Personal achievement v Personal Ethics

tonyh29

All I can say is that leaving someone to almost certain death so that you can achieve something that you have the money to do again and again is a hell of a choice.Only an arsehole would go on up the mountain, it"s not like they can"t afford to come back is it ?

All I can say is that leaving someone to almost certain death so that you can achieve something that you have the money to do again and again is a hell of a choice.Only an arsehole would go on up the mountain, it"s not like they can"t afford to come back is it ?

Many of them may not have the money or the opportunity to do it again. But I don't think that changes the nature of the moral choice in the slightest.

Somewhat analogous to Free Market Capitalism....personal ethics just hold you back...

Can't say I really subscribe to that point of view

I'm speaking of the unfettered, under-regulated American brand...

surely being able to say, I helped save a guy's / or gals life would be an achievement to be proud of?

It's an interesting one. To many people the answer is obviously yes. But to people with very little regard for others, and a low sense of empathy, it's not. Narcissistic personalities, for example, would probably rate doing the climb higher than saving someone's life.

Somewhat analogous to Free Market Capitalism....personal ethics just hold you back...

Can't say I really subscribe to that point of view

As much as it doesn't sit comfortably with me, I think it's a broadly accurate statement.

Â