Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Seems as though sha will be selling Upson in January, should we be interested

We need to look at other areas before buying a centre back. As far as I can see it, we need a centre forward, an out and out winger, preferably right sided, a right back and cover/competition for McCann.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems as though sha will be selling Upson in January, should we be interested

We need to look at other areas before buying a centre back. As far as I can see it, we need a centre forward, an out and out winger, preferably right sided, a right back and cover/competition for McCann.

....and that TT just demonstrates the progress Liam Ridgewell has made this season.

Last year Liam was a liability, and with Laursen then considered a write off we were desperate for a new CB.

Yes, Laursen is back - but Liam is keeping him at bay, meaning that we are now suitablly covered.

Liam has impressed the hell out of me this season - hardly put a foot wrong.

Alan Smith anyone?

Aston Villa lining up £6million Old Trafford swoop

14:31 October, 30, 2006

Aston Villa Football Club are believed to be interested in Alan Smith.

The Manchester United star gas bounced back from an horrific injury which he suffered earlier this year, and he is currently working his way back to full fitness as he eyes a place in the Reds starting eleven.

Used as a midfielder last season, Smith is being reverted back to his preferred position as a striker this term although he has his work cut out edging past the likes of Louis Saha and Wayne Rooney.

It is believed that Martin O’Neill is keen to offer him the chance of regular first team football at Villa Park, and an offer of £6million is rumoured to be on its way to Old Trafford in January.

Posted on Fans FC

use short links please

Mind you I personally wouldn't mind Smith, if thats what MON wants

Yep, decent young player, sign him up...................... if his leg has healed properly.

would be a SUPERB acquisition

To play up front or in midfield. IMO was a good front player when he was at Leeds.

We should at least try to sign Wesley Sneijder, hes a damn good player.

I wouldn´t mind him, Gav and Petrov in the middle.

oh yeah. wicked crosses and set pieces from him. Good good player.

Does anyone have any thoughts on Richard Dunne? Although central defence isn't the biggest priority, I'd take him in our defence. Whether he's gettable I have no idea.....

Do you really think that the other teams strikers are that bad that we have to sign theb PL's most scorer of own goals to give them a chance to score on us? :shock: Not in a million years.

Man Utd wont want to sell Smith, he and Saha are to replace Horse Face thats what Fergerson has said.

He would only sell if they got another world class striker!

So Man United would sell Smith if the prices is right and they can get a replacement? Bit like every other club in the world then Jez? :winkold:

I'd welcome Alan Smith. Skillful, strong, quick, decent in the air, he's got the complete package. His versatility (I'd play him just behind the front two) is just a bonus. However, I'm not sure Villa fans would his accept goal ratio despite all the other work he does.

Pair him with Jermain Defoe and watch them fly in.......

Man Utd wont want to sell Smith, he and Saha are to replace Horse Face thats what Fergerson has said.

He would only sell if they got another world class striker!

So Man United would sell Smith if the prices is right and they can get a replacement? Bit like every other club in the world then Jez? :winkold:

I'd welcome Alan Smith. Skillful, strong, quick, decent in the air, he's got the complete package. His versatility (I'd play him just behind the front two) is just a bonus. However, I'm not sure Villa fans would his accept goal ratio despite all the other work he does.

Pair him with Jermain Defoe and watch them fly in.......

Smith is an all or nothing kind of player - the precise opposite of DJDJ for example - I think the fans would love him down VP for his attitude alone, god knows what he'd be like working under MON.

I'd also love us to sign Defoe - I think he's a stunning player. I know plenty have their own opinions on Defoe but for me he could be the next great English goalscoring centre forward.