Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Heard a rumour that Cisse from Liverpool (onloan in france somewhere) might be ending his loan and finishing the season at Villa........................ dunno how true that is...........

I have actually heard this too however, I am sceptical that this will happen or indeed be attempted.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay,now dont get me wrong i am as "delighted" as everyone else at the transfer business so far, but I am now believing thats it for now. And thats a little disappointing as I thought there would be more. Glad to hear we were in for SWP, shows the right ambitions, now lets push on for a reasonable finish, and guys if this is the Jan transfer (and it has been exciting, never trawled so may boards and sites) BRING ON THE SUMMER !

I definitely think there will be more signings, we have 6 days left and a lot can happen. The window hasn't really warmed up yet and I think most of the business will be done in the last few days

MON confirmed that SWP wanted to join us on loan, lets try and push a deal through again!!

While I think that the line put forward by MON re SWP is most likely the truth and this fits more with the reading of the situation put forward by other people on this site that it didn't happen due to Chelski politics, part of me wonders if it's possible that Milan Baros' story could have had a little more truth in it than we think.

Maybe since the signings of John Carew and Ashley Young, SWP has had a change of heart and MON wants to keep people open to the possibility after the inevitable wave of SWP hostility following the news that he wasn't interested in coming.

I think it is unlikely, but not impossible, that this is a bit of PR. Be nice if it was :)

Maybe since the signings of John Carew and Ashley Young, SWP has had a change of heart and MON wants to keep people open to the possibility after the inevitable wave of SWP hostility following the news that he wasn't interested in coming.

That's possibly the thinnest straw ever that you're clutching there.

I'm sure that any 'hostility' as you put it hasn't even crossed his mind. I think it's basically a case of he was asked a straight question and he gave a straight answer.

My right what?

Mei

Your predictions are always wrong anyway booooooo ;)

Arrivals may be lure to others

Martin O’Neill believes the arrival of John Carew and Ashley Young can help attract other new players to Villa.

Villa have become the one of the talking stories of the January transfer window after their double swoop on the two forwards.

Manager O’Neill is believed to want at least one other signing before the window slams shut next Wednesday - probably a midfielder.

And the Villa boss insists the club holds more appeal with the extra signings in.

Read the full story in the Express & Star

Clicky

I'd love a cheeky bid for James Milner right about now. Newcastle can't be THAT enamoured with him after they nearly let him go so cheeply 5 months ago. Yeah, he says he's happy there now, but who wouldn't want to come here over that shower of shite?

Might cost a little more than origionaly intended, £6m perhaps?

I'd love a cheeky bid for James Milner right about now. Newcastle can't be THAT enamoured with him after they nearly let him go so cheeply 5 months ago. Yeah, he says he's happy there now, but who wouldn't want to come here over that shower of shite?

Why bother? Its not a priority position any more. The more the merrier and all that but I would like us to strengthen in a balanced way across the team. We have cover for Young on the right if needs be. I believe we could do with a stand in for McCann. Considering MON has a nasty habit of doing what the fans want and the team needs we may see a midfield wrecking ball in before the window closes...

avfc89 wrote:

Day 16 - still no "quality" signings!. I can understand why people call us a boring club

Any quote now avfc89?

Well to be fair there haven't been any quality signings. I mean ok, we have signed a Manchester United right-back with bag fulls of tallent. And fair enough, we have signed a striker who has played for the like of Valencia Roma and Lyon and made a mockery of a Real Madrid defence that included Cannavaro. Not to mention a winger who scored 15 goals from midfield last season, has been tipped as a future England international and attracted interest from 6 clubs including Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham. Appart from that, no quality at all...;)

Not having a dig because we were all frustrated at the time, but we should all eat our words and celebrate our new team

Why bother?

Competition for places? O'Neill obviously rates him.

I have spent ages trying to find the post from the joker early last week who questioned Lerners commitment to the club and said that he thought we would have spent more money under Ellis.

I though it hilarious at the time but on recent reflection could you imagine Ellis laying out £8m up front for a hot unproven property?

Ashley Young would be a West Ham/Tottenham player today if Ellis was still in charge!

Why bother?

Competition for places? O'Neill obviously rates him.

Thats a good point. I'm almost afraid to leave any of our players sitting on the bench! Poor boys. But thats probably a necessity if we're to progress and go from playing 40 games a season to 60. Anyway, regarding Milner, I think that ship has sailed for now. He was treated very badly and its good to see him doing well in his career. And you never know, we may nab him in the future.