The Randy Lerner thread

CI

When is this word removed going to the get all the grief? Against Southampton its all going to be aimed at Lambert. He's going to get a load of abuse. When are we going to turn on this word removed?

He's not getting grief because he hasn't done anything wrong since he appointed McLeish. 

Respect? Hiring McLeish? No backing in January windows and gambling with our premiership survival? You seem more concerned with him than the state the club is in. Crazy.

When is this word removed going to the get all the grief? Against Southampton its all going to be aimed at Lambert. He's going to get a load of abuse. When are we going to turn on this word removed?

He's not getting grief because he hasn't done anything wrong since he appointed McLeish.

Haha

Honestly if I had no interest in football and only read your posts I'd think Aston Villa were one of the top teams.

• Like 1

LOL

When people stop blaming Lambert and realise that no manager could work under lerner. 4 managers in 4 years? I think I know the real problem.

Apart from provide the dismal wage budget which has got us into the mess we're in today.

Some people can't see the wood for the trees.

So catalogue the list of things he's done wrong since he sacked McLeish.

The fact you don't see anything wrong just once again shows this warped view of the club right now.

That's not a list of things he's done wrong since he sacked McLeish, try again. 

The fact you don't see anything wrong just once again shows this warped view of the club right now.

Drastic cuts to the wage bill.

Limited funds made available to the manager.

Very limited funds given in two January windows when squad was desperate for improvements.

Complete lack of interest.

Complete lack of communication with the fans.

And that's just in this 2 year period which you seem to choose as a cut off point. Why you'd ignore what went before which has led to this mess again shows your desperation to support a billionaire while the team you support struggles.

Do the club pay for your services?

• Like 1

Respect? Hiring McLeish? No backing in January windows and gambling with our premiership survival?

I personally have no issue with who the club hire in terms of me feeling insulted by it, because I am not.

I have no idea whether backing was refused in January transfer windows, and I doubt whether you do either.

And the 'gambling' bit is simply your opinion, nothing else.

You seem more concerned with him than the state the club is in. Crazy.

BJ10, you asked a question and I showed you the courtesy of offering a reply. I did not expect you to agree with me, but please lay off with making judgements about what concerns me or not, because you are not in a position to judge.

• Like 4

Still not a list of things and no, they don't. Don't try and make out that I'm trying to paint a rosy picture where everything is wonderful though, please - I'm not. I just don't think Lerner deserves the shit he gets. 

I personally have no issue with who the club hire in terms of me feeling insulted by it

Nothing to do with you feeling insulted. You spoke about him respecting the club. How does the hiring of McLeish show that he respects the club?

I have no idea whether backing was refused in January transfer windows, and I doubt whether you do either.

Its called common sense. For 3 years in a row, when the squad was in desperate need of improvement you can sit there and think it was the managers choice to sign no one? Laughable.

No it's not. Look at the league tables the last few years and see how close we came. We came that close because of the decision making of the owner.

Still not a list of things and no, they don't. Don't try and make out that I'm trying to paint a rosy picture where everything is wonderful though, please - I'm not. I just don't think Lerner deserves the shit he gets.

Lerner has made mistake after mistake, and just as people use the "Lambert gets an easy ride as he was after McLeish", Lerner does because he isn't Doug. Funny how other teams are able to progress and run a club to be the best it can be, whereas all we can do is run a club like a championship club and cross our fingers. The lack of financial help to a new manager, who has been told to sell the high earners, but then given less than 40m net to build a SQUAD, is one of the reasons why we are in the position we are.

Calling people words removed on the internet is pathetic.

Calling people words removed on the internet is pathetic.

So sorry.

I personally have no issue with who the club hire in terms of me feeling insulted by it

Nothing to do with you feeling insulted. You spoke about him respecting the club. How does the hiring of McLeish show that he respects the club?

So, in another time, the signing of Peter Withe showed a lack of respect to the club? How different our history might have been.

Its called common sense. For 3 years in a row, when the squad was in desperate need of improvement you can sit there and think it was the managers choice to sign no one? Laughable.

Purely an opinion, which is fine, as VT is about opinions. But your opinion is based purely on the fact that something didn't happen that you think should have happened.

No it's not. Look at the league tables the last few years and see how close we came. We came that close because of the decision making of the owner.

Poor decision making is not gambling. The manager has used the resources afforded to him unwisely. That is not the owner's fault. The owner can only be judged on his managerial choice which, coincidentally, was the fan's choice.

So we are all guilty of 'gambling'

Â