No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Just saw a Southampton fan tweet that he hopes we get OGS cos we'll go down. It retweeted it, give him abuse! ;)

No need to give him abuse, he's a Southampton fan that should be enough for him.

Edit: Hi Mr Trees, Hi Gazton.

You wouldn't believe how big headed they have been since promotion. They think they will finish top 6.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My step dad despises Southampton. Almost hates them as much as SHA.

Fourth Official ‏@Fourth_Official

Ole Gunnar Solskaer will be the new Aston Villa manager #AVFC

Isn't this guy quite credible? I can't see him saying "OGS will be the new Villa manager" if he wasn't sure. I've seen his other tweets and for some things he just says "I think this" or "I think that".

Just saw a Southampton fan tweet that he hopes we get OGS cos we'll go down. It retweeted it, give him abuse! ;)

No need to give him abuse, he's a Southampton fan that should be enough for him.

You wouldn't believe how big headed they have been since promotion. They think they will finish top 6.

It shouldn't shock you, its the kind of thing that happens in cities devoid of any meaningful culture

It shouldn't shock you, its the kind of thing that happens in cities devoid of any meaningful culture

Mate, that is an epic description of the city as a whole :lol:

It is funny when they say to me "You an't have our manager" I say "I don't want your manager" and then list about 10 who I do.

They bloody hate it!

Ideas above their station.

He's right though. It would be a crazy appointment. We might as well get Neil Lennon in.

As for those people citing Fergie's opinons on Solskjaer, give me a break. Fergie is the same man who gave /offered coaching roles to Bryan Robson, Roy Keane, Steve McLaren and so on. If Solskjaer was genuinely as good as some of the people on here have talked themselves into believing Fergie would have made sure he stuck around.

This whole thing has snowballed out of nothing into some kind of X Factor generation popularity contest. I hope for the good of our club that RL/PF pay no heed whatsoever to the opinions of a whole load of excitable youngsters on internet forums.

Lambert, Martinez, AVB, Rodgers, A.N. Other are THE options.

I'd love to see how OGS would react to thirty odd thousand fans booing him out of the ground ten matches into the season with Villa rock bottom of the table. Has he the character, guts and experience to deal with that situation? He certainly hasn't got the experience.

My final worry is that OGS will be using Fergie as a mentor, buying his crocks and taking his players on loan. This would not be good for Villa's long term future either. Likewise the six guaranteed points for his mentor every season.

In short a huge NO to OGS. It would be an utterly insane appointment.

My step dad despises Southampton. Almost hates them as much as SHA.

Fourth Official ‏@Fourth_Official

Ole Gunnar Solskaer will be the new Aston Villa manager #AVFC

Isn't this guy quite credible? I can't see him saying "OGS will be the new Villa manager" if he wasn't sure. I've seen his other tweets and for some things he just says "I think this" or "I think that".

Fourth_Official is a good source, yes.

If he's confident, so am I.

Plus Gazton is saying the same.

has anyone got a link to the ole documentary?
It's here somewhere. Just go on YouTube and type "Solskjaer Gunning for Glory".

If he becomes manager it should be plastered on every page. :lol:

Southampton makes Coventry seem interesting

He's right though. It would be a crazy appointment. We might as well get Neil Lennon in.

As for those people citing Fergie's opinons on Solsjaer, give me a break. Fergie is the same man who gave /offered coaching roles to Bryan Robson, Roy Keane, Steve McLaren and so on. If Solsjaer was genuinely as good as some of the people on here have talked themselves into believing Fergie would have made sure he stuck around.

This whole thing has snowballed out of nothing into some kind of x Factor generation popularity contest. I hope for the good of our club that RL/PF pay no heed whatsoever to the opinions of a whole load of excitable youngsters on internet forums.

I'd love to see how OGS would react to thirty odd thousand fans booing him out of the ground ten matches into the season with Villa rock bottom of the table. Has he the character, guts and experience to deal with that situation? He certainly hasn't got the experience.

My final worry is that OGS will be using Fergie as a mentor, buying his crocks and taking his players on loan. This would not be good for Villa's long term future either. Likewise the six guaranteed points for his mentor every season.

I kind of agree, i am not buying into this OGS hype at all. Have to look at credentials when it comes to managers.

But having said that if he does come in i can`t imagine him being any worse than mcleish, 2 months ago i would have taken anyone if it meant he was going to leave.

So i will keep my fingers crossed and get behind him if he does come in.

As for those people citing Fergie's opinons on Solsjaer, give me a break. Fergie is the same man who gave /offered coaching roles to Bryan Robson, Roy Keane, Steve McLaren and so on. If Solsjaer was genuinely as good as some of the people on here have talked themselves into believing Fergie would have made sure he stuck around.

This whole thing has snowballed out of nothing into some kind of x Factor generation popularity contest. I hope for the good of our club that RL/PF pay no heed whatsoever to the opinions of a whole load of excitable youngsters on internet forums.

Must make time to post the positives of OGS. Remind me tomorrow afternoon.

2 ITK peeps I follow have both just tweeted OGS to Villa nailed on......I've never seen either of them get things wrong. When they post in the way they have.
Is something happening soon? Seems all kinds of credible sources are now coming out of the woodwork and saying it will happen.

Southampton makes Coventry seem interesting

Only good things about Southampton are the Joiners, The Cellar, Guildhall to an extent (bit narrow, strange sound sometimes) and other micro venues :)

And to get back on topic, OGS for Villa!!!! :-D