London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

Maybe enjoy was the wrong word. But the whole thing between you 2 was making me laugh. :lol:

Anyway I think even those who were sceptical about the Olympics will now be loving it after 'super saturday'. Arguably the best day in British sport ever. 6 golds. :D

Anyway I think even those who were sceptical about the Olympics will now be loving it after 'super saturday'. Arguably the best day in British sport ever. 6 golds. :D

A lot of people were skeptical about the Olympics for other reasons than the medal table.

Who will win SPOTY ?

I don't think it is as hard as people are making it out to be. It has to be Wiggins .

Wiggins or Ennis for me. Remember, SPOTY is a popularity contest and Jess is much more of a household name than Brad. Mo Farah is the only other one in the running at the moment, but I guess if Andy Murray serves up a gold medal here and wins the US open he has a chance too, but the fact that he has to do all of that just to have a chance says how great a year it has been for British sport in 2012.

They should give the team award in SPOTY to everybody in Team GB though.

A lot of people were skeptical about the Olympics for other reasons than the medal table.

Yep, but the Olympics have bought the feel good factor back to the country. I can feel it walking around, both in and outside of London. The Olympics despite its vast costs have actually generated alot of money for the country, because people are out and about more then they would of been, even if they are not attending the games. In addition to this we have shown the world we are capable of building constructions of high quality in the required time scale. Britain used to be envy of the world for many reasons. But in the last 50 years that has changed. Hopefully Britian as a country can get back to where it was and the Olympics will play a small part in that I think.

Yep, but the Olympics have bought the feel good factor back to the country. I can feel it walking around, both in and outside of London.

Really? Been walking the top 'n' tail of the country?

Is the lack of trade in Laarnden 'absolute nonsense' (as per Hunt)?

The Olympics despite its vast costs have actually generated alot of money for the country, because people are out and about more then they would of been, even if they are not attending the games.

Again, really? That isn't what has been reported - nor is it the general tale of any Olympic city in modern times, apparently.

In addition to this we have shown the world we are capable of building constructions of high quality in the required time scale.

That's the lubbly jubbly idea that the previous and current government want to have portrayed but I'm not so sure that's the current case or that it is ever going to be the case.

Hhhmm your debating style is 'interesting'. I am not sure I can be bothered to be honest.

Anyway I would like all forum members opinions on the 100 metres showdown. Is Bolt fit? In yesterdays first heat nothing was given away.

How is this whole thing being received up in Scotland ? Anybody know ?

Non scientific of course, but I have a handful of friends in Glasgow and they have been as vocal about singing Team GB's praises on Facebook as anybody else.

How is this whole thing being received up in Scotland ? Anybody know ?

Non scientific of course, but I have a handful of friends in Glasgow and they have been as vocal about singing Team GB's praises on Facebook as anybody else.

A lot of my ex army pals are the same but the Sun and Scottish Sun seem to show a discrepancy.

Who gives a **** what that horrible rag thinks? The Sun is not representative of England, why should the Scottish Sun be representative of Scotland? It's the **** gutter press.

Who gives a **** what that horrible rag thinks? The Sun is not representative of England, why should the Scottish Sun be representative of Scotland? It's the **** gutter press.

Indeed but It was the only paper I know that had an English and Scottish equivalent.

Hhhmm your debating style is 'interesting'. I am not sure I can be bothered to be honest.

Questioning your comments?

Your 'debating style' isn't interesting.

The points you made are questioned and your retort is to get indignant rather than to back up the assertions you made in your original post or discuss the points put forward by someone else.

I thought Federer's draining semi may have helped Murray but then Fed had today off whilst Murray played the mixed doubles. I can only see a Fed gold and a Murray/Robson gold in the doubles maybe.

I really really want Murray to win Olympic gold, I feel he deserves it. But if he has to lose to someone, I would like it to be Federer. Tomorrow is going to be another epic day. Bring it on. :)

Â