General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hi General,

Is there any way you could find out for us how many season tickets have been sold to date? It'd be great to see how many we sell at different stages before the transfer window closes, and how it compares to previous years.

Thanks

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General in response to the above posts about match day experience I present you with the Aston Garden:

I think we have a great spot in the Holte End carpark for pre-game festivities. We could potentially extend the Holte Suite bar outside setting up a couple of long bars. And have a number of grilling stations serving fresh hot grilled food. The club could then have a few merchandise markees in essance an extension of the Villa Village, pop in some live music plenty of seating - picnic tables etc, and we would have another fantastic gathering place for the hours leading up to kickoff. Have the area closed off and only accessable to ticket holders and it would become an extension of the stadium surely bypassing any policing and licencing restrictions. The downside is obviously a loss of 148 parking spaces. However if we can add to the attraction of a full day out and give the fans a place to enjoy a beverage or two then less fans will be inclined to drive to the game since legally they wouldn't be able to drive home. As an extension to the Holte hotel it would not only add to the match day experience but be a nice extra source of income for the club, that is if the food and drink is reasonably priced to beat out any competition in the area. Of course it would be a little less enticing during bad weather but I hear they have made some great technological breakthroughs in recent years when it comes to temporary shelters and outdoor heating :)

The club could hire a few entertainers jugglers, street magicians and of course Hercules to keep kids occupied and maybe a couple of TV tents to show other games in progress (if any) Essentially we would have a kick ass beer garden and the unique envy of every club in the land.

With regards to the garden name I say we remove the rough asphalt/tarmac surface and replace it with more pleasing decorsuch as astroturf for the grassy experience (could also double as a five aside pitch on non-matchdays) and stick down some nice flowers transplant trees etc, as a mini pleasure ground - in minor tribute to Henry Quilter's Aston Lower Grounds which once occupied the spot.

What's more if done right, needless to say you guys would never do it any other way, the location could become an attraction in itself, during the long summer months when people love nothing more than to enjoy cool drinks, hot food and good company, under the bright blue sky and surrounded by beautiful historic scenery.

Hi General,

1.We have been told the Nike kits are out end of July/ beginning of August. Is this when they will be going on sale or will we get to see images of the kits before this? If so, can you tell us when these images will be released?

2.Do you know when the re branding/upgrades of Villa Park will take place? Will all the new crests/ new screens/ digital hoardings etc be in place for the Inter Milan friendly?

3.For a bit of fun, IF you have time, could you let us know what your starting 11 dream team, dead or alive would be?

Hi General,

1.We have been told the Nike kits are out end of July/ beginning of August. Is this when they will be going on sale or will we get to see images of the kits before this? If so, can you tell us when these images will be released?

I believe the launch to the media is July1st/2nd and the kits go on sale August 1st, or that's what the radio said over the weekend anyway!

General

Can i be the first to commend the club again on the price of tickets in the lower north stand. To have tickets at such reasonable prices will guarantee a packed Villa goal behind both ends at Villa Park - something many of us have never seen. It will be superb and i believe, be more of an advantage psycoligically to the team.

Cheers

Hi Genaral;

2 things for me.

1. On Thursday the fixture list will be coming out. The derby game against Blues has for the last 3 season they have been in the premiership been changed to a midday kick off or earlier. This was due to the 2 games played on a Monday night (8pm KO) where there were crowd trouble. We all knew at the time an 8pm KO was ludicrous, but they went from 1 extreme to another. I wonder what the chances are for a Saturday or Sunday 2-3pm KO. There has been little or no trouble in the last 3 seasons, i think we and the other lot, deserve a chance to prove we are not children.

2. The new home or away kit will not be available for my holiday, i was just wondering when the new Nike stock(i.e. polo shits etc) will be available?

Thanks very much for your time.

Gary.

would say to your 1st point Gary that the KO times are totally out of the clubs hands, I understand it is the police who dictate this

some posts deleted. fine in themselves, but they didn't add anything new - just agreeing with other posters, or "chatting"...whatever. Keeping the thread manageable. Sorry if yours was one of them, but all the points raised are covered already. ta. blandy

General,

There's a fair degree of interest in how season ticket sales are going. Is it possible for you to find out what number have been sold, or maybe let Mr Creswell or one of our other responsible members* have contact details for Nicola Keye so that they can ask ?

*(They're the people listed on the left, under the heading moderators. I am reliably informed that they are all responsible individuals)

Thank you,

OBE

Also, there's still a lot of bare wall space in the Trinity Road Stand.

This site is full of layabout designers with time on their hands, and enthusiastic amateurs willing to chance their arm, How about giving us a space and letting us design and produce a mural ?

It would liven things up a bit around those stairwells, and give us something to do this summer other than witter on about potential transfer targets !

:idea:

General Krulak here:

1. Nicky Keye should have the season ticket sales data to me tomorrow.

2. Who do I want for our 1st Game.....I would want us to draw a team that will put us to the test. I'd like to see, early on, how we look.

3. Our game against the Blues will be a time/day picked by League...we really don't have much of a say on the subject. I do know that there remains a concern about "conduct" before, during and after game. We just need to ensure that we represent our Club in a professional manner.

4. Answer on kit was accurate....they will previewed early July and on sale at end of July/early August.

5. Re-branding is ongoing. Not sure it will be totally completed by Inter game.

6. When we make Cup Finals, ticket allocation will be disseminated. Not sure a plan has been formulated at this point.

Howdy General K, have a cheeky request but apologise if this has already been asked and responded to....

Would it be possible for Season ticket holders to get free access to Villa World on the AVFC.CO.UK website, whilst they have are season ticket holders?

General Krulak here:

1. I will be getting all the info on S-T sales today and will post.

2. North Stand Lower tickets will go on sale Monday 18th for S-T holders...500 will go on sale at 200 pounds per adult, 50 pounds for under 16. Villa Value customers will go on sale Friday, 22nd, another 500. General sale on 25th. Total number of tickets available will be 1500.

General Krulak here:

Season Ticket sales to date: 15,636 vs. 6673 at same time last year. 2525 are brand new folks who are getting tickets for 1st time.

Great News General and maybe worthy of a "press release"?

When the dust has settled is the data from the ST's and other sales analysed to see where outside of the obvious locations of the West Midlands we are pulling the support base from?

Its been a real issue for me living a mere 80 odd miles away from VP to get any merchandise for the family . Ironically that a certain Gary Cahill comes from the place where we live now too.

Will Villa marketing be spreading its wings?

General Krulak here:

Season Ticket sales to date: 15,636 vs. 6673 at same time last year. 2525 are brand new folks who are getting tickets for 1st time.

Congrats General! That is a very very good number...15.636! Wow!

What was, or is, your calculation for coming season?