Squad for next season

AndyBM

It's so depressing talking all hypothetical if we were to go down. Maybe end of March/mid April is the time to talk about it, I think this thread is a bit premature.

If we were to go down I have faith we would have the staff and infrastructure to mount a serious challenge to win the Championship. It's all about good management and having the balls to win mid-week at places like Barnsley.

im not on the wind up at all, im just being realistic to the possibility that we are going down, we are far from safe, despite having a good attack line, this is the worst weve been for a long time

im also being realistic as to what players we will be able to keep hold of and who we will lose no matter what we try to keep them

maybe we will make a couple of signings to help us in the championship maybe sign dawkins on a permenant, and we will need another defender

Yes, every single decent player will leave and we will buy absolutely no one. That is exactly what's going to happen.

If we go down ? Or stay up ?

Or either ?

Either.

If we go down we will of course lose some of our good players but I don't think we'll lose every single half decent player we have nor do I think we'll not spend at all.

We need to be optimistic guys!!

All it takes is for us to win back to back games then the team morale would get back up. 

We won't know until the end of march if we have a chance or not.

We are more likely to lose back to back games starting from today,then the confidence in the squad will be just right to lose/draw the next 2, then we are down.

I hate to admit that we are down, but you must be realistic, if we do'nt go down this term then we will go down the next.Its just a matter of time with the useless clearings in the woods we have in charge at the top.

• 2 months later...

Now we know we're staying up we can all stop being so negative!! However I'm sure we'll all agree that the squad looks in need of some serious investment for next year. Although it's still in need of serious trimming imo and looks really unbalanced. Lambert also has some big decisions to make over new contracts in the next year. So well done for surviving but now's the time to see what he does with the squad with Petrov, Makoun, Dunne, Lichaj, Marshall and Dawkins all gone or looking like they're leaving and Hutton, Ireland, Given and Bent all on far too much money for the job they're doing (or not doing) and surely on the available for transfer list, In an ideal world we'd see all 10 leave the squad and payroll.

Even if Seigrist steps up to the first team squad we'll need another GK if Given leaves.
We desperately need another decent CB. If not 2 

We could do with some cover for Lowton at RB. If not 2 if Hutton & Lichaj are going.

We could do with a decent LB. 

We desperately need a left winger, if not 2

We will need to replace Bent if he goes

Baker and Weimann should be signed up for the rest of their days ASAP. Clark should be given a new contract. The rest of the 2014 contract expiry group should be made to prove themselves next year. 

Id love to see us with a squad next year that has 3 options in every position. 

yes, were safe, just but youve got to admit it was bloody close, to close for comfort for sure, we shouldnt of been in this situation, but we were, and we scraped through it

yes, i was convinced we was going down, but can you blame me? look how bad things have been

the transfer window will clearly be different to how it could of been if we had gone down and my original post was the worst case scenario

now we have a better understanding of who will be leaving, we can look better to the positions that need strengthening

theres still alot of players going out (some of which we hope as well)...

Given - will want first team action

Marshall - contract expiry

Stevens - not very good

Dunne - contract expiry

Hutton - utter sh ite

Lichaj - contract expiry

Dawkins - contract expiry

Bannan - utter sh ite

Makoun - sold already

Ireland - attitude problem (apparently)

Bent - will want first team action

Delfouneso - utter sh ite

taking into consideration the above, i think we need a keeper, 1 back up RB, 1 LB, 2 CBs, 1 AM, 1 striker, thats 7 players 

Â