General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Tubby: Browns at Villa Park....I do not see that happening. The expense of bringing the entire team over, setting up Bodymoor for training, etc. etc. would be too much. Something as simple as the weight room...NFL players utilize free weights...so we'd have to get those in. Team size is much larger than football so the facilities would need to be expanded...dressing rooms, physios, etc. Re. friend to the Blues game....my sense is that you will not need to do anything to enhance his experience.

Cheers for the response General. I thought it may have been a little far-fetched to get the Browns over for training, but the nonetheless it would have been an amazing experience. What about the possibility of bringing a few of the staff/players over to watch Villa play? Failing that I'm guessing it will be cheeper for me to visit Cleveland myself!

I knew it was a cheeky longshot for some treatment for my mate, maybe if he was coming over with another 20 people we would have got somewhere.... I've no doubt he will be in awe of the 3-0 Villa win regardless.

Cheers General,

Jon

Just like to say great work by the board i see a lot of the changes due to my voluntary work at villa park, and i am very proud about villa's work in teh community.

Just a few points mainly around the Holte Suite

It's a great place to go and the price justify's the service their, however it is quite annoiyng that the two big screens in the main room never seem to be working at the same time and when the do the contrst is very bad, and as the big screen is a big reason wh ya lot of people go and pay money before the game i feel that it needs to be improved, so hopefully you have some plans for that.

General, just to let you know how my first ever trip to Villa went. It was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After you kindly replied to my post which told me to contact Lee Preece I did so on Thursday evening only to be met with his voicemail. I decided a trip around Villa Park wasnt to be so set off only to get a phone call once I touched down in Birmingham airport. It was Lee. He agreed a time for my wife and I to meet him at Villa Park...... with a camera in my pocket of course.

He met me at the exact time, was more than friendly and went out of his way to show me around ever corner of the stadium. I couldnt thank him enough.

So a big thanks to you for the info and the next time you see Lee can you please pass word that he simply made my weekend a great memory which I'll never forget, oh and the result wasnt bad either.Haha.

Can't wait to return!! :)

P.S He told me that if Villa won 4:0 he would bring me back himself as I could be a lucky mascot, 4:1 isnt far off if you ask me ;)

General, just seen that Birmingham City have released a rather pathetic 'We beat the Villa' DVD showing a few of their wins over us.

Can you assure me that regardless of how many times we beat them, even if we do the double on them this season and relegate them that we won't release a DVD about beating them please?? It's very small time and they really don't mean that much.

We already did it when we did the double over them before.

As you put it very small time, but i think we would be above that under the current regime

Ours was an end of season DVD which covered games against SHA and WBA. A bit of a difference from SHA's effort, but you still have a point.

General Krulak here:

1. I have not read anything about Gary Cahill. My lips are sealed.

2. VillaNI: I am very happy that things worked out so well. Lee is a fine man and represents our Club in a magnificent manner.

3. Holte TV's....let me see if I can sort it.

General,

A lot of people walk through aston park to get to the ground, including myself. Its a nice walk, but in order to get to villa park you have to absail down a big grass embankment. Could i ask that putting some steps in is considered in the development of villa park.

PS: You are a hero for reading and posting on here every day, thanks for your ongoing efforts.

General,

A lot of people walk through aston park to get to the ground, including myself. Its a nice walk, but in order to get to villa park you have to absail down a big grass embankment. Could i ask that putting some steps in is considered in the development of villa park.

PS: You are a hero for reading and posting on here every day, thanks for your ongoing efforts.

I second Shillzz post script. If General Krulak had been a Russian, like General Zhukov he would have been awarded the Hero of the Soviet Union award four times just for having the patience of listening and responding to us feisty Villans on an almost daily basis.

General Krulak brings to mind a famous quote from Zhukov as follows

"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there."

I cannot speak for anybody else on this board but I appreciate the Villa's famous General . I cannot now imagine how we as fans would have coped without his valuable insight provided for and on behalf of Aston Villa and Mr Lerner. Aston Villa should mint its own Hero of Labour Award and present the first one to General Krulak .

Hi General,

I haven't had much to say in awhile, but I am reading all posts as are you!!! I personally think the overseas thing won't happen, well not for a few years after 2011 anyway, to many objections by FIFA not to mention the fans, as we can see. I for one agree they should not move from England. A totally unfair proposal that may work to our advantage, but very well may be to our major disadvantage, not worth it at all.

I am Irish and Living in Cayman Islands so I don't get to see Villa at Villa park but I have seen all but two games this year, Villa are looking very good, as we know.

You guys are doing a fantastic job and the FAN in that is down to you.

In my opinion only two bad results this year, Fulham and drawing at Spurs.

Anyway a question, as I am stranded here in the Caribbean I was wondering if you are doing a US tour this year, if so I am gathering you will play in Ohio, and may I ask if you could come south of the US rather than north (I know you may not make it to Cayman!!)so I may get a chance to get to the game!

Thank you

Cheers

Keep it up.

General

Just wondering if there is a timetable for us to release news of next seasons sponsors and shirt we are obviously tied into Nike alot earlier than last year so will this mean that the new kit will be available alot sooner?

Has Richard FitzGerald's deprture affected the new sponsor deal being sorted?

General, just seen that Birmingham City have released a rather pathetic 'We beat the Villa' DVD showing a few of their wins over us.

Can you assure me that regardless of how many times we beat them, even if we do the double on them this season and relegate them that we won't release a DVD about beating them please?? It's very small time and they really don't mean that much.

Some people may want to buy such a dvd especially those of us who refuse to record the matches live because we don't want to jinx it.

General Krulak here:

1. First off, thank you for some of the kind remarks...I showed them to Mrs "K" and got me a break from her concerns over my time on the site.

2. I don't think there have been any decisions made about a tour this summer. Last summers tour was a success...lots of attention in the states.

3. Shirt sponsor. You are correct, we will be getting a decision early so that Nike has the time to produce our kit. I obviously cannot divulge any specifics re. a sponsor...that would not be correct to do. Just know that you will find out sooner than later.

General

May I take the opportunity to congratulate the Villa on having the trophies photo shoot.

Now proud owner of a fantastic photo of me and the boy, chuffed.

Also popped in the Holte for lunch and must congratulate you and the staff on the excellent food on offer and how friendly the staff were.

Excellent.

General.

Very annoyed with the outcome of the FA's decision on the joey barton punch on maloney.

The man should be locked up and never play football again could people please try to keep comments relevant to something the General might be involved in or able to do something about, please. The post is unaltered, because we don't censor them, but it's not really Gen. K's realm, this. 2 follow up completely "off-topic" posts deleted. Thanks. Blandy

3. Shirt sponsor. You are correct, we will be getting a decision early so that Nike has the time to produce our kit. I obviously cannot divulge any specifics re. a sponsor...that would not be correct to do. Just know that you will find out sooner than later.

probably by a member of a warehouse staff General !!!

General,

I'd just like to say that Randy's comments regarding Prem games being played abroad meant alot to us Villa fans. Even fans of other clubs i'm sure.

If you could pass on my thanks and full support regarding this, as i'm sure is the opinion of many more Villa fans.