London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

I think it's best we go back to ignoring each other on VT eh ? It's for the best .

You don't like me and I **** hate your guts so let's just leave it like that.

Ha ha ha.

:crylaugh:

A good example of why your funeral will be a very small affair right there.

Its because the people who go to watch Olympic football are football fans. Why do you think Suarez was booed? Every football fan knows hes a word removed.

Other Olympic fans at swimming, track events etc are just random UK people who have probably never ever been to see any kind of live event like that before so are willing to cheer on anyone as they are there for the day out.

So attendances are the measurement of the quality of a sport?

No....just the popularity.

Let's see how big swimming, cycling, rowing and athletics are in 5 weeks time.

Largest attendance of any sporting event would be...

Tour de France? :D

On a weekly basis ? Add up all the stadium attendances from all the leagues over the season and see how it compares .

I can't fathom why you're surprised and seemingly angry that there was booing during penalties at a British football match.

I thought it was out of order (I generally do) but most especially at an Olympic event.

I take it you wanted Villa to lose the above shoot outs.

I feel incredibly uneasy when/if (it rarely happens) Villa win something simply either the players or crowd behave badly, yes.

Fair enough. I think noise is about the only thing (along with money) a fan can contribute at a match. Maybe chanting rather than booing would be more constructive.

A good example of why your funeral will be a very small affair right there.

You tried that 'joke' before, me old china.

It was removed last time - were you really waiting until now to have another go. :P

And there our dialogue ends for good I feel.

Greg Rutherford appears to be enormous tosser.

Must be surreal to have more gold medals than souls.

I was saying this earlier. He seems to have an ego the size of something extremely big.

Good on him for winning the gold though...

Fair enough. I think noise is about the only thing (along with money) a fan can contribute at a match. Maybe chanting rather than booing would be more constructive.

I'm not sure it's about being constructive but I do understand your point about what fans can contribute.

Actually, in that position, they can contribute silence, perhaps, or a normal hubbub or a great huge roar in support of their nation's athlete.

As I said, I'm not in favour of booing the opposition (or just distracting noise) in any event but doesn't the Olympics deserve a better level of audience appreciation and interaction than normal competitive sport?

Sanctimonimeter - 89.4%

Edit: Grammar

Who will win SPOTY ?

I don't think it is as hard as people are making it out to be. It has to be Wiggins .

1. Wiggins

2. Ennis

3. Farah.

Although of course things could change between now and December.

Â