City fan, advice please.

james_mcfc

Alright lads, City fan in peace. Got myself a ticket for the game at VP in a week and a half and looking for travel advice as it's my first time to go there, and figured you'd be the best people to ask. Going to be booking trains tonight so need to know a couple of things. Firstly, what's the closest station to the ground, and secondly how long would it take to get back to New Street after the game.

Cheers.

(Looking forward to it btw, was at Goodison last night. Proper shithole compounded by a shit result.)

Or, instead of reading this advice, you could always use the internet which will tell you in about 5 mins how to get there. Simples.

edit - took out correct station to get off. It's not rocket science: use a map.

The problem being, the internet doesn't really say how long it actually takes to get back after the game now does it? I was only looking for a bit of help rather than a few sarcastic comments.

Witton Station is where you head to from New St

The away pub is nearby as is the away end

Thanks for helping mate.

Back to New street - it's 5-10 mins on the train but there'll be queues for the train after the game

Trains at 18:07, 18:17, 18:42, 19:17 then every hour

Witton station is 5 mins walk from the away end at VP

Don't trust the train times you'll see on the websites entirely - there will be football special trains on that won't appear on those timetables. For example, if you miss the first train back to New Street out of Witton (likely) there will be another one about 5 minutes later.

I was only looking for a bit of help rather than a few sarcastic comments.
Take no notice, mate. You've come at a bad time. Not many happy bunnies at this club or on this forum ATM.

Â