Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Kallstrom would be great!!

Why would Juve buy Boruc as they already have the best keeper in the world??

Word on the Italian grapevine is Buffon is off to Inter for 40 odd million.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he looks like the star in a team in someone like Wigan and Fulham. We need to have players who will be stars for teams at the top IMO

As a squad player? We're not going to have a team full of 'stars' for many many years IMO.

Look at Chelsea (pre-Abramovich) and Spurs, when they suddenly became exciting and "big" in many people's eyes. Buying players like Vialli and Davids is clever. Stars who are on the brink of their careers. Sure, they won't last for 8 years but they will last for 2-3. What about Fab Ravanelli to Boro? What about Juninho to Boro? Arguably a crappier club than us at the time. What about Djorkaeff who was still a big player although up in the years, and what about Owen/Duff to Newcastle? What about Woodgate to Boro last season when they were really crap? And how about Tevez/Mascherano to WH?

To put it out simple, we are more than able to sign big players as long as we show the proper ambition and put the right monies on the table.

Deco anyone? He's rumoured to be leaving Barca in the summer. He'd demand big money in wages but I´d like to think he's the sort of player we can be looking to sign. I think he´s the type of creative force we are lacking in the centre.

Deco anyone? He's rumoured to be leaving Barca in the summer. He'd demand big money in wages but I´d like to think he's the sort of player we can be looking to sign. I think he´s the type of creative force we are lacking in the centre.

I wish....

Deco?

If he was available clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Bayern München, Roma, Inter, Milan, Juventus, Real Madrid, Sevilla, Werder Bremen

and Lyon, as well as many others, would crave to sign him.

He's 30 years old. Perhaps that is why they are not craving to sign him.

I think he looks like the star in a team in someone like Wigan and Fulham. We need to have players who will be stars for teams at the top IMO

As a squad player? We're not going to have a team full of 'stars' for many many years IMO.

Look at Chelsea (pre-Abramovich) and Spurs, when they suddenly became exciting and "big" in many people's eyes. Buying players like Vialli and Davids is clever. Stars who are on the brink of their careers. Sure, they won't last for 8 years but they will last for 2-3. What about Fab Ravanelli to Boro? What about Juninho to Boro? Arguably a crappier club than us at the time. What about Djorkaeff who was still a big player although up in the years, and what about Owen/Duff to Newcastle? What about Woodgate to Boro last season when they were really crap? And how about Tevez/Mascherano to WH?

To put it out simple, we are more than able to sign big players as long as we show the proper ambition and put the right monies on the table.

A lot of those teams did **** awful! I would rather have a Steve Sidwell now than a washed up has been on big money here for one last pay day such as Mr Ginola and his £42000pw, brink of his career. And he was shit!