Windows Mobile : General chat

BOF

They gave it 7.9 which is a very good score given they gave ecosystem 5/10.

Also their camera reviews do my head in. Nobody cares if daylight photos are slightly better on another phone. I don't want to take amazing photos with my phone. I want my phone to be successful at taking photos more often. The Lumia has image stabilisation to reduce blur and it also has excellent low light shots for my more common nights out photos.

Engadget are increasingly becoming my favourite reviewers. No scores really is a good idea. As is their lack of bias. I get strong bias from the verge, maybe not bias, but they have their view of what things should do and if something is different it gets negative opinion.

Nothing does my head in as much as their stupid pentile nonsense. They zoom in to levels of detail nobody sees or cares about. There are others, but they're becoming a slightly irritating site to read impartial reviews from.

Rant over. Where is Engadgets review.

Well no. I'd imagine that being able to take decent photos in low light, and decent photos with less blur would matter more to 90% of people than taking slightly better photos in daylight.

This is a phone. We want consistency in our snaps not inconsistent ones that may be slightly better.

Agree Techradars reviews are excellent. But they only review about half of devices that are sold. They also get reviews out weeks after they are reviewed elsewhere. This is a bit crippling imv for the site. Reviews going up weeks after devices are on sale.

When they do review devices they are superb reviews. No tech snobbery that is the definition of a verge review. No site goes on and on about pentile like the verge for example.

When will we get a Lumia 920 review from Techradars? At least a week, probably 2.

I'd rather have a detailed, informative and most importantly, accurate review a few weeks after release than a review rushed out the door that doesn't make sense.

I'm so tempted by the lumia 920 but the price is just going to be so unrealistic that it will be dead on arrival. £400 max, anymore is suicide on Nokia part.

£20 for the handset and £46 per month at EE. Ridiculous pricing IMO.

In a couple of months it will be heavily discounted as I can't see it being anything other than a flop.

I'd rather have a detailed, informative and most importantly, accurate review a few weeks after release than a review rushed out the door that doesn't make sense.

There is room for both I think. With early reviews, most places will get a unit for a few days to use and an embargo which states a time they cannot publish a review before, which in theory is there to stop people rushing reviews out in a desperate bid to be first. The embargo is why you saw all those Nexus 4 reviews go live between 3pm & 4pm yesterday.

Android Central said they were going to wait a full week before posting their Nexus 4 review on Monday. Past the embargo.

What is annoying is how late techradar are for even getting a device to review. I eagerly await their Lumia and Nexus 4 reviews. Even though I'm buying both phones anyway.

Galaxy Nexus still sells for 200 quid on eBay. Amazing.

Will the phone shops have the 8s on display so I can see if the screen is okay? I'm going to go for a budget wp8 and am edging towards the 8s over lumia 820 due to the price but reading about the resolution is a little off putting but you don't notice how low it is in person, apparently. Would like to see for myself before purchasing though.

Â