Golf: General Chat

villarule123

Lucky sod EA.

Used to play the game on a regular basis (7 handicap) but have never had the privilege of attending any of the British Opens, only the Irish Open.

Watched Seve murder Royal Portmarnock many years ago in the Irish Open and he really was the modern day Arnold Palmer.

Edited by Morpheus

I don't think you can say he bottled it PaulC, Mickelson was sublime. For a yank he seems pretty humble so don't mind him winning. 

...a level par round would have put him in a playoff.

Indeed.

How many of the last ten pairings shot level par (or better)? By the looks of it just Mickelson and Stenson

That's not to say that Westwood played good enough golf on the sunday to win it because he didn't, obviously. I think it's not just harsh but incorrect to say that he bottled it - it's an all too easy position to take when someone is leading and they don't go on to win.

Yes perhaps its a bit harsh. I never thought a 2 shot lead was much anyway but that was his big chance to win a major after so many years of trying. Maybe he wont get another one.  A bit Colin Montgomery.

Yes perhaps its a bit harsh. I never thought a 2 shot lead was much anyway but that was his big chance to win a major after so many years of trying. Maybe he wont get another one.  A bit Colin Montgomery.

I think he will (he's been contending a lot for the last three or four years) - whether he takes it or not is another question!

Now Monty did toss it away in that US Open, didn't he? Actually, didn't Phil, too, that year?

• 8 months later...

Anyone fancy anything for the Masters? I'm on Bubba, Day & DJ.

cabrera is always a good bet, he plays shit golf all year and only plays well at augusta

• Like 1

Anyone fancy anything for the Masters? I'm on Bubba, Day & DJ.

cabrera is always a good bet, he plays shit golf all year and only plays well at augusta

60/1 I backed him, have Stenson at 28 as well.

was gonna back Day but think he is carrying an injury

was gonna back Day but think he is carrying an injury

He injured his thumb about 6 weeks or so ago in the WGC matchplay.

He's been off since but he has reported that it's okay (taped up and he had a cortisone injection last week).

Â