Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

A bit more on the link with Emana

News of the World: Aston Villa are favourites to sign Cameroon star Achille Emana. The 10-cap 24-year-old midfielder has scored eight goals for French outfit Toulouse, who would expect to pick up at least £3million for the African playmaker.

and this is his own words about his game, he sounds very confident :D

“My aim is to be able to cross the ball like David Beckham, to have the power of Ronaldo, to possess the same finesse as Zinedine Zidane, and to have the dribbling skills of Ronaldinho.â€

Apparently he's been linked with Arsenal in the past and recently Pompy, Lyon and struggling PSG, he certainly want's to play in the premiership though judging from a few of his interviews i've read so if we are really interested i don't think we'd have any problems.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News of the World: Aston Villa are favourites to sign Cameroon star Achille Emana. The 10-cap 24-year-old midfielder has scored eight goals for French outfit Toulouse.

Is he the new Berson?

News of the World: Aston Villa are favourites to sign Cameroon star Achille Emana. The 10-cap 24-year-old midfielder has scored eight goals for French outfit Toulouse.

Is he the new Berson?

Well i haven't seen too much of him but no i wouldn't say he's a Berson type, he's much more bigger, faster and physical for s start, Emana is an attacking midfielder who likes to create and score goals which i think would be ideal for our midfield, there's no harm at all in getting more creative players, Wenger has got it spot on when he's signed quality African midfielders from France and even though Djemba-Djemba wasn't what we'd hoped he would be i'm sure that mistake won't happen again with this guy.

Is he the new Berson?

More the new Djemba Djemba I imagine.

nolan ain't that great. he's a battling cm who can get a few goals, but he's not really going to add anything significant. of the other english cms who always get suggested, i'd rate him below barton, parker and reo-coker. plus he wouldn't be cheap.

This will do me:

Distin and Barton from Man City, Jaaskeleinen, Nolan and Anelka from Bolton and a right back from somewhere else!

Can't see us getting Barton now after the chants yesterday. In fact, I'm sure that's why he took the penalty- was wound up and wanted to celebrate in front of us- oops

What about these three Dutchmen/or/Dutch league?

1. Van der Vaart

2. Sneijder

3. Jefferson Farfan

all great players but i'd say van der vaart's the only one we'd have an outside shot of signing. sneijder and farfan would both be going to one of the top champions league clubs if they did move.

another suggestion:

Tuncay Şanlı of fenerbache. contract up at the end of the season, i believe. fast, tricky left winger/attacking mid. quality player.

Can I just add my weekly.......................

Sign Defoe please MON.......

Thanks.

Please dont.

I know its been a much discussed issue but still don't get the anti-Defoe feeling.Hes a top quality player,one of most natural goalscorers in the prem and would be a great signing for any team who played him regularly.End of.