General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

Unless we are willing to sell our captain our response is simple, we need to tell them he is not for sale at any price, end of story.

The scallies behaviour has been disgraceful, they do not have enough hubcaps to buy him.

It could be we have reported them we just haven't made it public knowledge.

I really really hope so. If we lose Barry thats that but to be mucked around by another club is unacceptable to say the least. Sometimes silence ISNT the best way to deal with things. :twisted:

Gen

This statement is only said in half jest.

If Gerrard wants to play with Barry SO MUCH - and Barry want to play with Gerrard the same - then why the hell don't we put a firm cash offer in on Monday morning to Liverpool to buy Gerrard !!!

That may ruffle the feathers a bit !!! - lets show the world that we believe we ARE as big as Liverpool - people say "they wouldn't come" - but who would have said Europes best forward (Alan Shearer) would have turned down Man Utd to join Blackburn who had just come up from the 2nd division !! - money talks - and from the outside at least - Randy has the money !!!!

Hi General,

hope all is well with you

1. I personally am annoyed with Liverpool's behaviour regarding Barry but how yourself and Randy are dealing with this is how I expected you to - with integrity. As frustrating as it is for fans awaiting the outcome I am sure that Randy and Martin have done their damnedest to keep him here, it's just a shame that Liverpool can not conduct themselves in the correct manner. I agree with others about IF he goes though that we need to make sure that we get a fair price for him though and not one of their 'rejects!'

2. Just wondering if it would be possible to have a late night at villa village so I can pop in after work, the times I believe are 9-5 weekdays and finishing at half past 5 means I can not get their during work days which is a shame when I usually pass that way, maybe opening later on a Thursday - like the New St shop? I'm sure it is hard to balance as sometimes when I go in there are more staff than people!

3. Do you have any preference about which country wins Euro 2008 (apologies if this has already been answered)?

And I forgot to add.....

IF Gareth does come back on Tuesday and say he wants to leave, I (and I would reckon 100% of Villa fans and the manager !) would back the stance given above , ie: you can leave to any club other than Liverpool.

There has been a precident - 12 months ago and guess who was involved - Rafa !!!. He openly tapped up Gabriel Heinz from Man U to extent that Heinz went on strike (well, kind of a strike considering the season was already over !!) - Man U dug their heals in, Heinz and Liverpool took it to Fifa and lost !! - we should do EXACTLY the same.

If he wants to go to Chelsea or Arsenal - fair play - I won't knock him

But I won't forgive him for walking out to them after this !! (however, I still think he will stay - at least for the remainder of his contract !! - and lets face it - by then, he is nearly 30 and his best days are behind him anyway !.

Re: Barry.

'General' we cannot sell our best players to our closest rivals!

I'm worried about this situation, if Barry goes I would think that we'd struggle to replace him. I know nobody is bigger than the Villa but we'd be losing a quality player; next year I predict Young will be off too as the precedent would have been set.

Villa have been a 'feeder' club for the top teams for too long and unfortunately I cannot see this changing anytime soon. This happens all over the world, for example, in the SPL as soon as another team start to look like challenger's the 'top two' steal their best players, this is precisely why I can not see Villa finishing above the 'top four' for quite some time!

And I forgot to add.....

IF Gareth does come back on Tuesday and say he wants to leave, I (and I would reckon 100% of Villa fans and the manager !) would back the stance given above , ie: you can leave to any club other than Liverpool.

There has been a precident - 12 months ago and guess who was involved - Rafa !!!. He openly tapped up Gabriel Heinz from Man U to extent that Heinz went on strike (well, kind of a strike considering the season was already over !!) - Man U dug their heals in, Heinz and Liverpool took it to Fifa and lost !! - we should do EXACTLY the same.

If he wants to go to Chelsea or Arsenal - fair play - I won't knock him

But I won't forgive him for walking out to them after this !! (however, I still think he will stay - at least for the remainder of his contract !! - and lets face it - by then, he is nearly 30 and his best days are behind him anyway !.

I also agree with parts of this post, namely if Barry goes, anyone but Liverpool.

General,

Id like to reiterate the views of others, if barry wants to leave it should not be to liverpool they are who we are competing against to break into the top 4. id rather us sell to chelsea we wont be able to catch them for many years anyway.

General Krulak here:

1. This is about the 10th time I have said the following...on mulitple sites: You all have seen how Randy and MON and your Club operate. We try to be as professional as we can possibly be. We do not air our dirty laundry for others to see and we do not seek to have other Clubs air theirs. We do not publically whinge or whine...we take issues of import and deal with them professionally and, if possible, out of the media. Those of you who cry for Liverpool's head or their Manager's head or Gerrard's head are NOT going to get that from Randy, MON or your Club. That is NOT how we handle these types of things. I suggest that if you do not agree with the path your Club is following re. the issue, that you start swallowing maalox because we are not going to change the way we feel we should be acting. A truly professional Club acts like a professional Club...even when the going gets a wee bit tough.

Beautifully put general, we dio not nned to lower ourselves to there level. Dont mean to say you couldnt have a "word in benetezs ear" should you bump into him in the toilets at next time we play!!!! :twisted:

I remember the " End of the world" when John Gidman and Andy Gray left in 1979/80. What happened next ? We signed Peter Withe as replacement, and ruled the world for years to come............ :D

i have said it before, and i will say it again, this is more than about losing a player of barrys ability...

the message this sends out to players, be it our own, or to others we are courting, will be that we are a selling club and as soon as a club like manure, liverplop, le arse and cheatski come in for them, we will allow ourselves to be bullied by the media favourite clubs, and then bend over backwards to allow them to leave stating that we wont keep an unhappy player...

well nuts to that, we are bigger than the likes of gareth barry and if we dont want to sell him to a direct rival, then we dont have to sell him to a direct rival... especially if that direct rival is using underhand tactics in an attempt to bully us into selling because they think they are the bigger boys...

if gareth barry wants to leave, then that is his choice, but we dont have to oil the cogs and help him do that to a club that have acted disgustingly towards us and disrespected us to such a degree...

to do so, sets a precedent that will have a knock on effect when these disgusting so called "bigger clubs" come in for players like ashley young, curtis davies, etc...

if plop want to buy him, then we tell them to get **** or tell them a ridiculous fee that they couldnt possibly afford and not budge...

we dont have to help our rivals, and we dont have to send out messages of weakness...

unless we are admitting that we are a small weak selling club...

just read a comment from h&v quoted here regarding what we are doing behind the scenes from the general..

fair enough general, i do hope that we are standing firm, and the proof will be in the final outcome...

General,

I do trust you and the "team" to be standing firm with integrity over this matter and I am pleased that is so.

If however, Barry won't sign a contract, I'd rather keep him here another year - he's professional enough to not throw his handbags out imo, though not sure the same could be said for his avaricous agent. Or if he must be sold, tell him to go overseas or simply "anywhere but liverpool"? Words cannot adequately express how irate their actions have made me, but, without meaning to sound condescending in anyway, I know you're doing the right thing.

General...

Rules are rules, and Liverpool are breaking them. Whatever goes on behind the scenes is fine. But in Public, they are making our club look like Mugs.

You say we have to act like a big club.

Big Clubs do not take the nonsence Liverpool are dishing out. Small clubs do, they just roll over and allow their better players to be sold, and im afraid, the latter looks the case here.

This is in Danger of underminng all the progress Martin has made.

By not standing up for ourselves, we are leaving ourselves open. We are indicating to all and sundry that we are a selling club. What stops Wengar tapping up Young?.

Rules are Rules general, they are in blatently breaking them. Fans are not happy about this, so its not a good idea PR wise, to ignore them!

Do something!!!!!

Guest Ricardomeister

General, I know that at present Barry may stay or he may go. If it turns out that he does go, can you assure us that the transfer fee will be revealed, and not an "undisclosed" fee, which would inevitably lead many fans to assume we have been ripped off? Thanks

UTV SOTC

Hi General,

I understand the club's decisions not to drag the Barry issue out in front of the public, and it shows a level of credibility which I am proud to associate with my club, and I can only trust yourself and Randy in that you are doing something about this tapping up away from the limelight. I think the fans (myself included) are just worried that whilst Liverpool are sinking to dirty tricks and we are taking the high ground, ultimately we will lose out and Barry will be off. I don't think anyone will believe the board did not try their hardest to keep GB here were he to leave, but I think most people would like to believe that we did everything to punish Liverpool for trying to influence this in the media, and with the constant remarks coming from the North West direction, it's getting a little hard.

Hope it gets sorted in the right manner, for the benefit of the club, and you can take a break from all this nonsense.

General,

I noticed that last season the official site had a countdown to the next match which did'nt actually countdown. It only gave the 'static' time to the match from when you logged in. Is there any chance we could have a 'live' countdown like this one used by Warwickshire County Cricket Club? www.edgbaston.com and can this be set up for the start of the season?

Maybe we could have one for when the fixtures are out and then the next match.

In my opinion it is an improvement on what we have.....and it would help me count down to the new season.

Please take time to have a look and see what you think.

Many thanks.