General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

Sorry to be the dissenting voice amongst the masses but I felt I had to post about something that ruined my day at VP yesterday...

Where we were sitting (Holte Lower, L8, Row UU) there was only two spare seats behind us so we were suprised that at least 10 people turned up to crowd around us in the spaces round our seats. They were jumping on top of us but this wasn't what annoyed us, what ruined our day was that they were smoking dope. This made my girlfriend have panic attacks and me have a bit of an alergic reaction. The stewards were nowhere to be seen.

I had planned to bring my girlfriend and our daughter up next year (although admittedly to the Trinity) but I think I'll be lucky to convince her now...

Sorry to moan, the game was great and the day brilliant except for this incident.

Cheers

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, nice pictures on the OS but any chance of having the team portrait blown u larger, I can not make out he individual players and can you confirm that the lady is in fact Rose Barton, thanks.

great touch that, so my only one quibble yesterday was because of the noise levels could not hear the Tannoy, in my view the players names should have been announced on the big screens .....

Hi General.

Got to watch the match on TV over here in Australia, what a great game! Couldn't have been a better result to celebrate '82.

This was discussed a bit earlier, but i'm curious if the club has any of the scarves left over, and if there is some sort of competition I could enter to win one? Obviously being over here in Adelaide it's hard to get to games, but the new scarf with the new crest looks magnificent from the pictures i've seen, and i'd love to have one.

Thanks for everything again, you and the rest of the new regime have brought life back to Aston Villa. It's truly a fantastic time to support our great club.

Thanks alot general. I wasn't lucky enough to go but I watched the game and i have never seen anything like that in Villa Park. An awesome day and a fantastic gesture for the fans. :notworthy:

Just want to add that I think that's shocking SoSolidCrew, and perhaps you could try and take it further? Its a family club and we dont want it ruined by chavs and tossers pissing about

General

Unfortunately I couldn’t make the game on Saturday as I was on holiday and so missed out on the parade, an excellent result and the scarf!

QUESTION is… will there be anyway of getting one of these scarves from the club. As you may already be aware, these scarves are being sold on ebay for around £20!!!! I’d rather give the club my £20 note than some random person selling one on the internet.

P.S. I’d like to sent my thanks to the new board for all the hard work you guys have carried out this season! You’ve all made a huge difference to the club!

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!

I wasn't even born in '82 but I was so proud and had a lump in my throat when the boys came onto the pitch yesterday. The place was rocking.

Then the current team put in the best performance we've seen at home all season, it was just brilliant.

Please pass on my thanks to Randy and the rest of the board for making yesterday the most enjoyable day I've had at Villa Park IN YEARS!

Hi General,

First post on this thread so apologies it's a little negative.

First can I say what a absolutley wonderful job, you Randy and the team are doing. The change is simply incredible.

I have a complaint to make and would appreciate some direction on where to take it.

I booked five tickets for the Sheff Utd match and was taking three children aged 6,6 and 4 to there first game. Unfortunately one of my children was poorly along with there mother, so both were unable to attend.

I went into the ground and and received my free scarf along with my two children. I also produced the two other tickets which weren't being used because of the above and asked the gentleman handing out the scarves whether I could get one for my little boy who could not make it due to illness. He explained that he wasn't aloud to give me a scarf even though I had produced two extra tickets which had been paid for. I explained again that my boy was poorly and that I had promised to get him a scarf. At this point a female steward came over and without provacation told me in no uncertain terms " you ain't having one" she also said that she didn't care if my son was poorly as it was "just tough". At this point she said if I didn't like it " I knew what I could do" I asked her what that was and she said "complain" she went on to say that I should stop talking to her or she would throw me and my kids out of the ground. I asked her for her name in order to complain and was told "you ain't having it" whilst aggresivley glaring at me. At this point her supervisor came over and told her to calm down and walk away. I again calmly asked for her name to be told the same. Finally her supervisor reluctantly offered his name and said that in his opinion she had not done anything wrong (even though he wasn't there)

I am extremley upset by this and it was made worse when my four year old daugher said, "Daddy why was that lady so cross?" I feel that the treatment I received was nothing short of disgraceful. I am not easily offended and wouldn't normally complain, but I feel that this needs addressing.

I feel very strongly about this and would like an explanation why as a paying customer I was treated so appallingly in front of two small children. My daughter was very upset.

Sorry for the rant but I want to be sure that this is dealt with by the correct person and not just ignored.

Once again sorry that this detracts from an otherwise fantastic day.

Matthew

Hi general,

I have been a regular visitor to this site over the years but this is my first official comment!

I thought now was the best time to post my heart-felt thanks to you and the new regime at Villa at the end of what I'm sure history will view as THE watershed season in the history of this great club.

I have been a passionate villa fan since my dad first took me to VP at a tender age. I am a regular season ticket holder sitting with my dad and uncle who have been going since they too were kids.

I cant describe how difficult it has been to see this great club I love slide into the abyss over the last years. Its been heartbreaking.

I can also barely describe how, within a year, Randy, Martin, you and all the other guys at the club have completely transformed my club around into a thriving passionate and exciting club who's future looks so much brighter than it has done in the last 25 years.

Nowhere was this better articulated than at yesterdays game. It was a truly memorable day for me and will go down as one of THE best Villa park experiences.

Everything felt right about yesterday.

From the excitement about the game days before (a feeling I can't remember feeling in such a long time) to having a few drinks with my Dad and mates before the game, discussing enthusiastically who we may or may not sign in the summer right through to arriving at the ground, being given our scarf and getting to our seats to see a Villa Park packed to the rafters with 42,000 equally happy fans.

Seeing the team from '82 finally getting the ovation that has been so long overdue was incredible. I was with sitting with my Dad who was lucky enough to be at Rotterdam that night and the parade brought back all the emotions of that Wednesday night in Holland to him. It was great to hear him talking so passionately again about this club, HIS club, and to hear how much it means to him struck home to me how far Villa had fallen in recent years.

The game itself was no less impressive. The shackles seemed to have been lifted and any lingering nerves had long since disappeared from Martin's team. This resulted in some great football and three fantastic goals.

All in all yesterday was a day which will live long in the memory for me, but more importantly my Dad who classed it as one of the best Villa experiences he's seen (and he's seen some great days).

So, General, Randy, Martin et al, on behalf of me and my Dad, just two of many long suffering fans, thank you for everything you have done so far in such a short space of time. You have finally put some pride and passion back into our unique and special club.

This is a club that we have invested so much time, money and emotion in over the years and finally, finally, it seems that Villa is on the way back.

Here's to a bright future!

Hi General,

Yesterday was absolutely immense... best day I have had with Villa in a long time. But I would like to echo the comment 'Sosolidcrew' made. Their were at least two people in L7 and L8 smoking, one of whom was smoking what appeared to be an illegal substance. I couldn't get a good sight of who it was but when I reported my concerns to the steward, I was told and I quote, "... to sit down and stop blocking the top of the steps"

Sorry to put a downer on the day but I thought that the inside of the stands were 'No Smoking'.

Thanks

Chris

General,

Outstanding effort on training ground. Looks simply the best in the world. Also, massive credit to the builders for finishing it on time and doing such a good job.

Many many thanks to the whole board for making it happen!

Hi General - my first posting on this page but having met with you twice within three days I feel I have to make a comment. On this web page you are friendly, helpful and informative. "In the flesh" you are friendly , charming , humorous and just so, so, so, enthusiastic. We all so pleased that you are here , if you are to be the full time PR man for the club for the benefit of the fans then this is an excellent call. Cant wait until next season - thanks again.

Re message from Barry and reaction from stewards re No scarf for sick child. I was in exactly the same position. Took the season ticket book to the ticket office and they gave me a scarf immediately. If youve still got the stubs I suggest you do the same.

Great day yesterday General, just a pity that staff members were threatened with disciplinary action if they were seen with a free scarf. Told that one would be given out next season but a little heavy handed none the less.

General, I had a great time on the training ground tour today and it was a pleasure to meet you! Just a thought on the new website, ive just been looking on the Chelsea one and its first class. There's a section where all the players introduce themselves when you click on them. I know this is a great way of making the fans feel closer to the club so im hoping something like this will be encourporated into ours.