Wenger CL qualification means more then winning domestic cup competition

andykeenan

It's a much debated question isnt it? Wenger isnt the first to say qualifying for the big cup is better than winning the FA cup, he wont be last.

I'd still rather have the trophy. You dont tell your grandkids about the season you finished 4th, do you?

wenger has used the money wrong for years though, at the moment id rather have a cup, looking back to our 2 trips to wembley and 4th place challenge i think its safe to say if we'd have won one of those cups we'd still be in this mess whereas id like to think that if we'd have finished 4th we might be better off

CL qualification year after year and never doing anything with it though, that'd be frustrating as hell, id hate to be an arsenal fan

Di Matteo said qualifying meant more than winning the actual Champions League.

The most important thing was not that we won the Champions League but that it qualified us for the competition again this year

This makes me angry and sad all at the same time.

• Like 1

I'd still rather have the trophy. You dont tell your grandkids about the season you finished 4th, do you?

But you might tell them about the night you went to the Nou Camp / Bernabau / San Siro to watch your team in the top competition in Europe. Pick up a famous win or even draw and who knows which stories you'd be telling your grandkids. The night Messi got 2 but wasn't enough to beat a famous Benteke hattrick...

Â