Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

It's ridiculous to say "I think we're down".

We're not **** down it's **** November some people need to get a **** grip.

It don't look good after a third of the season.

In fact it looks **** terrible.

Lambert has not had any effect, we'd have more points under McLeish IMHO and I'm not saying I want him back.

Whilst its looking bad at the moment I firmly believe Randy and Lambert will recognise this and there will be investment in january. Going to be a long season either way though.

I think this will be like Houllier's season. Look good in patches but just not getting the results and end up in and around the relegation zone by the new year. Hopefully with some smart investment in January and more time for the team to click we can move up the table, and this time have some luck and not have the manager get struck down with illness and unable to continue in the job and thus have some continuity for next season.

That said, Lambert's inherited a tougher situation but we do roll over less.

It don't look good after a third of the season.

In fact it looks **** terrible.

Lambert has not had any effect, we'd have more points under McLeish IMHO and I'm not saying I want him back.

Yes, but the season is nowhere near over yet and to say "I think we're down already" when we're in the relegation zone on goal difference and only a third of the way through the season is just **** ridiculous.

Who in earth will come in Jan ?? Equally lambert will be looking to sign more kids or unknown players from Holland. And then they'll be thrown into the lions pit that is a PL dog fight. We have a shite defence and don't create or score

Many. Worst Villa team / set up I can remember.

Who in earth will come in Jan ?? Equally lambert will be looking to sign more kids or unknown players from Holland. And then they'll be thrown into the lions pit that is a PL dog fight. We have a shite defence and don't create or score

I can cheer you up on that score. Many top players will sign for clubs near the bottom of the table just to play in the PL, look at QPR.

Personally I like Lamberts transfer style but I cant deny our midfield remains incredibly lightweight.

Even you should know that being down near the bottom of the table doesn't stop good players from coming in January.

How do you know who Lambert is going to sign? And why does it matter where they're from? Benteke is young and was relatively unknown and came from Belgium yet that hasn't stopped him being one of our best players this season.

He's posted a table on Twitter that shows us in the relegation zone. Very strange that a fan would post that.

Some of us can see we are shit and actions needed. other are blind. upto you to pick which one your in. but with the stick i get for being right i am happy and its feels good being successful at something. happens more than villa wins too.

Lambert has said his policy is youth.

That don't fit good in a relegation dog fight.

Yeah let's bring Heskey back he's got plenty of experience.

Some of us can see we are shit and actions needed. other are blind. upto you to pick which one your in. but with the stick i get for being right i am happy and its feels good being successful at something. happens more than villa wins too.

Everyone can see we're in a bad situation and things need to be done.

Wow, can't believe you're happy that the team you allegedly support is doing poorly just because you think it makes you look right. Pathetic.

probs doesn't even go to VP. Armchair :P

I want to deal with the above post first.

According to you, not attending VP makes people less of a fan than those who do. What about the handicapped villa fan who is simply not able to attend VP due to his or her's illness. What about the unemployed Villa fan who would love to go to VT to support his team but has to support his family instead. What about those Villa fans who live around the world and can't get to VP but do subscribe to cable TV just to see their team play or those that go to the pub with their mates in their Villa shirts to support the team. Are they any less a Villa fan than those that can attend VT just because you describe them as 'armchair.'

I just hope your not the ignorant prat your post depicts?

As far as today's result goes, posters can blame the ref and linesman and they can blame the fact that we were playing Man City. Irrespective of the officialdom, it puts into perspective our cup win against Man City. It also puts into perspective where the club is at the moment. We are in dire trouble.

If we lose against Reading and believe me at the moment that is a very real possibility then Lambert must be sacked. I was concerned when he first arrived that he would turn us into Norwich. He has gone one step worse than that and at exactly the wrong time for our club. We needed stability with Premiership signings and we got instability with lower league and foreign signings who have taken time to become acclimatized and within that time we haven't picked up the points we should have in a fairly easy start to this season. It was quite simply the wrong time to introduce so many less premier experienced players to our team when the players already in our first team have proven over the past two seasons not to be good enough. So what we have now is young players learning to live within the rigours of the Premiership beside players who don't have the qualities to to help them.

Lose our next two games and Lambert must be sacked paving the way for Redknapp to come in and weave his magic before it is too late.

What would you rather have. Redknapp being able to attract the type of player that Lambert couldn't to keep us up, or, Redknapp going to QPR, keeping them up at the expense of our Villa and that in the next two or three games will be a very real choice that our chairman will have to make.

• Like 2