Formula One - 2013

BOF

You mean "crofty", I hate that they refer to him with a nickname.

to me he seems to be an excited little child who has lucked into the role of being a formula 1 commentator. He goes from talking, really, slow, and meaningful beFORE HE STARTS SHOUTING REALLYFASTINAHIGHPITCHEDVOICE

Another lights to flag race for vettell, when you need rain to liven up a race its getting dangerously like the 2000/2006 years when Schumacher was winning 12 of the 16 races every season.

• Like 1

Im not liking all the booing of vettel on the podiums. Even more ironic coming at monza given seb is pretty much from the same pod schumacher.

Last years racing was great. Racing was close and the winner wasn't known till the end. And a championship title race all the way to brazil. This year it feels as if if vettel gets pole or second, he has already won the race unless it rains. Starting to get a bit boring especially with mclaren not being to challenge any top team. Lets hope these final races produce some excitement today the only big excitement was Hulkenberg getting a great finish out of the sauber. Maybe I'm a little biased since I am McLaren fan and their form has been shocking this year.

Maybe I'm a little biased since I am McLaren fan and their form has been shocking this year.

I think McLaren have decided to work on next years car rather than develop this one, which is why they really havnt made progress in the middle of the season

Was there ever an era like this in racing where you'd watch the whole race and only ever see about 90 seconds of coverage of the guy who was actually leading/winning? I'm not complaining though, as it'd be rather dull watching ze Cherman not actually racing anyone but it is amazing when you realised how little actually screen time he gets while dominating races.

Well ze other Cherman had similar coverage at times. It was amusing that they went to Vettel taking the chequered flag at almost the last second, as if they'd nearly forgotten to do so. Usually they follow him for the final few corners and wax lyrical about his performance on the day, but not this time. Nope, 2 seconds from switching coverage to crossing the line.

Looks like he's going to continue a trend. No F1 driver that has ever won 3 consecutive world driver's championships has ever stopped the streak at that point i.e. the other 2 (Fangio & Schumacher) continued on to win 4 and 5 consecutively respectively (5 & 7 in total). Vettel is probably going to reach 4 in a row now too.

Rosberg is the coolest German

Agreed. Doesn't get any cooler than this:

image_zps64fc74a9.jpg

* Not a German

• Like 1

Back to silly season for a mo'.

Rumours are that Kimi Raikkonen might be announced as Fernando Alonso's team-mate at Ferrari for 2014. That's a bit confusing. There's no way Raikkonen would agree to be subserviant to anyone else and there's no current way Ferrari would agree to have 2 number one drivers. If it does happen, and it might happen in the next 48 hours, then something must have given during negotiations. I can't imagine Raikkonen yielded. He'd rather give up Formula One and besides, he's as good being #1 at Lotus as being #2 at Ferrari. Maybe Ferrari are going to embrace a season of madness if only to try and win the constructors title and test the water of having 2 top drivers in the same team. It'll also give the fans a fascinating battle to watch. They're both generally regarded as 2 of the best on the grid and I wouldn't put money on who'd come out on top, though I'd edge towards Alonso.

Back to silly season for a mo'.

Rumours are that Kimi Raikkonen might be announced as Fernando Alonso's team-mate at Ferrari for 2014. That's a bit confusing. There's no way Raikkonen would agree to be subserviant to anyone else and there's no current way Ferrari would agree to have 2 number one drivers. If it does happen, and it might happen in the next 48 hours, then something must have given during negotiations. I can't imagine Raikkonen yielded. He'd rather give up Formula One and besides, he's as good being #1 at Lotus as being #2 at Ferrari. Maybe Ferrari are going to embrace a season of madness if only to try and win the constructors title and test the water of having 2 top drivers in the same team. It'll also give the fans a fascinating battle to watch. They're both generally regarded as 2 of the best on the grid and I wouldn't put money on who'd come out on top, though I'd edge towards Alonso.

It certainly would cause fireworks and would be really interesting and fun to see 2 of the best drivers go wheel to wheel for the same team. But I think it would result in the same situation as Mclaren in 07 with Hamilton and Alonso falling out with each other (The last time Alonso had a competitive team mate).

Â