General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

You mentioned how great it was to see Ollie soluting the ground as he left the pitch. This has definitely assured him the legendary status he deserves at Villa. As such I would love to see the club give him the send off he deserves. I know the fans are doing lots of stuff themselves for the Wigan game but is there a chance that the club could perhaps put colour coded cards on the seats in the holte end so that when Ollie comes out the Holte End turns into one giant Swedish flag. This would be awesome and it would be great if we kept it a secret from him. I would love to see his reaction to this!

Thanks again General!!

I absolutely agree with this idea General.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first post in this thread.

General

The happenings over the last 2 seasons have given us back the club that we were all so proud of. Thank you and everyone else accociated with the club for that.

Sunday's result was a cherry on top of the cake for us!

It feels great to be a Villa fan again. 2 years ago I thought days like this were gone for good!

^ Everyone was ripping in to Blose for making one about their victories over us, it would be too small time IMO.

General, I heard a rumour on here about the Wigan game & Olly Mellberg, I don't want to say what it is as it might spoil it, but if you are considering doing something for him then I think it would be a great idea!

Are the club having a dvd of our win over Small Heath made? You'll sell thousands!!!!!

nar lets not copy them lot, but general id suggest extended highlights of both the wins against them to be put on the season review Dvd?

just to add what everyone else is saying general, you randy and the board, management, players, staff, everybody at the club is doing a great job. This is the happiest ive been as a villa fan in the 14 seasons of been a season ticket holder. Keep up the good work :flag:

Nothing to add to all the other votes of confidence General, just this:

If you think Villa Park was rocking at your first "derby" game, you should start looking forward to European football. Let's qualify for UEFA this season and Champions' League next season. Floodlit European nights at VP are something else again.

Let's roll.

thankyou so much general and randy of course for giving us the passion back in our club.Since the takeover weve seen so much improvement on and off the pitch that you have to pinch yourself sometimes to prove its all real,also general when you talk about our club the villa on here you say (your club)well i think we all know you mean our club so dont be shy you start saying our club because your as much a villa fan as anyone i know thankyou again and again!!!

General Krulak here:

1. Thank you all for the kind words...but they all belong to Randy. Although in the background, it is Randy that has done so much...he and our great Manager, Martin "hands ball" O'Neill.

2. Re. Gareth Barry: Obviously we are keen to keep our Captain...he is a superb leader, a great player and a terrific role model for our kids. We will do all in our power to keep him...I can promise you that. At the same time, he plays a huge part in this equation. At the end of the day, he needs to want to stay. The very worst thing we could do would be to try and hold on to a player who wants to leave. I hope that we can show him that his future is, in fact, at the Villa. We will work hard to do just that.

3. Ronk_Villa: Welcome to the thread!

4. Minute of silence: Obviously we will not do anything that is not in accord with the family. This was truly tragic and we all feel for the family...but we should try to not get ahead of their wishes.

Hi General, congrats to Kevin Macdonald and the rest of the reserve coaching staff winning the reserve league, with a number of U-18's in it a bright future indeed

Just wondered but we play Liverpool in a reserve playoff away but any chance of a live screening say in the Holte Suite or Pub ?

General a carpark question if I may.

The carpark behind the leisure centre / church, are there any plans to improve that? I ask because the walk from it is not pleasant with rubbish all over the place and the derelict pub there so are there any plans

Hi General,

Glad you enjoyed the game as much as the rest of us, your story sent a shiver down my spine. Keep up the good work.

Just to add to the Swedish flag idea, I think I'm right in saying that it's the first day for the giant Villa flag in the Holte so how about giving it to a section of the Doug Ellis stand, not the away fans obviously (not that Wigan will bring many), just the rest, so long as its full of course, or it would look ridiculous.

Thanks again for Sunday, it was fantastic. Keeping up the average of 5 goals a game would be just what the doctor ordered!

After following the Villa for nearly 40 years I can honestly say I have never felt as satisfied to be a Villa fan. I sat on the Holte with my two sons when that 5th goal went in and we all said, this is the most perfect day we have ever shared!

What MON and Randy have done for Aston Villa brings a tear to my eye, the thought that the men in charge of our great club seem to have the same goals as the rest of the fans, seems almost unreal! Thanks General for taking the time to communicate with us the fans.

Hi, general.

Just wanted to say that I've come back to Sweden from my greatest weekend ever and it's because of you lot that I got to experience it. It was amazing. Thank you so much. I'm in heaven atm.

Pelle

General, I mentioned this in my match report from Derby away. Derby at half time allowed supporters to exit the ground by the away end. There they could buy food from stalls (like the baked potato stall that was removed from the lower Holte concourse) and those who wanted could have a smoke.

It was very civilised, and well ordered, and I feel that it would not be such a bad thing at all to happen at Villa - extra (mobile) stalls for hot food could be on the car park, and so more food could be sold, more people get fed and so on.

Obviously for some games, it might not be a good idea, but for most, I think it would be very welcome. A bit of fresh air, there's already TV screens out there...

Rich, that is the land that has been sold off to BCSL and thus they will be developing it with I believe few if any car park spaces

Still an "official" car park Ian so there must be some plans. Thats my question really