General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Thanks General for your reply, although I 99% trust what is going on - you must understand supporters concerns when both R.Fitz and yourself have stated that one major point in our quest this forthcoming season is the fact that MON will have a full pre-season with the new players - yet we are now only 3 days away from the start of pre-season, only three weeks before we fly out to america, and we are currently minus 5 players on last years squad. I do believe honestly that something must be going on - but would just like a bit of re-assurance.

On a different issue, smoking. I am concerned about this, over the past two seasons a group not far from where I sit have smoked cannabis - in front of stewards without being challenged , so I can't see them challenging tabacco !!, but, this law is different as if you (talking the club here) allow / let people smoke without challenging then the club will be liable to a fine / and even closure (although I can never see that happening.

Therefore, are the stewards going to take a better stance / or , probably the better option, can the club work with B'ham City Council in order to "loan" an enforcement officer for the stadium on match days.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General ,

Just wondered on the corporate side what the percentage take up is on the boxes it was down for a few seasons but at 16 to 30 oddk per box depending on where you are it all helps . Last time I spoke with the commercial team they were saying the interest was unprecedented ?

Are there any plans to make the upper tier gallery boxes in the Doug Ellis stand into corporate boxes ?

general krulak here;:

1. look, i am not going to say anything about players...it just would not be right. we have a manager (mon) and we have an owner (randy lerner) who understand as well as anyone on this site what needs to be done to make AVFC a consistent winner. they will do what needs to be done...in their timing and in "their way." we can either get frustrated, get angry, or just let them do what they need to do. nothing that is printed or said on this site is going to change the way these two men operate...they MUST approach this issue in the way they feel is most effective.

2. as i have mentioned before, the issue of the smoking ban is getting massive attention from the club. we know that enforcement is going to be difficult and that is why we are spending so much time on training and education of the stewards.

3. corporate take up is high! no plans at present re.upper tier boxes.

4. we have all been back and forth during the past month or so. randy will be in the uk tomorrow.

hey general, firstly i would like to offer my thanks for taking time out and chatting to us coolcats! haha.

so tell me, are you enjoying being at the club, its a pretty different side of life than the army huh? one thing i must ask, are you any good at footy yourself, had a kick around with any of the players? :D

The general has said he won't comment on transfer dealings, and we have asked formembers to refrain from asking the same questions over and over again.

I disagree with Simon all Villa fans are the same, we love this club.

I disagree with Simon all Villa fans are the same, we love this club.

Try reading what i wrote - "vocal minority" i believe is how i termed it.

So do you think MON, Randy and the General have been lying to us all along? Have you not learned from January? Do you really think we're not gonna bring in some quality players this summer transfer window? A window which, i might remind you, still has two months to run. Hmm?

Have some faith for Christ sake. We're not dealing with Arkwright Ellis and David "Me, Myself and I" O'Leary anymore. We now have professional, dynamic and ambitious people running the club and we should be damn grateful for it.

We've been getting rid of the dead wood this summer - a process which is a lot quicker and less complex than tying up deals for their superior replacements.

Some people need to cut loose from the neg-head bullshit attitude we became accustomed to under the previous regime.

The Aston Villa of 2007 couldn't be more different or in better hands.

General - Why the hell do we have to wait for Lerner to fly back to the UK before we make a signing? Crazy:

From teh Express And Star:

Villa owner-chairman Randy Lerner is jetting into England to oversee one and possibly two arrivals at the club in the next few days. He will rubber-stamp the arrival of Nigel Reo-Coker from West Ham as O’Neill attempts to bring a flurry of transfer activity to a conclusion.

general krulak here:

1. randy is NOT flying over to make announcements re. players. he has business with his Club and in London. as i have said many times over, richard fitzgerald does not work the player deals...mon and randy do. if any announcements are made, it is NOT because randy has arrived on the scene. he was not on the scene when we made our deals this winter. we all need to realize that we have a professional businessman in charge and a manager who is experienced...and let them do their jobs. we must not jump to conclusions everytime randy decides to fly somewhere or martin decides to visit manchester or london. we need to let them do their jobs.

Isbo, massdebate and anyone else who got involved in this little spat may I remind you that this thread is soley for questions to the general, not argumnets, discussions or anything else.

This is a warning that us moderators seem to be needing to post way too many times over the last couple of weeks so can people please take heed of this as cards will be handed out if people persist in taking this thread off topic.

Hi general. Just wondering about John's earlier question - which is something that worries me too That is , security at the ground. With the new terrorist alert, you just can't feel safe. Personally, I never mind my bag being searched - at away games, we nearly always get frisked and our bags checked but at home games, generally nothing - now I guess us Villa fans are trustworthy in the main but I would feel a heck of a lot safer if we could step up our security. Any plans to do so General ?

General

On Non Match days if you want to visit the Holte Pub will the car park at the back of the Holte End be open to park our cars on whilst we are in the Pub?

Only dont fancy leaving my car in a side street by the ground

Thanks

Sids Nose

General is the long term plan to make the Holte pub self sufficant?as you are well aware it lay in near ruins for many years so obviously nobody ever thought it was worth re-opening as a profit making venture.

I can't see it having much trade as a pub during the week as pubs in the area tend to be closing down rather than re-opening.I just wondered if it is anticipated that Villa would have to subsidise the running of the place or do you think it could eventualy pay for itself?

Thanks in advance

general krulak here:

1. Obviously, security of our Fans and Players is critical!! The Security Manager is tied into the same intelligence provided to the Constabulary so we should know when the security level is raised...and if we, as a Facility, can be considered a target. Likewise, Randy and I have access to other security information that will allow us to reinforce security when required. Perhaps the most important security measure available is the awareness of the Fans at Villa Park...just like it is in London, around the UK and in the US. Most plots are foiled because an individual sees something out of the ordinary and reports it. We need that happening at Villa Park.

2. Randy did not open the Holte Hotel because he thought he would make loads of money. He opened it to show the Fans and the Community that he was sincere about restoring the ethos and traditions of this great Club. How often during the week the Holte is open and what the hours will be are still to be determined. Our sense is that we will have to subsidise the running of it. Parking will be available on the grounds.