The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Was such negative dirge written about Lerner when O'Neill was failing to win in (every) March?

McLeish has a double mess to clear up, and so far he has had a few short months.

I agree that the football is crap, but it's only marginally worse than it was under everyones apparent hero, so we have to give him some time, which the MON fanboys don't appear to want to give him, or any manager for that fact.

Your hero has gone for good. He is now sleeping with another set of supporters. Get over it.

Yes he has gone, you should take your own advice and get over it. This is all about the clueless trinity of Lerner, Faulkner and McLeish

Was such negative dirge written about Lerner when O'Neill was failing to win in (every) March?

well MON was brilliant as he had his buddies in the media brainwashing people into thinking he was a world class manager. Maybe if Eck or GH jumped up and down like a lunatic and were loved by media they wouldnt have been slaughtered seconds from walking in the door.

People forget MON first season when we played some awful football and flirted with relegation until a late run after about 30 games into the season

It doesn't have much to do with MON aside from the fact we were looking like a side under him, he resigned and lerner has appointed two clueless managers and sold our best players without replacements.

Negative dirge as you put it was not written about Lerner (apart from criticisms by me actually) under MON because , I would guess, at that time we were actually winning games, scoring goals, giviing the top four a run for their money and challenging for top four. Just a guess, could be wrong

Feels strange siding with you ;) but again. I agree.

Of course we didn't have the same complaints about MON - he acheived significantly more than has happened since (or before for ages) or hadn't you noticed ?

He was right, Lerner was wrong, and we have become a laughing stock because of it. It isn't a question of not getting over MON, it is how far and how quickly we are sinking with these clowns in charge.

A caller to local radio reckoned he left 15 mins before the end today.......

*if* true - thats outrageous ..........

I say if because i find it hard to beleive someone would travel 6,000 miles....then leave early..........

A caller to local radio reckoned he left 15 mins before the end today.......

*if* true - thats outrageous ..........

I doubt he left early probably just went inside a corporate box.

Probably right. but i doubted any chairman would see

Steve Mclaren, Roberto Martinez, Alex Mcleish - as potential villa managers

He's gone to the Middle East hasn't he

I have never quoted a destination while a flight is 'live'.

If your question relates to a feeling (hope!) that he has found a wealthy Sheikh to talk to, you couldn't be further from the truth.

(but as I didn't answer your question-yes)

Â