Felix Wiedwald (MSV Duisburg)

GarethRDR

From The Rheinische Post...

Gremien des MSV beraten über die Zukunft

MSV board discuss the future

In schwierigen Zeiten braucht es viele helfende Hände. Morgen Abend treffen sich die Gremien des MSV, Aufsichtsrat KGaA, Aufsichtsrat e.V. und die Gesellschafter der Stadionprojekt GmbH, zu einem Informationsabend.

During difficult times, helping hands are required. Tomorrow night, stakeholders of MSV Duisburg (KGaA Supervisory, Supervisory Association and the Shareholders of the Stadium Project GmbH) will attend an information evening.

Dabei geht es darum, die finanzielle Situation des MSV darzustellen. Es spricht dann wohl auch jemand von einem Wirtschaftsprüfungsunternehmen. Der Klub klopft derzeit nach allen Richtungen potenzielle Geldgeber ab. Dass der MSV aus finanziellen Gründen möglicherweise den einen oder anderen Spieler zur Winterpause verkaufen muss, wird seit Wochen diskutiert.

The aim is to present the financial position of MSV, followed by a session with an accountancy firm representative. The club is currently seeking income/investment from all possible avenues, and as such discussions will likely turn to the sale of key players during the "Winterpause" to raise critical funds.

Kandidat von Interesse ist neben Andre Hoffmann Torhüter Felix Wiedwald. Erste Angebote sollen für den 22-Jährigen vorliegen. Dem Vernehmen nach aus England. Aston Villa aus der Premier League hat Wiedwald offenbar auf seiner Wunschliste. Der Scout der Engländer, Michael Henke, hat sich den MSV in Köln zum wiederholten Mal angesehen.

In addition to promising starlet Andre Hoffmann, a likely candidate to attract interest will be 22 year-old goalkeeper Felix Wiedwald; initial offers have reportedly been tabled from England, namely Aston Villa. The Premier League club's scout Michael Henke watched MSV Duisburg play in Köln last Friday, purportedly not the first time this season.

wiedwald80-1332924623.jpg

With Given potentially surplus to requirement, Henke reportedly in attendance at MSV Duisburg games and MSV strapped for cash, could this one actually have legs? Probably not. We all know there's no greater kiss of death on a link than a GarethRDR speculation topic, but Wiedwald does tick some boxes; young, promising, completely out of left field and - most crucially - available.

Maybe they did that old spot-the-ball trick of using a ruler to see where Henke's eyes were looking.

Not once did that ever **** work for me.

Speaking of actually, just what the bratwurst is Wiedwald looking at? :blink:

Felix.gif

• Like 2

(Obligatory you can't judge any player by youtube disclaimer). Would like to see some evidence of him commanding his area. Being a good shot stopper comes as standard in the premier league. You have to be able to deal with balls into the box. Then again Guzan couldn't catch when he started. Now he's fantastic in the air. Maybe it's not crucial at the start, whereas natural reflexes, agility, height and bravery are.

I don't know if this rumour is going anywhere. But having an ageing sub keeper on 50k/week makes no sense whatsoever. We need to switch Given for someone cheaper as soon as possible. And great to see Henke getting involved. He should have a massive part to play in building our squad for the future.

i have a question i know someone will know the answer to

if we let given go in january, will we still have to pay him the remainder of his contract?

if so, then that isnt really saving money if we bring in another keeper, itll just be more cost surely? :-/

i have a question i know someone will know the answer to

if we let given go in january, will we still have to pay him the remainder of his contract?

if so, then that isnt really saving money if we bring in another keeper, itll just be more cost surely? :-/

I think a player and the club can arrive at a deal. This wouldn't be 100% of the contract as you might as well keep the player. Ljungberg and West Ham cut a similar deal.

Der Westen now adding some fuel to the fire...

Ein englischer Klub hat sein Interesse bekundet, für Wiedwald eine Million Euro auf den Tisch zu legen. Der klamme MSV wird kaum umhin kommen, die Offerte anzunehmen. In den letzten Wochen hatte Michael Henke, Scout des englischen Premier-League-Klubs Aston Villa, Wiedwald mehrfach beobachtet.

One English club has already expressed interest in Wiedwald, having put a €1m offer on the table. MSV will be hard-pressed to refuse, with the club in question believed to be Premier League outfit Aston Villa; Michael Henke - their chief scout - has been spotted observing Wiedwald several times.

ma11.jpg

The rest of the article covers Wiedwald's broken hand which will keep him out for the remainder of the season. If this ever was on cards (and if the article is right) then I've no idea if we'd still see the move through or not. It wouldn't be the first time we've picked up a player recovering from a serious injury.