Coke & Pepsi Change Recipe "to Avoid Cancer Warning

Demitri_C

Never really drink fizzy pop, we dont have any in the house.

I'd much rather have a pint of squash.

Is it true that years and years ago, Coca-Cola used to add cocaine to the drink?

Me neither... squash FTW.

And yes.. they did, its where the "Coca" bit in the name comes from.

Wine (couple of bottles a week)

Holy shit

I was being a bit conservative there, TBH. The missus and I usually have a bottle between us, with a meal, most days. Hardly excessive.

How much does a bottle of wine cost in Britain, £10? That's a hell lot of money to be spending on drinks for dinner every day.

Besides, I'm not sure if I would get drunk if I drink a half-bottle at one go.......although I'm terrible at holding alcohol, that much I'll admit.

Wine (couple of bottles a week)

Holy shit

I was being a bit conservative there, TBH. The missus and I usually have a bottle between us, with a meal, most days. Hardly excessive.

How much does a bottle of wine cost in Britain, £10? That's a hell lot of money to be spending on drinks for dinner every day.

Besides, I'm not sure if I would get drunk if I drink a half-bottle at one go.......although I'm terrible at holding alcohol, that much I'll admit.

Drunk on half a bottle of wine? No way. And probably nearer to 6 or 7 quid than 10 unless it was a special occasion. Food and wine just go together for me. I think I'm secretly French. :)

See, I don't see much difference between your 4 or 5 cups of coffee a day, compared to someone who drinks 5 glasses of coke a day.

I'm sure you are aware of the sugar content of Coke :lol:

That completely wasn't the point I was making.

And regardless, I'm not sure it would be too much more sugar than a sugary cup of tea or coffee? but I could be wrong

See, I don't see much difference between your 4 or 5 cups of coffee a day, compared to someone who drinks 5 glasses of coke a day.

And regardless, I'm not sure it would be too much more sugar than a sugary cup of tea or coffee? but I could be wrong

It is relevant though, that is the difference between drinking a lot of coffee and drinking a lot of Coke. Tea and coffee contain too little caffeine to be considered dangerous, but ingesting a lot of sugar contributes to obesity which in turn massively increases chances of getting major illnesses like heart disease and the like.

Is it true that years and years ago, Coca-Cola used to add cocaine to the drink?

Yes, but it's not as shocking as it sounds

here

It is relevant though, that is the difference between drinking a lot of coffee and drinking a lot of Coke. Tea and coffee contain too little caffeine to be considered dangerous, but ingesting a lot of sugar contributes to obesity which in turn massively increases chances of getting major illnesses like heart disease and the like.

it's relevant to what you're talking about.

it's not relevant to the point I was making

I find all this quite staggering. I wish I had shares in Coca-Cola, they've got you lot seriously addicted to that shit!

There's a reason that Warren Buffett holds a whole lot of KO....

normal coke rots your teeth and make syou fat

diet coke gives you cancer so basically we are **** if you drink it!

No it doesn't.

hasnt america banned aspatame?

No. And thats even when we know that it can seriously harm some people, because of a chemical it creates as it is digested that a few people cannot process. It doesn't, however, cause cancer.

Me neither... squash FTW.

And yes.. they did, its where the "Coca" bit in the name comes from.

Not quite. The 'Coca' part of the name comes from one of the ingredients, coca leaf, which is indeed also what cocaine is derived from. However to produce cocaine you have to process it. Coca Cola used to have what amounted to 'trace' elements of cocaine in it - they used the same leaves that cocaine was made from, but they didn't intentionally add cocaine to it. They later used the leaves that had already been used, leaving trace elements of cocaine in it again. Now they use extract.

It was originally sold as a medicine, funnily enough, since to this day people still claim it cures headaches.

Coca-Cola, is however, slightly alcoholic (just under 1 proof).

Unless they switched recently, at least in the US, Coca-Cola is still made from decocainized coca leaves (and thus still has trace amounts of cocaine.

It uses extract, no cocaine content at all now.

One of my mates' uncle works for them. They apparently have a huge problem with pubs and restaurants not mixing it properly, which they then give them shit for.

Those cancer warnings are a bit of a joke really - they crop up on so many things here. Examples that I've seen: on the entrance to a multi-storey car park, on the check-in desk at LAX, on various items of clothing... pretty much if you have done any normal activity in the state of California you are in danger of being exposed to cancer-causing elements, according to them.

Normal coke doesn't rot your teeth, it's a bit of a myth.

mate it has a hell of a lot of sugar in it, any dentist or max-fax facial consultant will tell you that

I think my personal experience of 1 can of coke a day every day for 10 years pretty much proves that it doesn't by the fact that I don't have a single flling or sensitive tooth.

I can crunch ice with my teeth, drink hot drinks with no paid (apart from tongue).

then again my bowels are probably shot to shit.

every thing you drink apart from water gives you cancer if you read the daily mail

tea coffee or anything with caffeine in

fizzy drinks

alcohol

milkshakes

I think cordial you are okay as well as water but basically if you drink anything other than those two you might as well be drinking fukushima water

Aaaaah but water isn't unquestionably safe either... Its poisonous if large quantities are consumed (and not the unfeasibly large quantities these cancer experiments use) and contains fluoride which many people will tell you allegedly has the side effect of creating docility, cancer, retardation, and Alzheimers, amongst other things.

Â