Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Daz deal won't wash with Pardew

West Ham are set to offer £4million and players Marlon Harewood and Hayden Mullins as they look to land Charlton striker Darren Bent.

Former Addicks boss Alan Curbishley is keen to lure Bent to Upton Park in a bid to stave off relegation.

Reports on Monday indicate Harewood, Mullins and a substantial fee have been bundled together in a potential package deal.

However, any move is dependent on Bent recovering from the knee injury that has seen him miss Charlton's last few games, and is expected to keep him out until the end of January.

Addicks boss and former West Ham chief Alan Pardew is determined to keep Bent at The Valley as the SE7 club looks to fight off relegation themselves.

Pardew stopped short of claiming the forward was being tapped up, but hinted that interest from other clubs was unsettling the England international.

"I'm sure he's getting calls he shouldn't", Pardew said.

"Let's not twist it, I'm sure he's getting phone calls from people and I'm sure it's disturbing him, whether the calls are from friends or whatever."

hoofuckinray

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be pretty out there, and I'm not normally one for suggesting outlandish targets, but the Real Ronaldo is available. He's only 30 and can still match the best when fit.

Capello wants him out just like Beckham.

There is the question of his temperament, his fitness, his wages and his willingness to come to a mid table club but after that?! We could at least try.

:)

It is 'out there' but it's not that ridiculous, however I'm quite sure if we did show any interest, an Italian team would go for him, and knowing him he'd opt for Italy.

It is 'out there' but it's not that ridiculous, however I'm quite sure if we did show any interest, an Italian team would go for him, and knowing him he'd opt for Italy.

That's what you'd think but he has expressed an interest in playing in English football before. If we were looking for a signing to make the world sit up that would be it.

But it's just dreaming I suppose.

We really need to stop fannying about trying to sign overpriced English players playing for relegation looming teams, and try and bring in some foreign quality. It may take time for some of them to settle, but if we brought 4/5 top quality foreign players and only 2/3 settled quickly, then we'd probably have a much stronger team than we do now. I can't see the Tevez/Mascherano/Kia effect happening at Villa.

We really need to stop fannying about trying to sign overpriced English players playing for relegation looming teams, and try and bring in some foreign quality. It may take time for some of them to settle, but if we brought 4/5 top quality foreign players and only 2/3 settled quickly, then we'd probably have a much stronger team than we do now. I can't see the Tevez/Mascherano/Kia effect happening at Villa.

The trouble with trying to bring in top quality European players is that they will expect you to be involved in European football. It is far more of an issue for someone coming to Villa from abroad that we be in Europe than for someone like say Ashley Young for example.

Its the kind of dreaming I can definitely get excited about. However he'd want to go to a bigger club being only 30. Damn.

But he's been linked with America and Qatar. I dunno. If you're reading Martin.... :winkold:

Routledge had a lot of potential, the reason why he didn't make it at Spurs was because he got injured in the first couple of weeks of the season. He was replaced in the team by a certain Aaron Lennon... I think he has got bags of potential which MON could exploit, but isn't he on loan at Fulham atm?

Has anyone heard about a story that was reported in the Sunday Mercury (yeah i know) claiming that Leaner has told O'Neill that if he wants a player that he feels is priced over the odds he doesnt mind basically saying that if Villa wanted a player valued a 50 million he'd still buy him as funds a basically limitless

Has this story been reported on here ??

Routledge is a poor player. I would be unhappy with him.

Still...he would give us alternative and a extra body in midfield. If we not get Young or SWP then Routledge would sound ok.

I disagree, whilst I think we must sign at least 2 or 3 players in this transfer window, even if they are simply stop gaps, I want us to sign players who can contribute something and I really don't think he would.

Quincy Abeyie would be an excellent signing for the RW, I cant believe Arsenal let him go for 1.5 million to Spartak looks like a proper winger. I think he went off the rails a bit, but talk about quick this guy would give Gabby a race and has good close control at high speed.

Quincy

Has this happened that Arsenal sold him? He looks quick and seem to have good technical skills...