Are HMRC investigating Aston Villa?

villarich1982

Its alleged that 8 Premier league clubs are currently under investigation by HMRC for dodgy tax deals.

I can't believe for a minute that Randy would tarnish the proud name of Aston Villa Football Club by such a shoddy act...

It does make me wonder who the 8 clubs are supposed to be though, any ideas anyone?

Its alleged that 8 Premier league clubs are currently under investigation by HMRC for dodgy tax deals.

I can't believe for a minute that Randy would tarnish the proud name of Aston Villa Football Club by such a shoddy act...

It does make me wonder who the 8 clubs are supposed to be though, any ideas anyone?

Possibly the key word there is 'alleged'. Perhaps when HMRC actually state that 8 PL clubs 'are' under investigation this subject could be debated more seriously.

definitely isn't us

the reason they're investigating is clubs paying foreign players into offshore accounts, which they weren't allowed to access until they left the country, so that they could pay them more money but not have to have them paying tax on it

how many foreigners have we had on the books since lerner took over? very, very few, and even fewer on big bucks

absolutely definitely not us

definitely isn't us

the reason they're investigating is clubs paying foreign players into offshore accounts, which they weren't allowed to access until they left the country, so that they could pay them more money but not have to have them paying tax on it

how many foreigners have we had on the books since lerner took over? very, very few, and even fewer on big bucks

absolutely definitely not us

That's actually nothing to do with how most clubs operate. Rangers dropped a bollock because they used EBTS to remunerate their players. Only they put the EBT payments into the players' contracts, instead of making them discretionary. Contractual EBTs = taxable. Discretionary payments from EBTs = non taxable. The stupid sods, that's schoolboy stuff.

Doesn't have to have been Randy, could have been Deadly at the helm.