maqroll

Any Risk players who want to get a VT group going, click the link in my sig. If we get enough players, we can play quick games, and not the 24 hour slow turn ones.

I'm in

Can't find the game though , what I'd number am I lookin for ?

I'm in

Can't find the game though , what I'd number am I lookin for ?

There isn't a game set up yet, we still need a good dozen or more players so I can get the upgrade. Once we have the upgrade and the players, we then have the ability to play a real time game whenever there's a few of us on here.

Yeah I'm in as well. How do I join?

Just click the link in my sig

Yep, I haven't started a particular real time game yet, cuz I havent been upgraded yet. That'll come when more people register. Then I can start a game and notify whoever is on VT and is registered.

Until then, you can play 24 hr turn games with whomever.

Still room left? If so, i'm in

Yep, plenty of room to join the club, just click the link in my sig and register. It's free, unless you want to buy a $25 "Premium Membership", which lets you start games, play quick timed games, and as many games as you want at a time. I'm going to check with them to see how many people I need to sign up for them to give me the free Premium thingy. I might just spring for the $25, haven't decided yet.

Kamchatka is calling!

Any Risk players who want to get a VT group going, click the link in my sig. If we get enough players, we can play quick games, and not the 24 hour slow turn ones.

Axis & Allies is the one true turn-based board wargame.

20121005_191505.jpg

If memory serves, the Axis (played by me) almost won that time, partly because the Allied player was waaaay too cautious with getting the Americans involved (indeed, the Americans pretty much never got involved that game). The Germans took Moscow at one point with Japanese assistance and the Japanese also got Oz, NZ, India, and Alaska (though in the process perhaps spreading themselves to thin). However, a run of amazingly lucky British strategic bombing raids on German industrial production ultimately allowed the UK to grind Germany down.

That is also, of course, the classic, somewhat simplified version of the game, with generic pieces (the various countries' pieces are just different colors of the same piece). I recently acquired the latest edition of the successor series to that (Axis & Allies 1942; Axis & Allies 1941 is simplified and aims for a typical game to complete in 2 hours; Axis & Allies 1940 is split into Pacific (ANZAC, China, Japan, UK, and USA) and European (France, Germany, Italy, USSR, UK, and USA) games, but the boards are designed so that you can lay them next to each other and they seamlessly become a 70" x 32" worldwide board... a global 1940 game normally takes 12-24 hours to play out, from what I've been told), in which each combatants units are individualized. The UK units are:

Artillery - Ordnance QF25 Pounder

Tank - Matilda II

Antiaircraft artillery - 3.7in QFAA

Fighter - Spitfire

Bomber - Halifax

Aircraft carrier - Illustrious

Battleship - Royal Oak

2b297f1.jpeg

Cruiser - Kent

Destroyer - S Class

Submarine - T Class

Transport - Liberty ship