Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

It's Sørensen and Pedersen, please show some respect for the Scandinavian heritage ;)

I know you don't have the letters ÆØÅ, but still you could use -SEN instead of SON :)

With all respect to Scandinavian heritage, I would happily pay for Sørensen's ticket home.

Robert Green will be available in the summer, and for me he is the priority buy.

Robert Green??? Oh no, please no! Had really good times for Norwich and kept them respectable, but he should be doing much better in a Sham shirt - weak link I'm afraid, stay clear!

I agree - he's looked suspect with his positioning every time I have seen him play.

Very true, the only keeper with worse positioning is Paul Robinson.

Also his decision making is awful, I'd have no faith in him if I were playing at the back.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Sørensen and Pedersen, please show some respect for the Scandinavian heritage ;)

I know you don't have the letters ÆØÅ, but still you could use -SEN instead of SON :)

With all respect to Scandinavian heritage, I would happily pay for Sørensen's ticket home.

Robert Green will be available in the summer, and for me he is the priority buy.

Robert Green??? Oh no, please no! Had really good times for Norwich and kept them respectable, but he should be doing much better in a Sham shirt - weak link I'm afraid, stay clear!

I agree - he's looked suspect with his positioning every time I have seen him play.

Very true, the only keeper with worse positioning is Paul Robinson.

Yeah but he scores goals :D

What type of player do we need?

We seem to be OK for pace up front, so do we need a more technical player?

Are we focussing our forward line around Carew? If so, would a technical player limit JC's chances?

I think we need to play 4-3-3, but properly. If so, I would like us to buy a left winger.

Not every club is going to throw money at players just like that, money is going to cover debt for clubs such as Arsenal, Man City perhaps, Everton and Boro.

Getting 25M in cash to buy players still gives a helluva lot to pay on wages and it's not good to just spend.... in a business perspective.

He'll also be getting rid of quite a few bench warmers me thinks. How much is DJX2 getting a week?

What type of midfielder is Muntari? Defensive?

The Ghana fans i know claim he could be as good as Essien and from what i've seen of him i agree, he's a box to box player with pace, stength and can create too, he'd be an absolute snip if we manage to get him, he's only 23 too so he can only get better, he's got the trusty left foot that could replace Berger's imo.

Didn't he play on the right of midfield for Ghana with Essien and Appaih in the centre at the world cup? Manure were interested in him I think when Ronaldo was sulking although obviously a different type of player.

No he played on the left of midfield for Ghana at the world cup but his favorite position is center midfield, but as you mentioned with top guns like Essien and Appiah in those stops he had to draw the short straw!!, Manure were linked with him before the world cup because he had a trial with them and they wanted to sign him but they had permit problem and it failed, but now he's played for Ghana so many times that wouldn't be a problem.

I would honestly love Dean Ashton to fill the Angel void. He's an amazing talent, and model professional, and a hardworker. Can score a goal or two as well ^_^

Lets hope the buggers go down and we can get him. He is of the similar ilk to Carew with a good eye for goal that would give us lots of options

I read a peice in the paper about Bellamy following the golf club incident. He was honest about his anger issues and he came across as a genuinely nice guy, though that could just be the 'spin'. He's one hell of a talent, I'd be happy to have him.

We do need another striker. 3 just simply isn't enough.

I agree, and I think Bellamy and Carew could work very well together. Both are very mobile, strong and comfortable on the ball, and at the same time they compliment eachother in that Carew is better in the air whereas Bellamy is a better poacher than Big John.

We need a star striker that gives us 20 goals per season...I dont know if Bellamy is up to it really. Carew is not going to do it, but his quality is very good if he gets a player beside him that has a true eye for goal.

I think that the choice of Defoe is much better at this than Bellamy...but that is just my gut feeling.

I think Saha might be available in the summer as Fergie is pissed off about his constant injury problems

and you think we'd love his injury problems ? ;):)

Guest VillaFan1

lol we were linked with marlo harewood ! i wouldnt pay £1 for him as hes shite if villa want to get up the table then hes not the answer.

Hes fit for the championship i,d say ! :?

lol we were linked with marlo harewood ! i wouldnt pay £1 for him as hes shite if villa want to get up the table then hes not the answer.

Hes fit for the championship i,d say ! :?

Please no, I'd sooner have Carlton Cole back!

Of the "gettable" Prem strikers, Benni McCathy is one of the most effective in terms of goals per minute on the pitch.

IIRC he was a target when we bought JPA... Any takers now?

The top ten according to this stat are

1. Solskjaer (only had a few games)

2. Van Persie

3. Henry

4. Drogba

5. Ronaldo

6. Crouch

7. McCarthy

8. Viduka

9. Zamora

10. Rooney

Goalie

I like tommy - I know he drops the odd clanger - but overall he is a decent prem keeper. But if we are after more than decent then some of these have been mentioned:-=

Jaskalien - Yes would like him & gettable I would think

Celtic Goalie - don't know his name and don't want to - I don't want any more ex celtic players

Ben Foster - would like him - but can't see MANU letting him go

Green - doesn't really look any better than tommy

Murray - Wolves - looks good but very injury prone

any others ?

f the "gettable" Prem strikers, Benni McCathy is one of the most effective in terms of goals per minute on the pitch.

IIRC he was a target when we bought JPA... Any takers now?

I would bet my mortage that if we had spent the £9.5 million that we spent on JPA on Benni McCarthy, then we would have had an awful lot more goals scored over the last six years.

I would bet my mortage that if we had spent the £9.5 million that we spent on JPA on Benni McCarthy, then we would have had an awful lot more goals scored over the last six years.

Yes, well... perhaps not a good time to start that particular ball rolling... :)

I was more interested to see if anybody would be interested in siging him now?

EDIT: he's 29