Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I think the result last week gave us a false sense of reality. Liverpool are no Chelsea. I know it's easy to say in hindsight but maybe we should have just parked the bus today and tried to play for a draw or low scoring defeat. Goals difference could be key come the end of the season.

Chelsea was just unstoppable today. You gotta feel for a young Villa team.

There are worse teams than us.

'There are worse teams than us'.

You keep saying that and maybe someone else will believe you.

However, I doubt whether any of these 'worse teams than us' that you believe there are would have lost 8-0 today.

Last time we came away with a sense of injustice with the poor decisions that went against us. Today was a humiliation.

And what's to say the players won't respond to that? I know that if I put in such a shit performance like that I'd be really keen to put that right, out of pride if nothing else.

However, I doubt whether any of these 'worse teams than us' that you believe there are would have lost 8-0 today.

"The league table doesn't lie". There are four teams below us, two of them way below us with little hope of catching up. Clearly there are worse teams than us, as much as it pains some to admit that.

Hope we can get our shit together for Tottenham.

I think it was 'getting our SHIT together' that actually resulted in us losing 8-0 as they were totally SHIT. I would prefer that we actually got ourselves playing well.

I will. Last I checked there were four teams below us in the table. I imagine it will be the same come May. I'm not too worried what you think. If we loose 8-0 again maybe I won't call it a fluke and a very bad day in the office.

This was always going to be a tough, tough season but today was just a steaming shit sandwich with a cherry on top. There are only 3 or 4 players in that team that are anything better than squad players in my opinion.

We seem to play out of our skins one week, and then get raped the next. There is no consistency and worst of all, we fall to pieces so easily.

I hope Lambert totally blew his lid in the dressing room. The players should either be fined or be made to refund the fans after that. I know we are basically fielding a youth team these days but that was totally unacceptable.

The simple truth is we are a shit team, probably one of the worst teams in the league this season, and relegation is highly likely. Lambert hasnt made a storng enough impression so far as his hands are tied by our useless **** of an owner.

And what's to say the players won't respond to that? I know that if I put in such a shit performance like that I'd be really keen to put that right, out of pride if nothing else.

"The league table doesn't lie". There are four teams below us, two of them way below us with little hope of catching up. Clearly there are worse teams than us, as much as it pains some to admit that.

'Little hope of catching up'! Are you for real? Are you saying that with half the season to play that being 8/9 points adrift then it is not possible to catch up?

'Little hope of catching up'! Are you for real? Are you saying that with half the season to play that being 8/9 points adrift then it is not possible to catch up?

Reading are 9 points behind us, QPR 8. Even when we were playing consistently poor and losing a lot more games earlier in the season they were still comfortably below us. Unless they go on really good runs and we become consistently bad they won't overtake us.

It's a mystery. Perhaps you could explain it.

Well I'm not overreacting and claiming it's "highly likely". We've been outside of the relegation zone for most of the season because there are teams worse than us.

Reading are 9 points behind us, QPR 8. Even when we were playing consistently poor and losing a lot more games earlier in the season they were still comfortably below us. Unless they go on really good runs and we become consistently bad they won't overtake us.

Well I'm not overreacting and claiming it's "highly likely". We've been outside of the relegation zone for most of the season because there are teams worse than us.

I hate to break the news to you but 3 teams get relegated!

i still think there are worse teams than us QPR and reading for start then it only takes 1 more out of about 5, we SHOULD have more potential to spend bigger than the likes of wigan southampton and reading, then i also dont think and hope we have less potential to turn on the team when things go shit unlike sunderland and newcastle

sunderland have man city and spurs

newcastle have utd and arsenal

wigan have everton and us

southampton have fulham and stoke

i think we can finish the year on 21 points, maybe above all of those and starting to look at fulham and west ham in mid table

next year we then have southampton, newcastle, QPR and sunderland at home, and potentially winnable games vs fulham and west ham at home

Shit really?

You don't **** say. Now please point out where I said less than 3 teams get relegated?

You only focused on Reading and QPR and the amount of points they have to seemingly try to justify why you think we won't go down but you did not mention the other teams and their current points haul which means we are actually quite close to the relegation zone and have the worst goal difference in the league.