General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

I guess the most famous member scheme is that of F.C. Barcelona, General. I believe it's also quite popular in Germany.

Quite a nice way for fans to feel involved without necessarily buying a season ticket (and from a business POV, increased revenue from those not buying ST).

It also sometimes allows for "member voting" - whilst we don't have Presidential elections at our club, stuff like the crest consultation could be focused towards the members groups.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The member scheme at Wolves is that for about £40 you are guarranteed 8 match tickets per season and get second refusal on cup tickets after season ticket holders and there is a one week window after season ticket holders renew for members to buy remaining season tickets.

Hi General,

I don't know if you remember but you got some photographer to take a photo of me with the players from the box at the Man Utd game I think it was. Do you know who he was and how I can get in contact with him to try and get a copy of it?

I know its been a while but my Dad reminded me of it the other day so I thought I'd try and track it down.

No worries if you don't know how to get hold of him.

Paddy

Hey General,

I posted this about a month ago and it may give you an idea of what a member ship scheme is -

I was wondering if the Board have any plans to get some sort of membership scheme up and running at Villa. These are very popular with the football (Australian) teams here in Oz and could be another form of revenue raising at the Villa. It would be great as a Villa supported outside of England to be a member of the club as obviously having a season ticket is not possible.

Here most clubs have various categories of membership ranging from season ticket holders (automatic membership) to childrens memberships. Child membership here generally gets the child a skarf or the like as well as free tickets to 5 games which generally means the parents buy tickets to take their child. This could be a good way to promote the Villa to the younger generation. Most membership packages provide a quarterly magazine and pin / badge of the clubs emblem and year of membership that can be worn.

Each of the 16 national football clubs in Australia have at least 20,000 members of some form with the most be 50,000 paid up members. It could be quite popular considering that Aston Villa as set to become more known world wide.

This just something i had been considering as it would be great to be an international member and feel that i am contributing to the club from such a distance.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Donald Fisher

(Australia)

General with a majority of the catering departments jobs bein put up for redundancy are you expecting a big company to come in and invest money into this area? i.e Compass?

General Krulak here:

1. Thank you for the loads of info on membership schemes. I will pose the question/issue to Nicky Keye and her group and see what they think. It sounds like a good idea but let me see what they think.

2. Paddy, I will try to track down the photos.

3. I will need to "get smart" on catering department redundancies...I was not aware that this was happening but I normally wouldn't as that is not part of my remit.

General Krulak here:

What is my remit at Villa Park? Like everyone of the Directors, my basic remit is to assist Randy in his efforts with Aston Villa Football Club. We have a saying among the Directors that goes like this: "We do windows." Simply put, there is very little that we won't do to help make Villa successful. If it means testing the Balti pies in the Holte End, well that is what we do. If it means helping manage the construction of the Training Ground, that is what we do. My particular role is even more amorphous...having known Randy longer than any and having been in multiple situations with him...sports, national security, "good works", etc. I would venture to say that I serve as Randy's right hand man over a spectrum of endeavours. The bottom line is always the same...for ALL of us: Trying to make Villa a top Club.

General, are the club planning to do any travel packages for the tour of the USA? I would love to go to one of the games but it all seems a big hassle and very costly at the moment.

Keep up the good work you and Randy are quickly becoming absolute villa legends!!!

posts deleted. This thread is for questions and answers, plus new (i.e. original) comments to the General. We know everyone is happy with the General talking to us and we're all extremely grateful for the communication, but please, can we just leave out the "General, you're a legend" stuff to make it easier for Gen. Krulak to find genuine questions. Thanks. Blandy

General,

As mentioned before on this thread, the summer tour to the USA is attracting a lot of attention. Now, im a student who has a summer job earning 5 pound an hour. Although my parents are likely to give me a helping hand, i will probably save all my money together and travel to the u.s.a and toronto with the villa. Are there going to be any travel packages being available to the fans, because it is just so pricey.

Will the club subsidize any of the travel with tickets included or anything? If a package is being drawn up, when will it be made public and when will the fans know exactly what the club is offering? i feel it would be better sooner rather than later so i can plan it!

My second point is regarding the Kit! I know you have mentioned it numerous times, but if the tour did attract a lot of interest it would be nice to be able to wear the new kit over to america! Villa fans will look so much more attractive wearing Nike.

On a final note, you may have seen the new Birmingham kit today!? im sure you that made you smile when you saw it. Absoultely terrible.

Cheers General

Gen

Don't know who took the decision but can you thank whoever decided to start posting the claret and blue magazine to our door. May seem a trivial thing but, I, and more importantly, my kids (who are ST holders as well) looked forward to receiving this and it made them feel special.

However, for the psat 18 months it has been a "collection" only - that was no good when I / and many others live 50 miles away.

Cheers , as I said, little thing but all these things add up to mean a lot !!!

General Krulak here:

1. Member scheme. I talked to Nicky Keye yesterday and she indicated that we were looking at a member scheme but that the Club was going to wait until after the drive for Season Tickets before designing and putting in place.

2. We are, in fact, talking to travel agencies and airlines/hotels to see if there can be a travel package organized. We will not be chartering an a/c to go to North America due to exhorbitant price that was quoted. Apparently it is far easier to put something together going to Europe than it is going east.

3. Yes, America did put a man on the moon....and I have a slice of green cheese to prove it!!!!

General,

Thanks for the answer re: the Aston Tavern. I can understand you have plenty on your plate already. However, one point I'm unclear on and was trying to ascertain was whether it comes under AVFC ownership currently as part of the acquisition or if, in fact, it is "held" by another party.

Cheers

General Krulak here:

1. The Aston Hotel (north end of Villa Park) is not owned by Villa....it was not part of the purchase.

2. I commanded a nuclear weapon storage facility when I was a Major...we never ordered a "code red" but we did have some exciting "exercises" as we prepared for any eventuality.

3. Again, we are doing all we can to work with travel firms to come up with a package for the fans. At the same time, I just wanted to be upfront and indicate that we would not be purchasing a charter due to cost.

General Krulak here:

2. I commanded a nuclear weapon storage facility when I was a Major...we never ordered a "code red" but we did have some exciting "exercises" as we prepared for any eventuality.

Thanks for answering my question General.