Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Yakubu is a great shout...i dont think it will mean that Gabby or Luke will miss out either because he could play in place of Carew or with him or either of the two younger lads, so seems like the perfect signing, despite his work-rate, he will get you goals and make a few aswell!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yakubu is a great shout...i dont think it will mean that Gabby or Luke will miss out either because he could play in place of Carew or with him or either of the two younger lads, so seems like the perfect signing, despite his work-rate, he will get you goals and make a few aswell!

At last some common sense!!. :D

MARTIN O'Neill is poised to stun Aston Villa fans by letting go some of the home-grown kids who thought they would be the backbone of the club's future.

That will open the door for the clutch of clubs chasing Northern Ireland international midfielder Steven Davis and England Under-21 defender Liam Ridgewell.

O'Neill (right) will have a £20million transfer kitty from American billionaire owner Randy Lerner this summer and he's admitted it means he might not be able to keep the likes of Davis and Ridgewell happy - though he'd prefer them to stay.

The Villa boss said: "You don't want to let young players go, but there's going to be a stage where some of them who have tasted it a bit are not playing regularly.

"It was always going to be a five- or six-year plan and we will look to kick forward now. We are looking for players who can turn draws into wins. Eventually quality players will make the difference."

sundaymirror

Also - The People have linked Jlloyd with a move to Wet Spam and McCann is to be another casualty in the summer

Finally, the Sunday Express claim that Celtic Keeper, Artur Boruc was seen in the players lounge at Villa Park ahead of a move

(no links to the People or Express stories)

Would it? There is no room for sentiment. He had a reasonable start to the season compared with a joke of one last year.

If, as we are led to believe, we are investing for European football, then Ridgewell has no place at VP. Get used to it, I've been saying for a long time many of aour youngsters won't be here in a couple of years. They might be good but they're not in the same class as the big four's teenagers.

you dont want woodgate? why the hell not? he's looked awesome for boro and finally seems over his injurys (which means he wouldnt cost alot either)

If we had any other manager than MON I'd say no to Bellamy, but if theres one bloke who can calm him down and get the best out of him then its MON....

I think Woodgates knowledge of the game would be better suited to a bigger club than the like's of Middlesvilla. I'd take him, but would also invest in another centre back because of the injuries him and Laursen would surely pick up. Would be like war stories in the physio room!

Bellamy - no thanks, would much rather Defoe!

you dont want woodgate? why the hell not? he's looked awesome for boro and finally seems over his injurys (which means he wouldnt cost alot either)

If we had any other manager than MON I'd say no to Bellamy, but if theres one bloke who can calm him down and get the best out of him then its MON....

I an still not fully convinced that woodgate is over his injury probs as for Bellamy MON had problems controlling him at Celtic just leave him at pool.

Borac was at VP as he is very good friends with Petrov and was invited to meet him after the game and catch up.

Woodgate and Bellamy linked to Villa.

*wishes he could say something, but can't*

Looks like I will definitely coming over for a chat at half time today JC!

:winkold:

if he had problems with him at celtic i doubt he want to sign him again???? infact im sure he has said in the papers that he was a good lad and never had any problems with him?

I'd be very happy with boruc, woodgate, bellamy and a midfielder...altho would much prefer Bent / Ashton or Tevez instead of Bellamy...he will do though....

Chelsea seem to be letting Geremi go...he's a very very good player and would be fairly cheap too....