Time for Black Arm Bands?

MikeMcKenna

Maybe OTT but at this exact moment in time it feels like AVFC has died! (or should i say; been murdered?)

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,

Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,

Silence the pianos and with muffled drum

Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead

Scribbling on the sky the message Aston Villa Is Dead,

Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,

Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

Villa was my North, my South, my East and West,

My working week and my Sunday rest,

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;

I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;

Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;

Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.

For nothing now can ever come to any good.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Edited by MikeMcKenna

Just been dumped out of the FA cup by Millwall. Thought I'd find some help on the internet. Found a questionaire and thought I'd share it here. Maybe I shouldn't have taken this quiz this week. Gotta go though coz there's some bloke at the door trying to give me a new coat but I think the arms are gonna be too long for me.............

Am I Depressed?

Please select the closest answer if you feel the precise answer to a question is not available. In order for the depression test to yield the best results, please answer honestly.

Do you have difficulty falling asleep at night?     Yes, often. especially after games

Check any of the following that apply to you most nights:    
Nightmares
Tossing/turning
Frequent waking

Do you often feel that life is not worth living?     Yes

How would you rate your daily levels of stress and anxiety?     High

Do you experience any delusions or hallucinations?     Yes

Does your mood take a turn for the worse as winter approaches?     Yes

Do you "put on a happy face" to hide feelings of sadness?     Yes

What is your least-favourite season? This one

Is it difficult to remember the last time you were happy?     Yes

Do you sometimes feel out of control and lose all good judgement?     Yes, I've been sticking up for Lambert all week

How would you describe your mood over the past several months?    
A rollercoaster
A long, dark tunnel
A bumpy road

How would you rate your self-esteem?     Low, all the time

Do you have trouble concentrating or remembering things?     Yes, often cant remember things, most notably the concept of "midfield"

Do you think that sadness and disappointment are a regular part of life, and that "happy" people are only deceiving themselves?     Yes

Have you been though a recent traumatic event, such as divorce, death of a loved one, or losing your job?  Yes

Do you try to avoid dealing with other people?     Yes

Have you lost interest in things that you used to enjoy?     Yes

Do you have any chronic pain, headaches, etc. that are not due to a known illness?     Yes, my heart hurts every weekend

Do you have periods during which you feel unusually confident and ambitious?     Yes

Apparently, the man said we could all get new coats - just tell your doctors about watching villa and you can have a bit of time off work too :)

Black arm bands? We're not Liverpool mate.

True but we are heading the way of another European Cup winner; Nottingham Forest. To all intents and purposes we are dead as far as the Premier League is concerned. Lerner/Faulkner have nailed up the coffin so a black arm band seems appropriate!

Jesus Christ. As miserable as I am straight after losing another game, I get over it. I certainly don't lose any sleep from it and wearing black armbands is OTT and disrespectful to the times when they are worn when PEOPLE have died.

Daft topic. It's a game ffs.

Edited by Ginko

Black arm bands? Has someone died? Yes they have but that has nothing to do with Villa.

Black arm bands should be as a tribute to the dead. Aston Villa is not dead and never will be. 

Edited by trekka

Â