Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Carew being here, he could have a word with the likes of Kallstrom etc, tell them to come and talk to MON and Randy!

Our MOST MAJOR target, our NUMBER ONE has to be Darren Bent in my opinion. He and Carew would be the most formiddable strikeforce we have had in years, I honestly believe it would TRANSFORM our team!

Our MOST MAJOR target, our NUMBER ONE has to be Darren Bent in my opinion. He and Carew would be the most formiddable strikeforce we have had in years, I honestly believe it would TRANSFORM our team!

Well, don't think Bent is gonna happen, looks more likely to be Bellamy...

Why won't Bent happen? 13million, he's ours!

Why won't Bent happen? 13million, he's ours!

And cheap at half the price! :)

don't get me wrong, i'd love to see us sign him..

I just be surprised if MON spent that much on a single player though. As someone stated a few pages back, we have several positions we need to improve on and need to see at least half a dozen new players arriving...not going to be cheap!

I can see MON going for Bellamy b4 Bent because 1. He's worked with him and knows what he's getting. 2. He could be as much as 5-6m cheaper than Bent and there would also be less competition for his name.

Just my thoughts...but who knows what MON is thinking!

Oh and i'm by no means a Bellamy fan, but agree that he and Carew could be dangerous. Though neither is really a goalscorer as such..

I can see your thinking on the matter, fair enough.

He spent 10 mill on Young though, and we were also in for SWP.

One things for sure, we have a seriously AMBITIOUS Chairman!

VILLA LINE UP BORUC SWOOP

Posted 13/04/07 09:56EmailPrintSave

Aston Villa are reportedly lining up a summer move for Celtic goalkeeper Artur Boruc.

Martin O'Neill has already raided his former club to sign Stiliyan Petrov and Shaun Maloney and now the Daily Record believes he's after the impressive Polish shot stopper.

It's been reported that Boruc has received an invitation from agent Tony McGill, who set up the Petrov and Maloney deals, to visit Villa Park and watch the team play.

Boruc is under contract at Parkhead until 2009 and could cost Villa £4million while there could also be competition from Bayern Munich, who have also been linked with Arsenal's Jens Lehmann.

Villa's current number one Thomas Sorensen has 14 months left on his contract and is yet to be offered a new deal.

Click

With Carew being here, he could have a word with the likes of Kallstrom etc, tell them to come and talk to MON and Randy!

Bent and Carew would not work together - would both be going for the same ball - 2 big men together don't work - can you name any two big men combinations who have worked? Normally big man / small man combinations are most successful

No reason to avoid 2 big strikers. Id guess the reason why you normally see one big and a tiny fella is the combination of pace and heading/tie up defenders ability.

Carew and Bent fortunatly have it both, except Carews finishing is a bit dodgy.