Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres a very good chance we could get foster

the mail say that it would be a similar deal to the one he has at watford

fosters stated that he doesn't want to be sitting on the bench, if ferguson thinks VDS is good enough to be number 1 for another season then chances are he will go back out on loan, where better than us?

we have more chance of getting him than boruc, who i firmly believe was watching arsenal rather than us.

Did I hear something somewhere about us being interested in gravesen?

Well he does play for Celtic. I've also heard we're interested in Artur Boruc - no not kidding.

No to Foster if it's a loan. YES YES YES if its a proper deal.

Reo-Coker was excellent last season, this one he's looked lazy and not up for a fight - if we can get him cheaply then worth it imo....

Agree on both counts.

No to Foster if it's a loan. YES YES YES if its a proper deal.

even if by the end of next season we are in the uefa cup and able to attract an even better keeper, which we wouldn't be able to attract at the end of this season.

I think Reo-Coker's perceived attitude problems have all stemmed from when he believed he would be granted a move to Arsenal in the summer but was ordered to stay...

I think that playing in a team he has chosen to join, as opposed to being made to play for, will see a return to the form of last season. I would be delighted if we are the team he chooses to join.

*Edited to conform to 'I before E except after C' rule...

even if by the end of next season we are in the uefa cup and able to attract an even better keeper, which we wouldn't be able to attract at the end of this season.

Man United are rumoured to currently want Foster back (after the loan ends). So unlike Phil Bardsley, he probably has a future at ManUre. Foster is easily good enough for us.

where did i say foster wasn't good enough for us?

they want him back, hes been quoted as saying he doesn't want to sit on the bench all season

if fergie decides VDS is his number 1 next season, then foster is probably available on loan again

i'm just saying to the pepple who don't want him on loan but want him on a permanent that, if we got him on loan for next season he could help propel us into a uefa cup position. So when foster goes back to man united we will be in a lot better position to attract a quality goalkeeper.

this is all hypothetical anyway, as fergie might decide that foster is a better choice for number 1 next season than VDS. But if foster is available on loan again we've got more chance of signing him than boruc if hes available.

Reo Cocker was second best player on the pitch behind Carew in the recent game at Villa Park .... him and Barton and we'd finally have a midfield to take us places

Reo Cocker is quality, would be a great signing. Am i the only person that feels we need a new right back urgently? Surely Bardsley is not the solution. Sign him as a squad player yes, as a first team player no way is he good enough. Diaby ripped him apart and he isn't even a winger.

If we signed Reo cocker, Barton and Bellamy we'd have 3 tossers in the team but maybe we'd have a bit of fight as well. Something we've lacked for as long as i can remember.

I don't think Bardsley should be signed even as a backup. Delaney & Hughes are more than decent backup to a new rightback (Delaney will be back in the summer, I just hope we sign him up). And Diaby will be ripping people apart for quite a few years to come in the Premiership I think so I wouldn't be too hard on Phil.

I have said all along that I don't want any more Celtic players, but this time I forgot a certain somebody.

Artur Boruc is a great goalkeeper and I'd love him at the Villa any day.

NRC? Why not, he is much better than McCann that's for sure

One player that really stands out in every eurogoals I watch on Eurosport is Wesley Sneijder. Damn that boy is quality!

Think he will leave Ajax this summer, probably to Barca or Madrid. But you´ll never know, Van der Vaart left for Hamburg.... Stranger things has happend. It´s worth a shot!?!?