GiffGaff

limpid

Another outage today, this time it appears to have been O2's fault, but I've requested my PAC. Three outages in 6 days without proper explanation is not good enough. My goodybag renewed overnight (typical), so I've got a month to decide where I'm moving to.

I think it'll be Three for the "no additional charge" LTE. Anyone looking at other options?

On the outages thing, my lad came home last night and threw his iphone up the wall claiming it was a bag of shit.

Then he found out it was Giff Gaff's fault...........................................

Mind you, he was right.

If it goes out again I'll be off. I don't religiously use my phone, but I want to know that when I need to, it will work. For all the pluses of Giffgaff, at the moment they cannot guarentee that. My previous providers had never caused me a problem on that front.

Lots of people on O2 are affected today, so that's hardly GG's fault. It happens. I'd probably stay if I had any confidence they'd actually done something to fix the issues permanently.

I've not been affected by issues today.

I was unable to use my phone for the entirety of yesterday evening, which was an issue with Giffgaff as O2 was unaffected.

I tend to be fairly unforgiving with any service that fails me.

I'd been with Orange myself for about 7 years before I moved to Giffgaff back in May. I'd never had an issue with Orange but I felt I wasn't getting much for my money any longer, and in fairness I wanted to get out of the contract cycle.

Theres a lot to commend Giffgaff for, they're good value and seem keen to offer customers a good deal, but it does also appear they are fairly unreliable. I've luckily only lost an evening's service this week, some people are experiencing their 3rd outage inside 7 days on the other hand. I'm surprised anyone would stick with the service that was party to that.

I can't say I see what you're getting at.

If that was to me, I was explaining that today's outage is O2's fault and is affecting a number of their customers. It's not just an GG problem. Tesco monile and any other resellers will also be affected.

You seemed to be addressing me from my first comment here. I explained that I personally have not suffered any issue today but did last night, when o2 customers were not.

The issues affecting some today aren't my concern and I haven't suggested otherwise so I wondered why you would make reference to them as if I had. I know the issues today are affecting all o2 based networks. Yesterday's problems did not.

People's experiences vary. But I've had a generally poor experience with giffgaff. How much is their fault and how much is O2 I don't know.

I can't see any reason to pick giffgaff over three in all honesty. There's like 1 quid difference in the monthly tarrif. While three allow unlimited data and tethering. Giffgaff don't.

I'd like to know how Limpid is affiliated with them though? This site and himself certainly are. I'd just like to know how come and in what capacity? Cheers.

A bit more than £1, it's £18 for unlimited data with tethering with Three. £13 will get you unlimited data but without tethering. Still a better deal, admittedly, as you say there's no way to get unlimited data with Tethering through Giffgaff.

Edited by Davkaus

I'd like to know how Limpid is affiliated with them though? This site and himself certainly are. I'd just like to know how come and in what capacity? Cheers.

Exactly the same way every user of GiffGaff is. You get an affiliate code and tell it to people. I'm guessing you didn't spend much time on the community side of the "community network" :) This is the way they grow.

I've also had two data outages on Three in the last two months.

Ah cheers for that. No I just wanted the unlimited data and didn't venture into the community.

Three can't be touched with this LTE offer though you have to admit. Your unlimited 3g plan costs the same when they turn on LTE. That's too good. Plus the calls and data being able to be used in Ireland is a boon to me.

The hassle of switching and no LTE until December means I'm still on giffgaff atm though

A bit more than £1, it's £18 for unlimited data with tethering with Three. £13 will get you unlimited data but without tethering. Still a better deal, admittedly, as you say there's no way to get unlimited data with Tethering through Giffgaff.

Well yes there's no unlimited with tethering on giffgaff. So the cost is £1 more on three. Who will then give you LTE for that price which means no contest.

I had the £12 unlimited data plan from Giff Gaff and was using the sim in my iPad. I have since been emailed from Giff Gaff and informed im not allowed to do this.

Darn.

The gigabag offers they do dont come close, £12.50 for 3gb. I need an unlimited data allowance so I can use my tablet on my commute etc. Any ideas fellow Vt'ers?

Â