Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

'Little hope of catching up'! Are you for real? Are you saying that with half the season to play that being 8/9 points adrift then it is not possible to catch up?

They only have 8 or 9 points in total so far, so yes it does seem unlikely that they can catch up that same amount of points.

You only focused on Reading and QPR and the amount of points they have to seemingly try to justify why you think we won't go down but you did not mention the other teams and their current points haul which means we are actually quite close to the relegation zone and have the worst goal difference in the league.

That's because you were mocking the notion that Reading and QPR have little hope of catching up, so I was responding to that.

Sadly was always going to happen i fear.. Ok 8 is frankly embarrassing having said that but then i guess as a Villa fan i'm kinda getting used to it.

But Chelsea had their tails up after their holiday & recent battering of Leeds in the cup & with us prefferring to go for the win now the writing was on the wall after the first goal went in which sadly was vary early in the game.

Maybe this was a very valuable lesson for our kids who were maybe a touch cocky after the Anfield result?

That's because you were mocking the notion that Reading and QPR have little hope of catching up, so I was responding to that.

I never mocked the notion that Reading and QPR have little hope of catching up. On the contrary, it is quite feasible that they could catch up.

Sadly was always going to happen i fear.. Ok 8 is frankly embarrassing having said that but then i guess as a Villa fan i'm kinda getting used to it.

But Chelsea had their tails up after their holiday & recent battering of Leeds in the cup & with us prefferring to go for the win now the writing was on the wall after the first goal went in which sadly was vary early in the game.

Maybe this was a very valuable lesson for our kids who were maybe a touch cocky after the Anfield result?

absolutely right, if not predicted (and who could predict that) something that was to be expected

I never mocked the notion that Reading and QPR have little hope of catching up. On the contrary, it is quite feasible that they could catch up.

But you did mock it. Reading and QPR don't have much chance of catching up. I was right in what I said.

But you did mock it. Reading and QPR don't have much chance of catching up. I was right in what I said.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want us to go down, I want us to go shooting up the league and prove that there are a lot of teams worse than us.

However, putting my logical head on, I see that we have 18 points from 18 games which is piss poor. I see that we have the worst goal difference in the league which is piss poor. I see that we have a very young, inexperienced and small squad which is piss poor considering how long Lerner has had to address this since he took ownership. I see that we have just lost 8-0 which is our biggest ever top flight defeat which is piss poor. It is a continuing saga and collection of piss poor over several seasons which leads me to believe that we are piss poor.

Mantis you said at the start of the season we had as much chance of finishing top 6 as being relegated. Now you are saying Reading and QPR have no chance of catching us up. Crazy statements!

Come on mate. Even surely the biggest optimist can admit we are going to to be battling to stay up. We should do it but it will be a struggle to the end.

Mantis you said at the start of the season we had as much chance of finishing top 6 as being relegated. Now you are saying Reading and QPR have no chance of catching us up. Crazy statements!

Come on mate. Even surely the biggest optimist can admit we are going to to be battling to stay up. We should do it but it will be a struggle to the end.

I think some people are eternal optimists and never realists.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want us to go down, I want us to go shooting up the league and prove that there are a lot of teams worse than us.

However, putting my logical head on, I see that we have 18 points from 18 games which is piss poor. I see that we have the worst goal difference in the league which is piss poor. I see that we have a very young, inexperienced and small squad which is piss poor considering how long Lerner has had to address this since he took ownership. I see that we have just lost 8-0 which is our biggest ever top flight defeat which is piss poor. It is a continuing saga and collection of piss poor over several seasons which leads me to believe that we are piss poor.

And this makes the notion that Reading and QPR don't have much chance of catching up to us wrong how?

I think some people are eternal optimists and never realists.

I'm very much a realist. I just think some people are eternal pessimists and never realists.

Talk about a result which will destroy the confidence of the youngsters in our side

This usually is not a big problem when there are a few in your squad but when your entire squad is built from them... well this could all end badly

Get your chequebook out in January Lerner

And this makes the notion that Reading and QPR don't have much chance of catching up to us wrong how?

I'm very much a realist. I just think some people are eternal pessimists and never realists.

You are very much a 'Realist'! It obviously wasn't you that stated we have as much chance of finishing in the top 6 as being relegated then!

All that proves is that I'm not a fortune teller, which I knew already.

I think it proves that you are not a 'Realist' and that you base your predictions on gut feeling and optimism rather than actual evidence and fact.

We are on target for 38 points for the season but have the worst goal difference in the league.

From today's performance it seems the mythical second half of the season charge up the league is as far away as ever.

We really are in the mix for the religation places and it's going to be touch and go.

If Lamberts youth team gamble doesn't come off it could be the year we finally fall through the trap door.