General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hi General - You may have been asked this before. apologies if you have, but is there any plans to change the PA system in the Holte??

Asked on numerous occasions and answered.

yes they are changing the PA system

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General

Great performance today by the lads - was very pleased with the result!

It's my first time on this thread so would just like to congratulate you and the rest of the board for the great work.

One thing, however, that is a bit annoying is the errors that are being made by the club on our attendances. Firstly, at home to Derby this season our attendance was reported on the official site as 47k and then amended to 40k the following week. The attendance for the Reading game today was announced as 38k (which looked correct) but has been reported on the official site as 32k (and therefore bbc/sky sports are publishing the lower figure)

I am just curious how for the second time in just over 2 months this can happen? (it is a bit embarassing for the club)

Very small point though but an easy one to correct hopefully.

Anyway brilliant game and up the villa! :flag:

2. Solid game today. It was a game we should have won and we did win. Now, all we need to do is keep focused, keep doing what we need to do...keep fighting for 90 minutes everycgame and we will be fine.

Not sure if you've noticed this General, but someone on here pointed out the other day that as of today (12th January), we've already won as many games as last season. Now if that isn't a sign of progress I don't know what is.

General Krulak here:

1. There is no truth to the rumor that the away fans will be moved. I have checked with people at Villa and with Randy...no knowledge of such a move.

2. Solid game today. It was a game we should have won and we did win. Now, all we need to do is keep focused, keep doing what we need to do...keep fighting for 90 minutes everycgame and we will be fine.

3. I hope many of you read the interview with Big John Carew. It shows a side of Carew and the Club that is important. Yes, you need class play on the pitch but we also need class play in the community. If we are going to be a force in English football, we need to display class across the board.

General,

on point 3, I think you make the most important point that relates to Villa in the modern era. There is an inherent assumption amongst those in a position of power and responsibility within the Villa community that their actions and behaviour has a bearing on those with whom they work. There is a unanimity of purpose rather than a conformity of action.

The club's idiosyncratic reaction to the Blackburn ticketing problem exemplified that and I would just hope that it is not something which is relied upon too much in the future.

Great staff and their great response(s) should not be relied upon to get the club out of the infrequent holes into which it occasionally gets.

On Jon Carew, there is something in the man which I have not seen in him before. An aspect of paternalism and a pastoral nature that is uncommon in players and which I think will only benefit the club hugely.

It is not often that players in the modern game celebrate their own goalscoring prowess by pointing out the name on the back of the shirt of another player.

Class will always win out. And I am very much taken by the emphasis on class by those directing our club.

Thank you and keep it up, General, as always.

Hi General, I'm an exiled Villa fan now in sunny Melbourne, Australia. I am in the process of setting up my own football coaching company and would love to speak to someone at the club about possible links. I was living in Yorkshire before I emigrated and worked for Leeds United for 7 years and still have links there but would obviously prefer to push any talented youngsters out here to B6.

Hi General, I would just like to follow up on the attendance mix up as it shows us as having only 32k on most sites when it was announced 38k in the ground.

Many Thanks for the time and work you put in on the site.

General I must say thank you I got the information about the bricks :-) though he delegated to someone who delegated to someone else.

Just wanted to say (In case I hadn't before) that Randy's take over has worked wonders and after reading the Carew article I am thoroughly impressed by the work done by Villa players; I work with kids and my best friend works for Give Kids the world, these moments before a child dies can make such a difference and bring a huge smile to their faces, I dont know who started this partnership with the charity but please thank them for me :-)

Question about the Browns, if you could magically make 2 players appear on their roster for next season who would they be (Money and circumstances aside). Just a random question as im new to American Football

Hi General...

I just wanted to thank the club as a whole. Yesterday morning I upgraded my ticket for a one off. From the North Stand Upper, to the Holte End Upper. Even thou the Holte End is more expensive, they did this at no extra charge (as long as it isn't to often).

And to top it all of, it was a good performance and me and my mate really enjoyed ourselves.

Again...many thanks!!

General Krulak here:

1. "snowy": I am not exactly sure what you are trying to tell me in your post...sorry.

2. According to Nicky Keye, attendence was 38,000+.

3. If I were picking players for the Browns, I would pick Tom Brady and Asante Samuels.

General as long as the attendance is correct when we work out our average then it shouldn`t matter too much, it is printed in all the papers as 32K aswell. I`m not sure who releases the information but they may have made a mistake. Mind you knowing how the papers et al are, they probably just copied one of the others who read the wrong figure. If they went to the game they would have seen and heard the attenance.

It shows how the fans take more interest in the club nowadays as they are concerned about our attendances and how others percieve us.

Thanks for all you are doing, you have given us our pride back

Dan.

General

Will the club be putting a correction page re yesterday's attendance on the official site, and be changing it in the match report?

We're very keen to break 40k average this year, and this is going to put a dent in it if people use this 32288 figure. The BBC are showing it in their average attendance screen, as are football365

A correction on avfc.co.uk and perhaps a couple of mails to the aforementioned two sites would be nice - we're bothered about this kind of thing now!

Hi General,

Irish Villa fan here, I was just wondering if you knew if the Marketing people at Villa park had any plans to target the Irish market, Sunderland have exploited it very well since Keane took over facilitating Irish fans in making trips to Home games. I remember going to see Villa play in a tourament in Dublin during O'Leary's time in charge they played leeds in it, it was during pre-season, a game or two in Ireland during pre-season is a great way of attracting new fans.

Its just I know that Villa have a huge following in Ireland and with the Celtic Tiger the Irish have a lot of disposable income and I know Sunderland are targeting that and gets plane and bus loads over each weekend, with cheap Ryanair flight's into Birmingham Villa Park is very accessible and I think with a bit of intuitive marketing Villa could build a strong fan base here.

General Krulak here:

1. How far we have come!!!!!!!! Comment after comment re. the attendance. As I have said more than once, the attendance was 38,000+! We will try to correct the "beeb" and others who got it wrong but what is to worry...the end results of attendance in the Premiership will have it right. We cannot always get the media to "get it right"...we give them the numbers but they transpose or mistype a number. This too shall pass.

Gen

Well another 7 days and all is wonderful in the world again. Before I get onto my post, can I suggest you find a film called "Fever Pitch" and watch it. It's a british comedy with Colin Firth about life as an Arsenal fan when they woon the league at Anfield in the last minute of the season (they had to win 2-0 and they scored the 2nd in the 90th minute) - its absolutely superb and is absolutely spot on about what us footy fans go through ! (it also has the line I use all the time, excuse the language "Is football shit because life is shit - or is it the other way round".

Anway , great day yesterday - one really impressive thing I wanted to say thanks for - the back of the holte - a new jacket potato stand with quite reasonable prices. Gives much more choice. Me and my daughter are Veggie, so we rarely eat around the ground, so I will be using this. Cheers

Also, would you mind me Private mailing you about my sons birthday - I mentioned it to you a few months ago and you said reming me about it at the time.

General, I thought that I would let you know that I had a balti pie before yesterdays games from the Kiosk next to Ramseys in the Holte and I have really been struggling in the toilet department since about 8:30 last night. My friend who also bought one is struggling a little less from his but I thought I would give you a heads up on it incase there have been more cases.

Gen

Dont care what it was put at , as long as its all OK in the end.

However, on the subject of the attendance. If it was 38k, then obviously virtually all of the empty seats were the upper tier of the away area that Reading didn't use.

Can we sell these to Villa fans (or even give them to local kids). In one way I would have thought not for safety as Villa would be above reading, but, then again, Man U fans were above Villa in the FA Cup in the North - so maybe not.

Can you clarify.

Also, on that point, and more for when the ground is redeveloped. About 15 yrs ago, at Goodison Park, the away fans were located in a collosal end and the noise us away fans made was fantastic, most old enough on here still comment on the atmosphere at Everton in 1990. Then, Everton had a brain wave and split the away fans up, half on either of the sides - from that point it was impossible to get any kind of good atmosphere going as an away fan as there wasn't enough fans in one section to get it going, the home fans around just drowned you out.

Consider this when we do ours.

Cheers

Gen

Have the club got any ideas for the last home game of the season.

Last year was the 82' parade and it was a great success!

It would be nice to have say one or two villan legends making an appearance before the game. I'm thinking Paul Mcgrath and someone like Ian Taylor.

I wouldnt expect a massive celebration or anything on the scale of last season... maybe invite them as special guest's and have them come out before kick off.

Also, I think it would be fanastic if we could give Mellberg (IF he leaves in the summer) a send off before the match. Mellberg has stuck with the club though thick and thin and without the likes of him and Barry, we might have been relegated :(

Hopefully he stays... if not... the good majority of villans will want to give him a massive send off!

:D