Congratulations Arsenal de Sarandí

GarethRDR

Ronaldiho wasnt that big a success at PSG look at Robinho. Diego, Thiago Silva was flop as well when 1st came, Lucas and Pato as well

Yeah I think a big part of that is adapting to the change from moving to Europe from SA... its good that these Brazilian players are staying in brazil for their youth, so they can develop into good players..

Yeah but he's right. The point is they would have come over. The fact the stars are still in the Brazilian league makes the Brazilian league that bit better than it would otherwise be. But I don't know how it rates against the Argentinian league in terms of overall quality

cant say i watch a lot of Argentinian league football but they have a few golden oldies and games are at a slower pace. It seems a good league for neutrals as different winners but dont think quality is much. not many local players make international team anymore

Yeah brazil is keeping and taking back talent, There are several youngsters staying not just the big 2, Oscar is now starting for the national team, add to that the likes of ronaldinho, Fred, jo, love have all gone back

I also like how in an attempt to stop match fixing the final league game is all the big local rivals playing

Does anyone know if river got promoted? And what have arsenal won? The 1st clausera the 2nd one or the combination thing? Messed up league structure

Ronaldiho wasnt that big a success at PSG

He cant have been that bad. There was a very public and drawn out bidding war between Barcelona and Manchester United to sign him after he had been in Paris for barely two years.

He did have a pretty good World Cup in between and at PSG was a wasted talent as they had a manager that didnt like his or Anelka style or attitude, he also had a huge potential before this move that teams knew about him

As I understand it, the Brazilians were rather slow to have a nationwide football league: prior to 1969, champions of the state leagues were put into a cup competition to determine the national champion (only in the past 25 years has Brazil had a like the FA Cup: indeed, for most of the past century, the US Open Cup has been the biggest national cup by default), and since then the Brazilian national championship has changed format fairly regularly and often not been considered that important, relative to the state-level competitions.

I dont think Brazil has had a very good transport infrastructure until fairly recently, hence this situation too. It's easy to forget that Brazil is a massive, vast, huge country.

Ronaldiho wasnt that big a success at PSG look at Robinho. Diego, Thiago Silva was flop as well when 1st came, Lucas and Pato as well

I'd be interested to see your definition of a success then.

Scored on his debut, scored one in every two for the rest of that season and finished his first full season as Milan's top scorer.

What more would you have expected from a (then) 19 year old?

Players need time to settle in to their new surroundings end environment, especially players that come over from SA, where the culture is so different, its Not like a player moving from Germany to england...You can't expect a 19 year Brazilian kid to come over and settle in straight away. it takes time.

Players need time to settle in to their new surroundings end environment, especially players that come over from SA, where the culture is so different, its Not like a player moving from Germany to england...You can't expect a 19 year Brazilian kid to come over and settle in straight away. it takes time.

Except as stated above Pato did.

I don't understand the point of the conversation actually, plenty of Brazillian footballers have gone on to do just fine after moving to Europe at an early age.

I'm not sure I care about their league structure to be honest but that's just me.

Â