North Stand Lower Atmosphere?

Mo-Villa

Hi guys was planning to get tickets to the Everton game next week but was wondering what is the atmosphere in the North Stand Lower R1 block. I have heard they that block, they stands up for most of the game and have great banter with away fans. If this is the case 23quid is a bargain! :winkold:

I guess this would only work if the away team filled their allocation (both Upper and Lower Tier.)

I expect Everton would do this though?

Yeh I would imagine so considering its the there first away game of the season

The atmosphere is pretty good but the stand itself is a bit of a dump with no legroom and tiny toilets plus poor facilities for a beer and pie etc.

What about the view mate got some concerns over that

The atmosphere is pretty good but the stand itself is a bit of a dump with no legroom and tiny toilets plus poor facilities for a beer and pie etc.

It is of the pitch :P

Ask Ron Vlaar, he had a good luck around on Sunday :)

The North Stand was probably the best stand for atmosphere last season, but that was probably due to the Holte feeling like a grave yard for so many games...I blame 'him' for that.

But with all the positivity going around at the moment I reckon the Holte will be the place to be on the 1st home game. Thats where I will be going for.

Its the same as the Holte in that it depends on how high up you sit. If you sit too low you will struggle to see much detail at the far end of the pitch.

The atmosphere does make up for it though, especially against teams like Everton who bring a good away following.

I sat in lower north under Houllier's era. Was always great atmosphere but facilities are poo.

On the flipside, sat in the Holte last season, and it was dead. But I don't expect that it will be the same under PL!

I will always prefer the Holte for atmosphere - but to be fair I have never tried lower north stand :P It's just the atmosphere if we score a goal and I can imagine the holte will be pretty vocal for Lambert for the first home game for sure!

The atmosphere in the lower North is cracking and nobody sits down at all, if however you are a short arse do not sit in the first couple of rows as you are bang on pitch level and apparently it is hard to see the far end especially if you are behind the goal according to may mate, he is 5ft 7 but I dont know what the world looks like down there :lol:

Toilets are rubbish and half time beer and snacks are a right pain in the arse to get as its quite cramped.

Used to have my season ticket there. Wouldn't go to any other part of the ground. I go to the football to watch the football not eat expensive pies and drink shit lager. Yes the toilets aren't great but i've pissed and had a shit in far far worse places. It was also the right side of the ground for me as we parked the car up past Tesco in the school grounds. Great kebab shop up that road too!

I also think it's the best area to sit/stand as you have the away fans close to have some banter with. Didn't renew last season though with him who will not be named was in charge. Sucked the life out of the club for me!

Wouldn't hesitate to renew lower North either.

The Lower North is the only place to be if you want to stand for most of the game, as the ten times I was in the stand last season, not once did the stewards crack down on standing, especially in the back five or six rows in each block. I think much of it is down to the guys they employ to steward down there - not many jobsworths and just blokes who seem like they want to just turn up, watch the crowd (or in many cases, the game) and then go home. For that reason the atmosphere tends to be much better. Also it tends to be easier to get a drink if you time it right, the entrances and exits are less packed which means you can get out fairly quickly and its nearer to the number 7 & 11 bus routes.

The Holte End experience is way over-rated, too many people looking like they've come to watch tennis. Whenever I bring a non-Villa supporting mate to Villa Park we always sit in the lower north.

The North Stand Lower is excellent, purely because of its proximity to the away fans and because you can stand up. The banter with the away fans was the only thing that kept me coming back last season.

Â