Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

I find it funny that 3/4 of the players who we get linked to are shit/not good enough/not better than what we have/not a statement to the world we are the greatest club in the world...

We need bodies, everybody knows that, but so many people are quick to reject most players linked/suggested/made up by the press.

I find it absolutely bewildering that the player is not deemed good enough if he only costs £2-3m but that we are disgusted if the team plans on spending close to £10m on players of quality like SWP or Young. I mean really, what the f**k is MON to do ????

Exactly my point. It might take 2 or 3 signings like Routledge for players like SWP to even think we are serious.

If many of our fans on here are doubting it, why should a player like SWP believe it..?!?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's one for ya:

Juan Roman Riquelme has been left out of the last 2/3 Villarreal games.. he has had a row with coach Manuel Pellegrini and been benched.

So let me lie back once more and run the commentary through my head.

"... Sorenson, rolls the ball to Cahill. Cahill looks up and plays a simple pass to Riquelme... Riquelme quick ball through to Shaun Wright Phillips who slips his marker and crosses... to Miroslav KLOSE!! GOAL ASTON VILLA!!....."

Hmmm there's another pair soiled.....

I dont get the problem? Are you banging your head because MON has failed to deliver so far on and off the pitch? Are you banging your head because he didnt have backup plans or any transfer plans at all? Are you banging your head because he failed to sign Milner and have a backup there aswell? Are you banging your head because the signings he has made has been quite shit? Take a pill.

We arent stating he wont deliver permantly, we are just discussing what we feel we should aim for and not, and wether we believe it will happen.

I'm banging my head because you just moan so much, and it doesn't makes sense

Like i said you moaned that we hadn't signed anyone great by the 5th of jan when no premeriship teams were making big signings

You moaned about MON not having back up plans even though there is still 16 days left in the transfer window and you don't have a dam clue what MON has got planned.

We've been linked with the likes of harewood, people have suggested routledge as players who could be those plan b and c type players and once again you moan because you think we need to bring in better players.

It's just moan after moan

your a real glass is half empty kind of guy aren't you?

"... Sorenson, rolls the ball to Cahill. Cahill looks up and plays a simple pass to Riquelme... Riquelme quick ball through to Shaun Wright Phillips who slips his marker and crosses... to Miroslav KLOSE!! GOAL ASTON VILLA!!....."

It'll be more like

"Sorenson, boots the ball straight out for a throwing. Melberg tackles and wins the ball, hoofs it randomly. Gabby cant win the header, baros falls over looking for a pen. Watford break, up to someone shit... cahill falls over. Goal 1-0 watford."

:winkold:

It'll be more like

"Sorenson, boots the ball straight out for a throwing. Melberg tackles and wins the ball, hoofs it randomly. Gabby cant win the header, baros falls over looking for a pen. Watford break, up to someone shit... cahill falls over. Goal 1-0 watford."

:winkold:

:lol: nice one mate, made me chuckle!!

Sky sports site say Werder want Baros AND John Carew to replace Klose, but only at end of season.

Klose said last week that he would only move in the summer and that, when he does move, there are only four or five clubs he'd consider going to. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that we're not one of the ones he has in mind.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that we're not one of the ones he has in mind.

You'll probably still get an argument in here over that though :lol:

Yeah, I was more noting that Werder are after Carew, someone we've been linked with. But if Werder want him in July, we might be able to nick him in Jan. Apparently he was left out of the (Lyon?) team on Sat, so he could be headed somewhere.

i'm getting restless now

im fed up of getting up every morning coming on here, hoping we've actually signed someone only to get dissapointment

i would love to know whats going on behind the scenes, whats taking SWP so long? if they've named a price why is knowone signing him? or is it the whole falling out with mourinho & ambramovich thing?

we're arguably the team who needs the most signings in the league, i really think we should panic buy for a few players, its worth it in the long run, and its not like we will have prices ridiculously pushed up like chelsea who consistently play the likes of 20 million for players.

i really think we should panic buy for a few players

So that in 2 or 3 years we have a load of Dx2's and Bergers in our reserves, getting paid 1000's of pounds a week and upsetting tem spirit? No thank you, I'd rather sign no one than panic buy.

I dont get the problem? Are you banging your head because MON has failed to deliver so far on and off the pitch? Are you banging your head because he didnt have backup plans or any transfer plans at all? Are you banging your head because he failed to sign Milner and have a backup there aswell? Are you banging your head because the signings he has made has been quite shit? Take a pill.

We arent stating he wont deliver permantly, we are just discussing what we feel we should aim for and not, and wether we believe it will happen.

I'm banging my head because you just moan so much, and it doesn't makes sense

Like i said you moaned that we hadn't signed anyone great by the 5th of jan when no premeriship teams were making big signings

You moaned about MON not having back up plans even though there is still 16 days left in the transfer window and you don't have a dam clue what MON has got planned.

We've been linked with the likes of harewood, people have suggested routledge as players who could be those plan b and c type players and once again you moan because you think we need to bring in better players.

It's just moan after moan

your a real glass is half empty kind of guy aren't you?

I can see you are grasping, once again i might add, because that doesnt relate to what i just said. I think Villa should spend this window, and i early knew that if we went on pushing the time, we might very well end up with nothing. So far im completely right, so your arguements fall to nothing.

Ive said we need backup plans if our pri targets is a failure, but we havent signed backups or the big shots so far. Its nothing wrong with feeling a club of our stature should keep plan a, b or c, but its a high disappointment when we once again fail to show ambition and get plan a. Nothing more then a personal opinion, but apparantly you see every opinion, no matter how objective, as a moan. Funny thing.

I might suggest that you can only resort to a plan B or a plan C after plan A has failed ...... and that hasn't happened yet seeing as both SWP & Young are still at their original teams.

i really think we should panic buy for a few players

So that in 2 or 3 years we have a load of Dx2's and Bergers in our reserves, getting paid 1000's of pounds a week and upsetting tem spirit? No thank you, I'd rather sign no one than panic buy.

who says a panic buy will flop

a panic buy doesn't necersarily mean just buy anyone for the sake of it

it can mean paying over the odds for a quality player, who you know what you are going to get from them, but in normal circumstances you wouldn't spend that extra couple of mill on top

I am sick of getting up each morning and seeing rumours, I want to see real signings not some fairy tale from Randy and MON.

The fairy tales are coming from everyone else. I think people's complaints are that NO fairy tales are coming from Randy & MON.

I am sick of getting up each morning and seeing rumours, I want to see real signings not some fairy tale from Randy and MON.

The fairy tales are coming from everyone else. I think people's complaints are that NO fairy tales are coming from Randy & MON.

All I hear is MON saying we want quality!, well get it then.