General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

KHV, you talk bollocks with impressive consistency.

Beat me to it! No evidence whatsoever but still it must be true.

OGS was brought over in the plane because he had a match on the Sunday and wanted to be back fro training on Saturday.

Randy is a decent bloke and does understand football (contrary to what some "experts" on here think). He wanted to make life easier for OGS so that he could see us and also have time to prepare for a game - this is what OGS and many of the ITK's and press alluded to but must have been lies.

Villa are keeping things close to their chests seeing what happened with OGS. Patience is a virtue that some do not have. Have the Boggies been telling their fans who they are interviewing apart from what they released to the press? Did Wolves? Does any Chairman (apart from Whelan)?.

Just enjoy the weather while it lasts. Wait it will happen - anyway how can any new manager access the squad when they are all on holiday till the return around end of June. Only Newcastle have bought anyone of note - can't see other teams rushing to sign anyone. I think the business will be done after the Euro's.

I am sure any prospective manager would have seen what has happened at Villa and would have an idea of who he wants to sign and who may need shipping out. They see what we see too - just as many watch streams and televised games - so do they.

Just my slant on things

Seeing as things are quiet, maybe it's time to suggest a possible explanation for events over the last 10 days, which will a) be food for discussion and B) annoy briny_ear (mwahahahaaa).

- The club get in contact with OGS, having done a bit of homework on him.

- Initial discussions are good, and he tentatively agrees to become the Villa manager, but doesn't want to drop Molde in it.

- RL flies him to Brum for further talks but there's a leak and Molde's financial backer finds out.

- There is a surge of support from Villa fans for the idea of OGS as manager.

- The proverbial tomato hits the fan in Norway and Rokke threatens to withdraw his support. OGS is not happy with Rokke

Now the next bit is a combination of wishful thinking and wishfully-reading-between-the-lines:

- OGS realises if he ups sticks Molde will be left without financial support, but he still wants to manage Villa.

- OGS and Villa have further talks where a cunning plan is hatched.

- OGS and Rokke sign a new contract, whereby Rokke commits his finances to Molde in return for a change in OGS's contract.

- The change in OGS's contract improves the terms for Molde, but not to a price that Villa aren't willing to pay.

- OGS resigns himself to managing Molde for an unspecified number of additional games (until the 1st of June, say).

- Villa bide their time before putting in an offer for OGS.

- Molde accept the offer, since they are assured of Rokke's backing and are getting a nice payout from Villa.

Well?

-

Done deal.

:lol:

There's a psychological concept known as denial, that I believe you're evincing. It's when a thought is so hateful that the mind literally rejects it.

^ For any A.D/Tobias Funke fans out there

i agree Mantis. At least with OGS rumours it was fun. Boring as bat shit at the moment with no contenders!

When does the half term season end for OGS... :P

Anyone heard any whispers?

It ends Monday,unfortunately Ole Gunnar has made it impossible for himself to leave now.

I'm surprised Ole didn't know about not wanting to move when Villa called.I mean,Pompey,Wolves and a couple of other clubs had already tried so the ready to move thing should be on the radar no?

Clearly, OGS went and listened to Lerner / Faulkner and didn't like the sound of what he heard

No, he didn`t want to up root his family. That`s clear, because he told us.

However, as our Norwegian friend has already told us, he has had offers from PL clubs previously and so must had already had the family conversation. I believe he is using that as an excuse as he didn't like what he heard.

If Man U managers job came knocking, do you think he would turn the opportunity down? I don't.

Clearly, OGS went and listened to Lerner / Faulkner and didn't like the sound of what he heard

No, he didn`t want to up root his family. That`s clear, because he told us.

However, as our Norwegian friend has already told us, he has had offers from PL clubs previously and so must had already had the family conversation. I believe he is using that as an excuse as he didn't like what he heard.

If Man U managers job came knocking, do you think he would turn the opportunity down? I don't.

Did he actually have the offer to become Villa manager?

If his family weren't going to move why get on randy Lerners jet to BHX

Something happened in the discussions that made him not want to be considered

Like not being offered the job perhaps?

Why would the club not have made a statement to such effect

Instead we are again made to look like we've been knocked back

If his family weren't going to move why get on randy Lerners jet to BHX

Something happened in the discussions that made him not want to be considered

Like not being offered the job perhaps?

Why would the club not have made a statement to such effect

Instead we are again made to look like we've been knocked back

Why would the club feel the need to clarify who we haven't offered jobs to?