General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

general, is there any plans for better information on the reserves and the youth on the official site?

would be nice to have a whole section dedicated to the youngsters, with stats like top scorers, advice on upcoming tournaments, up to date information on tournaments we are competing in such as the hong kong sevens, interviews with the youngsters to prepare them for handling the media, etc...

have to say, i am pretty disappointed in the reporting of the hong kong sevens win, and it would be nice to have really up to date information and news on the youngsters progressing through the ranks...

there are a lot of us who are interested in youth football, and its a shame to say, that the club isnt that forthcoming with information regarding this very important and interesting area of the club...

cheers...

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. MON has put the players up in more than one hotel...and is not wedded to a particular location. When I first started coming to games and would stay at New Hall, the team would be there too. Now they go somewhere else. I am not sure what will happen next fall. Potential signings can stay and do stay at multiple locations.

2. Tours: My best recommendation would be to contact Nicky Keye and see when tours are provided during the summer. The tours will be somewhat shortened because of the work being done in the Trinity and the fact that work is also being done in the dressing rooms.

General krulak here:

3. V111AFC:

a. Nothing at Roswell of importance.

b. Yes, I have been to Area 51 but no aliens.

c. MM was not killed by the government.

d. JFK was killed by Oswald...conspiracy theory is just that...a theory that has been proven to hold no water.

e. Trade Towers: A very sensitive issue for all Americans. I have a good deal of intelligence on this and I can assure you it was brought down by terrorist action to the great loss to the US and UK and other countries who had citizens in the towers.

f. Titanic was built in UK (i think) and therefore could not have been built to sink.

g. Hitler was, indeed, light in the loafers.

Point e aside, it worries me that you know all that!!! If Gerrard, Torres and Ronaldo all sign for Villa in the next 2 weeks, I'll know its true and run away to Cornwall!!!(but you have to guess which Cornwall ;-) )

General Krulak, by all accounts there is huge demand from people wishing to purchase match programmes outside the ground.

Sellers located by Aston Church, on Witton Lane by the Holte steps and the corner of Witton Lane by the unofficial badge seller might be fruitful locations.

Hi General just a query.

On Radio 5 they said the average age of the football is 44 and less and less kids and teenagers are going to the games becuase of cost.

Now at VP I get the impression we have more than the national average for this age group.

Do you have figures to show what % of support falls into each age bracket and how that has changed for us since say 2000 ?

I doubt we have a comparsion against other clubs.

General Krulak here:

1. The new shirt sponsor will be officially announced on the 3rd of June. As soon as it is announced, I will give background info on the decision.

2. We will be working on the official site this summer...we still do not have it where we want it to be. I am a great fan of our Reserve and Youth Teams so I agree we need to do something there.

3. Good question re. age of our fans. I do not know if we have such stats but Nicky reads this site so she will get me the answer if we have it.

4. It is interesting to me where we show up in Nike adverts and stores. I was at Heathrow and we were not in the store there...I called John Greenfield about it. At the same time, I went to the Nike store in Philadelphia and there was a Villa shirt. Amazing. Obviously, we have work to do.

General Krulak here:

1. The new shirt sponsor will be officially announced on the 3rd of June. As soon as it is announced, I will give background info on the decision.

2. We will be working on the official site this summer...we still do not have it where we want it to be. I am a great fan of our Reserve and Youth Teams so I agree we need to do something there.

3. Good question re. age of our fans. I do not know if we have such stats but Nicky reads this site so she will get me the answer if we have it.

4. It is interesting to me where we show up in Nike adverts and stores. I was at Heathrow and we were not in the store there...I called John Greenfield about it. At the same time, I went to the Nike store in Philadelphia and there was a Villa shirt. Amazing. Obviously, we have work to do.

I can confirm that there is an Aston Villa section in NikeTown on Oxford Street in London.

General, is there any truth behind the story in the Guardian suggesting Randy taking up permanent residence at Villa next season to take on a more active role in the day to day running of the club?

General, are there any future plans for launching the clubs own TV channel?.

As youve proberly noticed, the top 4 clubs do have their own. I reckon it would be an ideal medium in making the club a world wide brand. It would also bring with it, the promise of further commercial revenue.

If there are plans to go down this route, how far advanced are they, and what timescale are we looking at?

As youve proberly noticed, the top 4 clubs do have their own. I reckon it would be an ideal medium in making the club a world wide brand. It would also bring with it, the promise of further commercial revenue.

If there are plans to go down this route, how far advanced are they, and what timescale are we looking at?

I know it's been discussed before General, but I would second this. I live about 100 miles from Villa Park and although I am keen to purchase a Season Ticket for next year and onwards, our own TV channel would allow the broadcast of live reserve and youth games which would be a great way to keep in touch with the future and squad players we have.

I bought my home shirt in Oxford Street, and away in Miami. Also there was plenty in Ireland, looking forward to new one, wonder who I'll have on the back...HENRY! and if we do I will print the exclaimation mark too. Kepp up good work, I can smell a signing

I know it's been discussed before General, but I would second this. I live about 100 miles from Villa Park and although I am keen to purchase a Season Ticket for next year and onwards, our own TV channel would allow the broadcast of live reserve and youth games which would be a great way to keep in touch with the future and squad players we have.

I too have been hoping for our own channel for a long time, please make it happen!

4. It is interesting to me where we show up in Nike adverts and stores. I was at Heathrow and we were not in the store there...I called John Greenfield about it. At the same time, I went to the Nike store in Philadelphia and there was a Villa shirt. Amazing. Obviously, we have work to do

i can tell you that the nike store in standstead airport has most Nike shirts but not ours

General Krulak here:

1. We certainly recognize the distribution issue for our shirts, etc. Bob Kain and others are working on this right now.

2. Randy and I have talked about TV several times. We are not sure that now is the time for starting a TV station for Villa. I think we believe we have more important "needs" for money right now....but that does not mean that we won't look at it in the future.