Aston Villa 3-0 West Ham 14th August 2010

R.Bear

Easily one of the best performances of the last 10 years from Villa. Yes it was against a mediocre West Ham team but my goodness, what a match :notworthy:

An amazing start to the season! With all the uncertainty of MON leaving and K-Mac being in charge we had no idea what do expect. And we get blistering attacking football, passing and movement. Totally unrecognisable from the workmanlike (but of course effective) football under MON. Albrighton having a screamer and grabbing two assists. Milner on his last appearance scores a nice goal. Young, Downing and Carew having blinders. The oles from the crowd as we toyed with them for the last 10-15 minutes. I dont actually remember us playing better football in any game since that day. Quality!!

Highlights

Easily one of the best performances of the last 10 years from Villa. Yes it was against a mediocre West Ham team but my goodness, what a match

:shock: Really?!

I actually remember quite a few good performances that season, despite the relegation battle. Certainly more than last season anyway. I guess that's why we finished 9th in the end.

Highlight for me was the 1-0 win over Man City. Bent took his only chance superbly and Stan put in perhaps one of the best performances I've ever seen from him.

I'll never forget the celebrations for Gabby's goal against West Ham. Insane.

Was incredible the fans behind the goal went insane as well, because we were in the thick of it, battling West Ham for relegation.

Hard to believe that squad, less Milner but with Ireland, spent five months of that season in or around the relegation zone serving up gutless tripe on numerous occasions.Spurs at home against 10 men for most of the match, Sunderland at home, Wolves at home, Arsenal at home, Sha at home, Blackburn away, Man City away twice, Liverpool away were as bad as anything I'd seen up until last season. Thank **** both Houllier and McLeish are now nothing more than bad memories.

I'll never forget the celebrations for Gabby's goal against West Ham. Insane.

Different game ?

Yep, when we played them away in April 2011.

I don't even remember Gabby's celebration. In fact I don't even remember anything from when he scored to when the players were getting back into position. That's how much I celebrated. Can't beat last minute winners.

At least that relegation battle was exciting.

Hard to believe that squad, less Milner but with Ireland, spent five months of that season in or around the relegation zone serving up gutless tripe on numerous occasions.Spurs at home against 10 men for most of the match, Sunderland at home, Wolves at home, Arsenal at home, Sha at home, Blackburn away, Man City away twice, Liverpool away were as bad as anything I'd seen up until last season. Thank **** both Houllier and McLeish are now nothing more than bad memories.
Why do you always mention SHA at home? It was a dull 0-0 draw but nowhere near as bad as the Man City or Liverpool away games or the Wolves and Sunderland home games.

Â