Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Wiz do you honestly think they'll stay? This is a ploy to Villa to say if you want them pay for them but we have resources in now!

I have no idea my friend, but I would be surprised if it wasn't a ploy.

Personally I'd love them to stay but nothing would shock me anymore on this subject.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughton confirms his back room staff are going with him. No word on Culverhouse and Karsa and the PC villa bound I'd say.

I have just watched the full Hughton press conference on Canary Player, and CULLY and Karsa are indeed both staying with us.

Contary to what you may believe, both are on rolling contracts.

I think they'll be leaving at some point Wiz - but I also think it's only right that they remain with Norwich in the meantime, so that they can assist Hughton & his staff get matters sorted.

Lambert seemed very relaxed about matters at Villa's PC so I would imagine he'll be fully aware of any release clauses both Culverhouse & Karsa have in their contracts and when any clauses might be exercised if he wants them to join him at Villa.

McNally doesn't appear to always speak the whole truth in public as I said previously. So we shall see what transpires in the next few weeks...

Although for ALL of the Norwich fans bitterness I have noticed that McNally hasn't criticised AVFC's conduct in public in any way shape or form from what I can see.......because he knows he hasn't got a leg to stand on!

Unlike Norwich when they poached Lambert off Colchester with an illegal approach and got fined for it I might add!

AVFC may well have spoken to Lambert's representatives some time ago as anyone is allowed to do...but they sought permission from Norwich at some point in order to speak directly to their manager AND what's more it was granted because of release clause in PL's contract which allowed him to speak to another premier league club - Villa knew he had the clause - so did Lambert & his representatives and so did Norwich....

McNasty then decided he'd withdraw that permission the night before the talks were due to take place....., which angered Paul Lambert and the rest as they say is history!.....

wow, really? id never have thought. Oh but i havent got a clue. "randy will spend money all round". Wake up people he isnt even paying compo for assistants. Smell the coffee. he waited till he could get lambert for free, and now wont pay compo for those two jabronis. 8-10 million plus half of player sales guys. get used to it
I swear I've heard you quote about three different figures.

Anyway, why would Richard suddenly be happy if Lambert was getting such a small amount of money?

Tbh Richard probably got lucky with his "welcome Paul" post

& he's had his medication upped ;-)

Lambert was reported to be on £800k/year at Norwich so I can't see his two assistants contracts being too expensive. I'd guess we'll get them for free or we pay a nominal (in Premier League terms) amount. It doesn't make any sense for them to remain at Norwich.

Culverhouse and Karsa definitely staying? On rolling contracts? Deja vu? :D

One would think someone would have learned how to handle matters professionally and prudently in the best interests of Norwich City & their bank balance.

However in THIS case I can see toys being thrown out the pram yet again!

wow, really? id never have thought. Oh but i havent got a clue. "randy will spend money all round". Wake up people he isnt even paying compo for assistants. Smell the coffee. he waited till he could get lambert for free, and now wont pay compo for those two jabronis. 8-10 million plus half of player sales guys. get used to it

Anyway, why would Richard suddenly be happy if Lambert was getting such a small amount of money?

Are you serious? Why would he suddenly say "Welcome Paul" for no reason and then suddenly claim Lambert is being backed?

Good evening from Norwich

Well the Cully/Karsa thing takes another twist with the message currently coming out of NCFC that they are still very much part of the team here. Apparently there has been talk at the club for a while of appointing more coaching staff to "spread the load" (not sure whether this was something that those 2 guys had asked for).

I understand both are on rolling contracts. I'm not entirely sure I'd put much money on them still being here in a few weeks time (I was told a few days ago they were a gonner), and this could be McNally trying to ensure they don't leave without you paying us something for them. That said, Cully was at Spurs as a youngster so could have a connection with Hughton from back then, or it might just be that they have agreed to stay for a couple of weeks to help Hughton bed in

Out of interest, what is Gordan Cowans role at Villa? And is Kevin McDonald still there?

Cheers

KA

Hughton has taken 3 backroom staff with him so there is no room for Cully & Karsa, it is only a matter of time before they leave Norwich & how they go about it. Obviously Mc Nally will not make it easy for Villa to get them on Board but it will happen in time.

Do you think that Paul Lambert can make the changes required with that level of investment ?

Out of interest, what is Gordan Cowans role at Villa? And is Kevin McDonald still there?

There's a slight difference between MacDonald & Cowans and Culverhouse & Karsa. Cowans and MacDonald are Villa men, their allegiance is to the club, they have been here in a variety of roles for 9 years or more, irrespective of the current manager. Culverhouse and Karsa are Lambert's men, much like Martin O'Neill has Steve Walford and until recently John Robertson move with him wherever he goes.

It's about loyalties

I'm never lucky, that's why I rarely bet. As for medication, well I would be on some but I was in the pharmacy queue at tescos and suddenly these two blokes in suits behind me started talking about Paul lambert, I got distracted and the pharmacy closed so I have no tablets at the moment

been informed by James Nursey (who has connections down norfolk) that Ian Culverhouse has not expressed any desire to leave Norwich as no other option has come in for him yet! also he IS on a rolling contract that expires on 17th August NOT 01st July...no idea on Karsa though..

i asked James does he think he will come and he responded would be shocked if he stayed at Norwich.

I think it's just time now! let Lambert dig his feet in get used to the club for a few days then after that evaluate who he wants! we are 1 man down as Peter Grant left with "him"

just a waiting game then!

Look there's plenty of good coaches, I'd rather he look around and do what's best for Villa!

I agree if Culverhouse and karsa do not come we can always give national express a call