Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think now that Fulham have signed Davies we may very well see where the land lies with Diop

I wouldn't say I would be dissappointed with Diop, rather that I would be concerned as to his fitness. If we signed him as well would he come straight in for McCann? This could unsettle the team at this stage of the season.

I posted elsewhere that MON was "spotted" about two three weeks ago having lunch with reo-coker. In the same post I also mentioned that I had been told by a "friend of someone in the know" had said that a press conference would be called on about wed/thurs of this week and an announcement would be made concerning a player not under general discussion. Although I did not particularly read too much into this I posted as an interesting possibilty as we all do. The two players connected with this info were ( and I know this is gonna be shot down) were SWP and Bellamy. It seems the press conference call was good, only time will tell on the other !

Have i missed something where has this Taylor rumour come from?

Someone spotting him at the ground today.

Thanks BOF!

I suppose there is no evidence ie a photo ....or hotel bill (sorry!)

I posted elsewhere that MON was "spotted" about two three weeks ago having lunch with reo-coker. In the same post I also mentioned that I had been told by a "friend of someone in the know" had said that a press conference would be called on about wed/thurs of this week and an announcement would be made concerning a player not under general discussion. Although I did not particularly read too much into this I posted as an interesting possibilty as we all do. The two players connected with this info were ( and I know this is gonna be shot down) were SWP and Bellamy. It seems the press conference call was good, only time will tell on the other !

Well, seems SWP doesn't want to come to us so forget that one.

Bellamy is needed at Liverpool, he'll start most games now. Didn't play against Chelsea because Rafa wanted the big boys up there. Bellamy won't be leaving Liverpool.

Put those two to bed my friend.

Has a press conference been called???

I would be delighted if we sign Matty Taylor!! But isn't this the same as the " Defoe in a Brum's hotel" story? And why would pompy want to sell him, they are just as loaded as we are.

Can somebody make calls to all hotels near by and see if we can speak to Taylor himslef? :winkold: (just to show my Sarcasms)

I would be delighted if we sign Matty Taylor!! But isn't this the same as the " Defoe in a Brum's hotel" story? And why would pompy want to sell him, they are just as loaded as we are.

Can somebody make calls to all hotels near by and see if we can speak to Taylor himslef?

Are you being serious? :?

Matt Taylor is in Portsmouth, not Birmingham. No inside info, just a hunch :winkold:

Press conference is being dicussed over on H&V forums, apparently one has been called on thursday, discussion there along the lines of why on thursday to announce signings already reported quite widely in the media, also much talk of MON saying things are still been worked on.

A fair point, but could also be other reasons? (c'mon lets keep the conjecture bandwagon rolling its fun and hasn't been rolling for so long the wheels nearly fell off !) Do you not think its probable we will make at least one more quality signing ?

A fair point, but could also be other reasons? (c'mon lets keep the conjecture bandwagon rolling its fun and hasn't been rolling for so long the wheels nearly fell off !) Do you not think its probable we will make at least one more quality signing ?

Nope.

Will be squad fillers now, people who can do us a job for the next few years. Not great exciting talents like Carew and Young.

Matty Taylor would be nice, also spell the end for Bouma as a first teamer, i think.

MON up until 4 weeks ago im sure would have been looking at a replacement but Bouma's current form may have made it less of a priority.

Centre Midfield is now a priority imo. I believe 4-3-3 is back on the cards too. Hence MON liking of our young CM's and the releasing of Whits and Hendire.