General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

More public piss-taking from Liverpool to report with Steven Gerrard now sticking his oar in and telling Gareth he has to join him at Liverpool so he can play CL football. He says he is desperate for Liverpool to buy Gareth. I take it that our stance of not reporting Liverpool in the first place to the FA and allowing this sort of public tapping up means we are happily negotiating behind the scenes to ensure Stevie G gets his wish? If not why are we lying down and allowing a rival to blatantly take the piss?

If we are not going to fight this then at least have the decency to tell the fans what is going on rather than giving supporters false hope that Barry will stay.

Gen

Good evening.

Haven't posted for a while as there isn't much to say but thought I'd just say I am with you 100% on the whole Barry / Liverpool thing.

Benitez, to everyone has acted like a petulant 5 yr old child who wants his teddy back - the way to deal with these children is ignore them. I can see, the world of football can see, and surely to god, Barry can see what type of man, what type of board and what type of manager he is being courted by. he can also see how well the likes of Randy and especially MON are respected by all in the game - if he wants to leave , there is nothing that will change his mind that he can't see himself.

He is also about to become captain of his country - what the hell more does he want !!. I think the best thing that has happened about this, is the England games, coz - looking from the outside, he may have his best mate coming up to him saying "come and join me , it will be great" - but, he will also have the same mate not having any medals himself, his mate being at the end of his career nearly, his mate wondering whether his midfield partner is about to join Juventus and the star striker going to Chelsea !! - and if that isn't enough, Crouch and Carson saying - I just wanna get away from the place - and Defoe and Capello saying "you have to be playing games to be picked" - and that is something he won't be guarenteed at Liverpool.

Lets wait and see - and let Liverpool be the ones who are humiliated at the end !!!

General, I hope that with every underhand comment that Liverpool or their players make that our resolve to keep our captain away from them gets even stronger. My own view now is that if Gareth does decide that he wants to leave the club that we sell to anyone else in the 'top 4' but them.

Guest Ricardomeister

General, the sheer arrogance and lack of respect shown to Villa by the manager and captain of the only team in England to get English clubs banned from European competition surely deserves a response in the kind of language that these idiots understand.

With your military background would you be able to organise a daring raid on Liverpool FC to steal all their hubcaps? I am sure many Villa fans would gladly enlist for such a mission! :winkold: :lol:

UTV SOTC

Hi General,

I have to say I completely agree with the above posts. I know you discussed media speculation a few days ago, claiming that you couldn't care less about what the papers say, which is exactly how a professional footballer, manager, chairman, etc. should handle themselves. However, this Barrygate saga has gone beyond paper talk now. It's a case of attempting to influence a players decision outside of offering them a formal contract after a bid has been accepted at the club they currently play for. Rafa Benitez is quoted as saying "If your captain wants to leave, its a problem but that's football." Now Steven Gerrard has claimed Barry must be playing Champions League football and should join Liverpool. I understand that these sorts of comments have no influence whatsoever on the club's handling of the transfer, but it certainly affects the player. Gareth is being tapped up, pure and simple. Regardless of whether we accept a bid, quotes such as these are going to eat away at him and consequently unsettle him, and that will gravely affect the club's attempts to hold on to him, and show him that we can offer him what he wants.

This needs to be sorted General, Liverpool need to be shown that these types of comments will not be tolerated, and if there was one club which I think could do such a thing outside of the 'big four', it's us, and it's because of our boardroom.

General Krulak here:

1. This is about the 10th time I have said the following...on mulitple sites: You all have seen how Randy and MON and your Club operate. We try to be as professional as we can possibly be. We do not air our dirty laundry for others to see and we do not seek to have other Clubs air theirs. We do not publically whinge or whine...we take issues of import and deal with them professionally and, if possible, out of the media. Those of you who cry for Liverpool's head or their Manager's head or Gerrard's head are NOT going to get that from Randy, MON or your Club. That is NOT how we handle these types of things. I suggest that if you do not agree with the path your Club is following re. the issue, that you start swallowing maalox because we are not going to change the way we feel we should be acting. A truly professional Club acts like a professional Club...even when the going gets a wee bit tough. :flag:

I understand our club has dignity General but this has gone too far , Tibetan monks have dignity but it doesn't stop them being f**ked by China

We've been done over by Man U before and it has to stop ... if not for Barry then for Ashley Young who a few years down the road we will end up facing the same battle with when Man U or Chelsea come knocking

You've always listened to the fans so report Liverpool & Gerrard to the FA and then whatever Liverpool offer tell them to go away and double it

General Krulak here:

1. This is about the 10th time I have said the following...on mulitple sites: You all have seen how Randy and MON and your Club operate. We try to be as professional as we can possibly be. We do not air our dirty laundry for others to see and we do not seek to have other Clubs air theirs. We do not publically whinge or whine...we take issues of import and deal with them professionally and, if possible, out of the media. Those of you who cry for Liverpool's head or their Manager's head or Gerrard's head are NOT going to get that from Randy, MON or your Club. That is NOT how we handle these types of things. I suggest that if you do not agree with the path your Club is following re. the issue, that you start swallowing maalox because we are not going to change the way we feel we should be acting. A truly professional Club acts like a professional Club...even when the going gets a wee bit tough. :flag:

I can appreciate all this general, it just gets hard sometimes when you see clubs doing stuff like that, we just want them to know were not going to take this lieing down. I am in full support of how randy and MON, you and the board run this club. Its just frustrating at times. We trust in you though general, and know it will all work out in the long run.

Barry has said he won't create a fuss, I suggest if he doesn't want to sign a new contract, he sees out his current one. He won't let us down on the pitch and we have at least two more years of him, by which time we'll be finishing above Liverpool and he will want a new contract. He can earn God like status here enjoyed by only a few players.

General, my faith is with you, Randy, MON and the board that Barry will be wearing the Claret and Blue next season :-)

General Krulak here:

That is fair enough - I don't think people are asking for this to be played out in public.

What they would like is for the club to report Liverpool for tapping up the player.

Because this is what has happened. And if Liverpool get away with it, then they will continue to do this. someone has to stand up to the bullies.

General from day one you and Randy were at one with the pulse of the fans and have acted accordingly but unfortunately on this issue, one that has been called a defining moment, you are well at odds.

JC has made it clearer perhaps, this doesn't necessarily mean open warfare but someone has to stand up and be counted here and I for one would have thought that is exactly what we, sorry, YOU would do :(

General,

If I took my girlfriend to a party and someone tried to chat her up, I'd remain polite and dignified, but I'd be very firm in my intentions. If they came back I'd be a little more direct.

In this instance, Aston Villa look very much like we're nervously looking on and hoping forlornly that our girl comes back to us at the end of the night.

We need to produce some sort of a response to this because at the moment we look very weak.

General,

with regards to your reply on the Liverpool/Gerrard/Barry fiasco id just like to say that if Villa did report the obvious 'tapping' of the club captain, surely it wouldnt count against the professionalism of the club as these rules are in place to prevent this sort of thing occuring and punish those who break it.

If AVFC performed in this manner( which we both know doesnt happen anymore) it would be all over the tabloids and without a doubt a fine would be issued.