Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I don't think Lerner has had brilliant value for money with the signings we've made. But that's not the reason we are in a mess.

You said in your other post about how we've recovered in the past. We had the opportunity to recover after MON but again Lerner **** things up, cutting costs too quickly and appointing terrible managers.

Look at the mess we're in. Look at how he failed with the browns. Lerner is not the unluckiest owner in sports. To fail with two sports teams in two different sports shows a real level of shitness.

But he patched it was two awful managerial appointments and cutting costs that took all quality from our squad.

......and yet you still continue to heap the majority of the blame at Lamberts door - Lambert (5% to blame), Others (95% to blame)

Unbelievable!!

Would I swap Diame for KEA...Yes

Would I swap Adam for Westwood...maybe

Would their wages have been sanctioned....No

As I said Fantasy Football

Are you party to board discussions? Just asking since you are still making a lot of statements based on what?

Also I think our board isn't in the habit of making bids for players like Dempsey and then asking him to accept wages on a par with Championship players but we'll forget about that shall we.

Edited by Morpheus

Yes, I actually do.

Then if everyone linked with the club thought that we should keep rewarding failure why did we get rid of Mcleish?

Relegation shouldn't be acceptable to either the fans or the board and if it does happen then the manager should be sacked.

Then if everyone linked with the club thought that we should keep rewarding failure why did we get rid of Mcleish?

Relegation shouldn't be acceptable to either the fans or the board and if it does happen then the manager should be sacked.

This depends on the entire situation OFC... if we on about villa then yes. But with the likes of derby i would think thats quite harsh,.

Your being ironic yeah?

No I'm basing my points on evidence, you know statistics?

Let's take a look at those shall we.

We have failed to score in seven of our last eleven league games.

In that time we have suffered a club record 8-0 defeat to Chelsea followed by 4-0 and 3-0 home losses to Spurs and Wigan respectively.

Our 19 points from 22 games is our worst total in our history at this stage of the season.

Our minus-25 goal difference is the worst in the top flight and we have scored a Premier League low 17 goals.

Our failure to score in seven of the last eleven is despite having a 1 in 2 striker at the club and spending 7m on another.

Yeah, I guess I am being ironic.

• Like 1

This depends on the entire situation OFC... if we on about villa then yes. But with the likes of derby i would think thats quite harsh,.

We're obviously referring to Villa mate but I do understand your point.

If Lamber were to stay even if he relegates us (which i think would be wrong) I wonder how big a paycut he would be willing to take for the privilege to continue his "project" with Aston Villa?

Edited by sne

Forget about last season and their injuries this season? What about Swansea? Just disregard them too to suit your debate?

Our injuries have been as bad

Yes Laudrup (coming directly from La Liga) has identified some decent players - good for him

Are you party to board discussions? Just asking since you are still making a lot of statements based on what?

No I'm not "party to board discussions" but my view is that the board would not sanction the probable wage demands of Diame, Adam and Berbatov - if anyone wishes to think differently thats their perogative

I'm not going to debate this ridiculous point any further

Our injuries have been as bad

Yes Laudrup (coming directly from La Liga) has identified some decent players - good for him

I believe your point was that Lambert couldn't have purchased better players with the finance available.

With Newcastle and Swansea put forward as examples, it has been clearly pointed out to you that your assumption has been incorrect.

Concerning your Laudrup-La Liga connection where has Lambert spent some of his time yet how many German players have we signed, or aren't there any better players in Germany than KEA, Westwood,, Lowton, Bennett and so on who we can afford?

No I'm not "party to board discussions" but my view is that the board would not sanction the probable wage demands of Diame, Adam and Berbatov - if anyone wishes to think diffeuurently thats their perogative

I'm not going to debate this ridiculous point any further

In a previous post I suggested excluding Berbatov due to his high wages to appease you which leaves Diame and Adam.

Are you trying to say the reason why the board wouldn't sanction the purchase of those players due to their wages even though Stoke and West Ham could with Crouch, Owen, Jarvis and Carroll already on their books?

The rumour is at the moment that we can't afford to buy a player over the 5m-6m threshold which is fair enough if correct? But when Adam and Diame were available before the season started Liverpool still owed us money through the Downing transfer. Could something not have been worked on there concerning Adam coming to us and Diame was on a free.

I believe the reason we didn't get those players was because Lambert didn't consider them prefering instead to pursue his own targets even when Lambert has already admitted in the media that Lerner did make extra funding available for more established stars hence the bid for Dempsey.

Edited by Morpheus

In a previous post I suggested excluding Berbatov due to his high wages to appease you which leaves Diame and Adam.

Are you trying to say the reason why the board wouldn't sanction the purchase of those players due to their wages even though Stoke and West Ham could with Crouch, Owen, Jarvis and Carroll already on their books?

The rumour is at the moment that we can't afford to buy a player over the 5m-6m threshold which is fair enough if correct? But when Adam and Diame were available before the season started Liverpool still owe us money through the Downing transfer. Could something not have been worked on there concerning Adam coming to us and Diame was on a free.

I believe the reason we didn't get those players was because Lambert didn't consider them preceding instead to pursue his own targets even when Lambert has already admitted in the media that Lerner did make extra funding available for more established stars hence the bid for Dempsey.

Not debating this any further

I believe your point was that Lambert couldn't have purchased better players with the finance available.

With Newcastle and Swansea put forward as examples, it has been clearly pointed out to you that your assumption has been incorrect.

Concerning your Laudrup-La Liga connection where has Lambert spent some of his time yet how many German players have we signed, or aren't there any better players in Germany than KEA, Westwood,, Lowton, Bennett and so on who we can afford?

I don't know what Newcastle paid for their players nor what they are paying in wages - whatever they are 2 points better off than us so not a great example

I also don't know the ins and out of Swansea's purchases and wages but Michu obviously looks the bargain of the season - if your point is that Laudrup and his scouting network are better than Lambert and his scouting network you might be right - I haven't got the information to make that call (and maybe you would need more than six months to come to a definitive position)

I'm happy that Lambert got good value for money with the players he bought in Vlaar, Westwood, Lowton, Benteke, Guzan and from what little I've seen Bowery all look good value for money. Bennett has been shaky so far but i think he might come good. KEA has disappointed me so far and PL may have got that one wrong

I feel that we have gone round and round on this one and so like the Berbatov / Adam / Diame issue, I'm not going to change your mind so there is little point continuing a seemingly endless discussion

......and yet you still continue to heap the majority of the blame at Lamberts door - Lambert (5% to blame), Others (95% to blame)

What? When have I ever heaped the majority of the blame on lambert? You won't find many posters who have aired their opinion of Lerner being the problem more than me.

What I've also said though is that lambert has been a disappointment, made mistakes and has to take some of the blame.

I don't know what Newcastle paid for their players nor what they are paying in wages - whatever they are 2 points better off than us so not a great example

I also don't know the ins and out of Swansea's purchases and wages but Michu obviously looks the bargain of the season - if your point is that Laudrup and his scouting network are better than Lambert and his scouting network you might be right - I haven't got the information to make that call (and maybe you would need more than six months to come to a definitive position)

I'm happy that Lambert got good value for money with the players he bought in Vlaar, Westwood, Lowton, Benteke, Guzan and from what little I've seen Bowery all look good value for money. Bennett has been shaky so far but i think he might come good. KEA has disappointed me so far and PL may have got that one wrong

I feel that we have gone round and round on this one and so like the Berbatov / Adam / Diame issue, I'm not going to change your mind so there is little point continuing a seemingly endless discussion

Apart from Benteke who is still rather hit and miss for me although I was totally wrong in calling him the next Balaban I really don't think the rest of his signings have been good value at all which is reflected in our current status and the statistics I have posted above.

However, since you won't accept those statistics as a judgement on how Lambert is doing then there's nothing more that I can do.

What? When have I ever heaped the majority of the blame on lambert? You won't find many posters who have aired their opinion of Lerner being the problem more than me.

What I've also said though is that lambert has been a disappointment, made mistakes and has to take some of the blame.

Thats how I see it too