A view from the opposition

Liam_Baggies

Yes i was, I wasn't there as a fan i was working.

It was coming from the bottom end of the smethwick next to the villa fans. There wasn't that many singing it but definitely were, i can understand if you didn't hear that. But pretty much the whole ground was clapping in the 8th minute theres no denying that.

My brother sits at the bottom on the end seat next to the Villa fans so I'll ask him when I see him. I would hope not anyway.

What exactly do you do?

The clap was planned for Astle but as expected, some probably misunderstood the situation. There were certainly Astle is the King chants in the Smethwick at the time of the applause.

Yes the WBA morons did the 8th minute thing they were jesturing at us in the away end throughout and sticking 8 fingers up and singing Chelsea .

Then in the 19th minute they didn't clap which is fair enough but rather than just ignore it they were making rocket polisher gestures etc. quite sickening to see really.

They are just so envious and jealous of villa it's unreal.

Yes the WBA morons did the 8th minute thing they were jesturing at us in the away end throughout and sticking 8 fingers up and singing Chelsea .

Then in the 19th minute they didn't clap which is fair enough but rather than just ignore it they were making rocket polisher gestures etc. quite sickening to see really.

They are just so envious and jealous of villa it's unreal.

Don't let it wind you up.

Your fans don't care remember...

Equally I could talk about the Villa morons which threw twenty and fifty pence pieces towards Albion fans, and the Villa idiot which decided to throw a bottle of pop at us but ended up hitting his own supporters..

My brother sits at the bottom on the end seat next to the Villa fans so I'll ask him when I see him. I would hope not anyway.

What exactly do you do?

The clap was planned for Astle but as expected, some probably misunderstood the situation. There were certainly Astle is the King chants in the Smethwick at the time of the applause.

I don't talk about what i do on here Liam (I've posted stuff previously and people at clubs read the forums and i got into trouble at work over it), but i'm at the Hawthorns quite often.

Don't let it wind you up.

Your fans don't care remember...

Equally I could talk about the Villa morons which threw twenty and fifty pence pieces towards Albion fans, and the Villa idiot which decided to throw a bottle of pop at us but ended up hitting his own supporters..

That was a donation, you ungrateful swine.

• Like 2

Liam i understand that this is wba's cup final and you are clearly cut up that you didn't beat us, however that's no excuse to start denying the fact that your support let itself down massively last night. And what happened to the Petrov picture that was supposed to be displayed as you reported ? Was that just BS ? Or did your club forget or choose not to display it.

The villa fans were brilliant pre kick off joining in the applause for your Derek Kevan.

Liam i understand that this is wba's cup final and you are clearly cut up that you didn't beat us, however that's no excuse to start denying the fact that your support let itself down massively last night. And what happened to the Petrov picture that was supposed to be displayed as you reported ? Was that just BS ? Or did your club forget or choose not to display it.

The villa fans were brilliant pre kick off joining in the applause for your Derek Kevan.

Not my cup final at all, I wanted to beat you, we didn't, I accept that and move on and look forward to the derby next season or in a few years time.

There was a small minority of supporters which let themselves down and as for the Petrov picture, it was reported by a Journo, but it was heavily criticised by supporters so I presume the club have opted against using it.

Yes we Villa fans were a credit during the Derek Kevan applause and the Albion fans let their club down. But that's only to be expected when the majority of them have single figure IQ's.

So i just imagined the clapping in the 8th minute of the game and people singing ' 8-0 to the chelsea boys' in the smethwick?

Apparently there was a few singing that song which is just plain embarrassing to be honest.

Totally misunderstanding the concept of the applause.

Ye that cracked me how all 2500 villa fans applauded their man before kick off which was a pleasure to do as we wanted to show our respect but the mouthy albion fans could not show respect, by all means dnt join in the applause but to **** mock our tribute is wrong, ye I agree their was a few villa fans who let's say were a bit up for it but were aston villa we do what we want(don't agree with the coin throwing thou), albion are like the young little brother who keeps getting bullied'picked on by its older brother and has always got its older brother's authority hanging over him (aston villa being its older brother), they have had this for years and years so theirs always gonna be a few of them that are bitter and some what twisted,

Some real over aggressive policing at the end too! Trying to push up back away from trouble flaring betwen rival fans - but there was no-where to go! Quite scary - I sort of pushed may way through and shot down the stairs to the area at the back of th stand.

Â