Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit unsure on Reo Coker. If we got him, I couldn't be sure whether he'd be a hit or a lazy underperforming wally.

I'd rather wait though, there will be better options in the summer, and we can cope until then without a new CM. Appiah is a good shout though, lots of strength, decent distribution, mature, has done well wherever he's gone and has performed for Ghana.

Think MON has shown he will not tolerate lazy, uncommitted, underperforming players. Pretty sure any players he goes after will be well aware of this. NRC would do well for us IMO. So would Diop, Sidwell,Appiah, Gravesen or Barton.

Sidwell. He’s been baiting Villa today hasn’t he; saying he was going to send us a video of UDLC goal, because he never did that thing for us...

Thing is, his goal was very similar to the one goal he did score with us, which makes Sidwell look even more of a tart.....

Sidwell is ok, I wouldn't THAT enthusiastic.

ReoCoker could be a good signing.

SWP looks highly unlikely to happen.

Milner we shud forget about, he doesnt seem to want to come anymore.

Pederson is a class act, but we'd not get him without ridiculous money.

Let's just wait n see...

I've heard through some mates in Leicester that Villa are making a bid for Leicester midfielder Levi Porter. I know next to nothing about him, but apparently he's a tiny 19-year-old with alot of potential. Should be interesting.

I've heard through some mates in Leicester that Villa are making a bid for Leicester midfielder Levi Porter. I know next to nothing about him, but apparently he's a tiny 19-year-old with alot of potential. Should be interesting.

I saw the lad make his debut this season for Leicester and i thought he was definitely one for the future and it would be an excellent signing imo, he looks a bit like Joachim in build and he's as fast as anything, he's left footed with lots of skill and has been giving right backs a very hard time from what i've seen of him, he can also play up front too and has scored 3 goals for them, he reminds me of Lennon a little bit, obviously not as polished but can reach those standards with the right coaching (Mon) imo,

he scored the winner in this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpfBpwJSIY0

UtV

Sidwell said

Royals midfielder Steve Sidwell said: "Ulises impressed everyone with his goal and the build-up.

"We have sent a copy of the goal to Villa because that is why they signed him. But he never really did it there.

"We have a lot of banter with him about that but he is a great lad."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=26233

I am not sure why he said it.

Matty Taylor would be nice, also spell the end for Bouma as a first teamer, i think.

MON up until 4 weeks ago im sure would have been looking at a replacement but Bouma's current form may have made it less of a priority.

Centre Midfield is now a priority imo. I believe 4-3-3 is back on the cards too. Hence MON liking of our young CM's and the releasing of Whits and Hendrie.

Id be gutted if ze bought a left back in this window, Bouma has been playing really well for starters, and mon may want to see how jlloyd does if bouma gets injured.

priority one mccannesque signing

priority two another striker

priority three winger / perlaanent right back ( summer )

I suggested this in another thread...but what do you guys think about getting a top class winger...with pace...and slotting Barry into the middle of the park alongside Petrov..Macca as backup......i reckon we could turn him into a good DM...and i think his passing is better than Maccas as well...and obviously his shooting skills....i personally really rate him but don't think he goes along the grain of our system of pace on the wings.....